Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM 1.12 out
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM 1.12 out

AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
edited September 2012 in General

So, not sure when it actually got out, I just noticed it. ATM upgrading all of my servers with it. Any thoughts / comments?

I will post myne after I take a look into it.

Comments

• Should of let someone else be the test dummy.. I will wait a few weeks

• @Jacob said: I will wait a few weeks

I've been running the beta for weeks for the KVM templates and it has been great, users seem to find it much easier overall.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I don't even see an announcement or final release notes. I guess they don't believe in wrapping everything up in a nice little package ;)

• @jarland said: final release notes

http://wiki.solusvm.com/Versions#1.12.00

Also, from the dashboard, at the bottom of the page are the release note links for all the versions.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Well, I updated from the master server itself, no beta, it is a final release. I had a problem with VPS resellers bug as well, I still got to test if they resolved it as promised or I would still need to monitor every VPS a reseller creates.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@miTgiB said: users seem to find it much easier overall

Yeah it seemed to be pretty good, from what I saw on my Hostigation.

• I just read the changelog, and nothing much has changed all these minor revisions are pointless, unless urgent. They need to hurry on v2.

@miTgiB
    Where did you get the templates theirself, as I still haven't explored that feature. I am thinking of getting templates from stacklet, any thoughts on that?

@Jacob said: I just read the changelog, and nothing much has changed all these minor revisions are pointless, unless urgent. They need to hurry on v2.

The KVM templates are not pointless at all.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2012

@miTgiB That's what I get for trying to see things zoomed out on my iPad.

I like the new backup option. I don't like to run FTP on anything I don't have to.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: Where did you get the templates theirself

http://wiki.solusvm.com/KVM_Templates

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2012

I never upgrade the same day a patch is released unless it's a critical security fix. WHMCS and SolusVM have taught me well. I'm interested to find out what features were removed that they won't tell us about. :)

• Since we already have templates im not going to bother upgrading, even our current templates are smaller than the gen 1 templates. So I am patiently waiting for Gen 2 to be released.

@LV_Matt said: Since we already have templates im not going to bother upgrading, even our current templates are smaller than the gen 1 templates. So I am patiently waiting for Gen 2 to be released.

How do you actually have the templates when solusvm has just released them (after the beta)? As far as I know they are closed source, so you can not edit their system and from your message you use them? I asume it is some additional system?

• We basically put a template inside an ISO in simple terms then used tinylinux to install it all in under a minute :)

Thanked by 1AlexBarakov

@LV_Matt said: We basically put a template inside an ISO in simple terms then used tinylinux to install it all in under a minute :)

Ah I see :). I was just working on kickstart, atleast for CentOS as after our last sale, a bunch of tickets got in for OS installation on KVM's. However shortly after I noticed that 1.12 Solus is released, so I guess I will upload all the templates first thing in the morning.

• We want to get 1.13 beta out within the next few days. The 2nd generation templates are far better and allow you to create your own with ease. They wll also resize despite the partition layout inside.

Thanked by 2Victor SimpleNode
  • @soluslabs the link to "Release Notes" on the top right on your web site is broken.

• @KuJoe said: I never upgrade the same day a patch is released unless it's a critical security fix. WHMCS and SolusVM have taught me well. I'm interested to find out what features were removed that they won't tell us about. :)

Kudos to this.

They fucked up the ISO sync. I set up some "sync job", that is still pending.

@Jack said: How do you know that's them and not a routing issue between your Master and Slave?

Pings and traceroutes were clean. There must eb something else that I have missed, cause it seems to be completed hours after it was initiated.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: They fucked up the ISO sync.

Screw ISO sync, I abandoned that crap over a year ago. Complete waste of space. I nfs export some space on a local nas and mount it on each node. This doesn't need to be high performance, how often are people even using the ISO's. Never have I heard a single complaint, but my ISO library is over 50gb, that is a number of VPS I can sell, or provide some extra disk space to a client or two who needs it, instead of wasting it on ISO's.