Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Freeshell Provider looking for contributors!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Freeshell Provider looking for contributors!

cripperzcripperz Member
edited November 2011 in General

I have a feeling that i might get flamed somehow but what the hell. It is 2:35am and i just managed to fix my server that gave be one hell of a time.

Now i am looking for any VPS provider who are interested in joining hands to offer freeshell service via my forum @ http://freeshell.cripperz.sg . Well competition aside, the objective of this is to really have bond~ haha like real mutual respect of each other seriously.

So those providers who contributed the minimum spec of vps as indicated below will have the ssh banner and motd to their website and a little write of their service. Also, your services will be indicated in that forum page that you see in http://freeshell.cripperz.sg .

Minimum Spec Im Looking At
10 to 30GB of hard disk
384Mb to 512Mb ram
100 to 500gb traffic per month

These users are mainly scripters, does perl or python, use irc, etc. Well whole objective of this, a passive exposure for you and fun with more freeshells to play for the guys. Seriously, while some people here collects vps, many out there still collects free shells. Of course the freeshell will be maintain and monitored by volunteers in http://freeshell.cripperz.sg . Just gimme a shout out of what you think.

Oh yeah P/S: i did have my freeshell service running from my home box via 100mbps cable + ipv6 for awhile, its dead now and i havent really got much motivation to bring it back up again since im thinking of total overhaul of my room, maybe have a rack set up in my room with multiple connections to it with some that i already have. =x. I also give out freeshells to my vps service subscribers so which means another exposure for you guys. Seriously i am not really worried of competition as my line of business is not just purely vps hosting. =P. To those who still wonders what the hell am i thinking, go read my blog posts http://cheapvps.cripperz.sg

Comments

• why not just use cluenet.org?

Thanked by 1cripperz
  • @justinb would prefer to have more control and customized environment. Just looking for a couple of providers to join together with the freeshell, probably when the pool is good to go, we shall not allow new provider to link up the free shells.

• but hey @justinb i din know that site exist either. so thanks for the share.

• I actually have tried getting a shell account from some of those places and never been able to. Most of them just seem dead.

• @drmike try this one

Thanked by 1drmike
  • What a coincidence, I don't know why I tried yesterday to get a shell, and I found this

shellmix.com

Also, they have a premium service with less asshats I guess :P

• @yomero @circus shellmix, devi.ous, anapnea are the old timers / veterans in the free shell service. I know quite a few that went offline already. here is the list that usually gets updated - http://shells.red-pill.eu/ .

@drmike you should really dropby Freenode irc and go to their channels. These guys are there =P

• Well, indeed anapnea.net is still alive (I do have shell acount there and idle on their IRC channel @ freenode).

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR
    edited November 2011

@cripperz said: 100mbps cable + ipv6

I didn't even know StarHub/Singtel/M1 nor even SuperInternet provided IPv6 connections.

• @Boltersdriveer no they didnt, they used to via Singnet. I lost my allocation from that. The first time i signed up from it was 4 years ago. Now im using Hurricane Electric's tunnelbroker since they have equinix as one of their ipv6 carriers here in Singapore. Ping and network was stable too.

• I wanted to offer you a uptimevps vps, but I don't think these are worth much these days.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited November 2011

@ztec said: I wanted to offer you a uptimevps vps, but I don't think these are worth much these days.

How is going with all that VPSs?

• haha well till now i havent receive any vps from any provider. I guess all of them not interested. Nevertheless doors are open with those with open minds =P. Sharing is caring dude. =P

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited November 2011

@circus thanks but I no longer need one. I was looking for one to pull newsgroups but no longer have that need.

• I was considering setting up a free shell service on one of my spare VPS. Give me some time to move stuff around and whatnot and see what spare VPSes I have available.

• I would love to get a nice free shell, but I kind of not trust free shell providers. Maybe because of the abuse?

Not to be confused with my VPS, they are true root shells, but one in like the ones you talk.

• shellmix and other have very, VERY controlled environments, you can't abuse.

• Hi guys,

just quick update, received the first free offering of 1 yr subscribed vps from a fella LEB. Updates are on our irc channel @ irc.freenode.net #CripperZ

cheers !

• @cripperz said: Hi guys,

just quick update, received the first free offering of 1 yr subscribed vps from a fella LEB. Updates are on our irc channel @ irc.freenode.net #CripperZ

cheers !

Wrong post

• @yomero said: shellmix and other have very, VERY controlled environments, you can't abuse.

>

Shellmix has an article telling you the basis on how to hack a website. I signed up to other called elitter.net, and it has DNS! Useful for our VPS that cannot handle them.