Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disappointed with some in the LET community - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Disappointed with some in the LET community

2»

Comments

• randvegeta said: thanks to @Anna_Parker re-sharing our offer

My pleasure! :-)

• GStanleyGStanley Member
    edited July 2015

randvegeta said: Is that a joke? It's an Internal ASN.... Those other IPs are not anounced on our network. You do know how BGP works right?

randvegeta said: In all seriousness though, thanks for the informative post. Indeed we are only using our own or authorized address spaces.

I do, do you? You should remove private-as on your sessions. You're leaking...

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@GStanley,

Do you seriously think we are advertising Nike's or Southern Arkansas University's IP space? I'm not sure I understand your comment. You know it's an internal AS and yet, you think we are the only ones who 'leak' and thus we are hijacking IPs because other IPs are on that internal AS?

• GStanley said: I do, do you? You should remove private-as on your sessions. You're leaking...

Again, what? A private ASN is perfectly fine for peering with downstream customer that has no ASN - bgp.he.net is ZERO indicative of anything in that regard as it simply parses data from HEs routers. There is nothign wrong with how/what @randvegeta does.

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • William said: Again, what? A private ASN is perfectly fine for peering with downstream customer that has no ASN - bgp.he.net is ZERO indicative of anything in that regard as it simply parses data from HEs routers. There is nothign wrong with how/what @randvegeta does.

Very very defensive you are. Yes, it's just a parse of HE's routers. Properly done, the private ASN shouldn't leak. Go back to peddling IPs with your low end collaboration.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • GStanley said: Very very defensive you are. Yes, it's just a parse of HE's routers. Properly done, the private ASN shouldn't leak. Go back to peddling IPs with your low end collaboration.

Do you have any experience with BGP at all? I mean seriously, stop making yourself look like a fool.