Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virpus down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virpus down?

kornnflakekornnflake Member
edited September 2012 in Providers

Hi, my VPS is down :( Can't reach their support nor they have a network status page... I'm on the "ovzfinamore" node. Do other users have this problem too? Definitely need to switch my host, fuck this provider -.-

Comments

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited September 2012

@kornnflake said: Definitely need to switch my host, fuck this provider -.-

Harsh words for a noob

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

That's surprising..

• @Spencer how can you tell that i'm a noob? Just google the provider, it's not the first time that they have issues and it wont be the last.

• @kornnflake said: Just google the provider, it's not the first time that they have issues and it wont be the last.

That's why, we are bored of any virpus stories...dude, pay some money and get a decent VPS, if you wanna go cheap, don't complain.

• @kornnflake said: @Spencer how can you tell that i'm a noob? Just google the provider, it's not the first time that they have issues and it wont be the last.

perhaps thats the point. Everythone knows virpus is crap and is always down but still u signed up!

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Summary: virpus. is. crap.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I didn't know that they suck so much. Well I would never have bought from them as well, though.

• perhaps thats the point. Everythone knows virpus is crap and is always down but still u signed up!

Well, have to agree ;) Guess I was naive when buying my vps from virpus. But the price was too tempting.

• @zhuanyi said: pay some money and get a decent VPS, if you wanna go cheap, don't complain.

Or get hostigation, buyvm or maybeeeeeeeee

NINJAHAWK current LET special!

Price doesn't define quality but the provider does!

Thanked by 1miTgiB
  • @kornnflake buy one from @Alex_LiquidHost, Solid.

Thanked by 2Infinity AlexBarakov
  • Virpus is not crap at all, i use a XEN VPS for a year in 2011 with 99% uptime only problems when need some support on weekends but thats all.

• my current service with virpus is still running. i wont say they are crap, unless you wanna know how much i have in SLA credits ;)
    anyway service is up 99+% uptime for past 2 years with acceptable network/io speeds

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@LAKid said: buy one from @Alex_LiquidHost, Solid.

Thank you :)

• Virpus = meh.

• Virpus is horrible. Stay far away from them.

• Virpus up?

• Didn't know people still buy their servers from virpus

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I have had 3 bad experiences with Virpus which included full server data loss. I'm just waiting for my credit to run out with them. Stay away from Virpus... pay the extra 1 dollar and get a honest reliable vps hosting company that actually knows what they are doing. Good luck!

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited September 2012

OP, did you ever get your issue resolved by Virpus, or at least server back online so you can migrate?

• WhizzWrWhizzWr Member
    edited September 2012

I'm on ovzpapenfuss and everything seems to load just fine.

root@--------:~# uptime
     16:47:24 up 82 days, 22:52,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

I also have had bad experience with them, a data loss that is caused by human error. They gave me a relatively generous credits in return. Also I asked nicely and I got my VPS I/O priority increased, I'm getting 50mb/s on dd if and I'm on their cheapest plan. (Like $4 if paid quarterly)

I'm aware of their past reputation but since I'm not doing anything important on this (and any of my) VPS, I'm not worrying about anything while being with Virpus.

• Virpus is down even when they are up . Their vps are so oversell that even acces it with ssh was taking several MINUTES . I've never seen any vps that bad . After 2 week just to try to conect to the vps ive give up and cancel it

• @qwerty666 if you switch to ninjahawk, you will get your second month free and a better vps.