Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats your uptime on OVH Classic VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whats your uptime on OVH Classic VPS?

So whats your current uptime on OVH Classic VPS, really interested in knowing this!¨

Thanks advance and please share your uptime with us :)

Comments

• Don't have one any more but when I did I remember it being rebooted all the time

• @hostnoob said:
    Don't have one any more but when I did I remember it being rebooted all the time

That does not sound very well :( How long back was this, maybe they have changed.. :)

• maybe a year ago. I think it was because they rebooted the VMs every time they updated something (which was rather often). although disk I/O was also limited to like 11MB/s back then, and then they increased it to like 32MB/s so maybe it's improved since then in more areas.

OVH have a really good status page so you can see how often they have incidents. do maintenance etc.

http://status.ovh.com/?project=22&status=all&perpage=50

• Uptime is OK but by using Cacti, I find that the ping time to my OVH Classic VPS is not stable, it jumps up and down all the time, unlike my other servers.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2015

foxez said: That does not sound very well :( How long back was this, maybe they have changed.. :)

Why are you so concerned about this? The OVH Classic VPSes are no more.
    You can't buy one from the main FR website anymore, and very soon won't be able to buy one at all.
    They got replaced by https://www.ovh.com/fr/vps/vps-ssd.xml, which is more expensive and is KVM, not OpenVZ.

• @rm_ said:
    They got replaced by https://www.ovh.com/fr/vps/vps-ssd.xml, which is more expensive and is KVM, not OpenVZ.

Oh nice, they finally updated the UK site with those

lazyt said: They still show them here?

Only for some days or weeks, so if you want one, grab it now.

• @rm_ said:
    Only for some days or weeks, so if you want one, grab it now.

Done. Will use it as seedbox maybe.. :3

• don't know why anyone would want the older Openvz version when the KVM version is either out or coming soon depending on what OVH site you are allowed to order from. If it costs $1 more per month its probably well worth it.

edited August 2015

Well the old one is 33% cheaper, while offering the same 100 Mbit unmetered (disregard the bandwidth cap warning, they do not enforce it) with DDoS protection. So you could have 2x100mbit of the new ones or 3x100mbit of the old ones for the same price.

• ya but the old one has rebooted at least twice a week whenever I have used it. So I found it to not be worth the price. If the new SSD-VPS is anything like their Runabove KVM, it will be well worth the extra $$$.

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • GulfGulf Member

RunAbove in the similar OVH DC costs 2.2 euro, why do you use OVH VPS?

edited August 2015

Gulf said: RunAbove in the similar OVH DC costs 2.2 euro, why do you use OVH VPS?

At RunAbove you can't edit rDNS, you can't use outgoing SMTP (it's blocked), also perhaps most importantly it's not unmetered, and of top of this all while it was known that the Sandbox instances have no SLA, OVH recently admitted on Twitter that RunAbove is being repurposed to a permanent "Beta" testing ground for OVH's main "Cloud" offers. So it's basically a "Beta" product that you also have to pay for.

Sure as long as you don't try doing anything with the VPSes (i.e. not create/destroy them repeatedly, but create one and just use it), in my experience it can work well. But yesterday I was trying to create one, it took 10 minutes to even finish the "BUILD" stage, then it didn't ping on the network for 10 minutes more, and when it finally pinged, I couldn't SSH in anyway; had to force it a hard reboot, only after that it finally became accessible.