Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Evorack] - New Datacentre Location with 50% Discount Promotion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Evorack] - New Datacentre Location with 50% Discount Promotion

edited September 2012 in Offers

Hello Everyone,

I hope you've all had a great summer.

The staff here at Evorack have been working very hard recently on our expansion plans. As such, it is with great pleasure that we announce today to the LET community that we are accepting orders for our new infrastructure located in the Melbourne Server Hosting Datacentre in Manchester, UK.

The guys that work at Melbourne are an awesome bunch and have a fantastic network and facility.

As this is a very special occasion for us, we are offering a lifetime 50% discount off all our list prices from now until the end of September for any VPS ordered for deployment in our new DC.

As with our rock-solid Gosport infrastructure, we use the Xen Hypervisor software which means that all RAM is dedicated to you (no overselling!). Additionally, we have a very good reputation within the LET,LEB and WHT communities for providing a reliable service.

By default, all orders are provisioned in our usual Gosport facility so in order to avail of this promotion and our new DC, please use the coupon code NEWMANCHESTER when placing an order at evorack.com.

Here are some example prices:

Evorack VPS128
20GB Disk Space
128MB RAM (512MB Swap configured by default)
250GB transfer per month
1 IPv4 Address
/64 IPv6 Subnet
Cost: £3.00 per month

Evorack VPS350
35GB Disk Space
350MB RAM (512MB Swap configured by default)
350GB transfer per month
1 IPv4 Address
/64 IPv6 Subnet
Cost: £4.00 per month

Test Server: http://www.melbourne.co.uk/speedtest/
Signup Links: http://www.evorack.com/unmanaged-xen-vps.php

Spaces are extremely limited so sign up fast!

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

Happy Evorackin'!

Cheers

Jonny

Comments

• @Jonny_Evorack said: Cost: £12.00 per month

@Jonny_Evorack said: Cost: £6.25 per month

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

LET guidelines Jonny ;)

• @dominicl said: LET guidelines Jonny ;)

I've removed the references to the higher packages, however I'm sure most people can divide by 2 to work out the other prices.

• Iomart manchester :D nice :

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Jonny_Evorack said: I've removed the references to the higher packages, however I'm sure most people can divide by 2 to work out the other prices.

I think that's what @fly was referring to as well. I should read more though. Didn't see the 50% discount thing. If I had, wouldn't have said that, sorry!

Anyhow, I've used these guys before and I can say they're rock solid.

Thanks

• @DanielM said: Iomart manchester :D nice :

Indeed, they acquired Melbourne last month :)

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited September 2012

@Jonny_Evorack where is order link?
    what's site link?

• @liam said: Iomart have acquired melbourne?

That is very sad news.

Liam, we have had nothing but success with our infrastructure located in Melbourne. Even though they have been acquired by a bigger fish, this doesn't immediately change the physical infrastructure that they already have in place.

• @liam said: 'independent' companies such as Melbourne you do notice the differences.

Yeh there networks are usually crappy. Cogent etc. But they typically offer great customer service although at a high price

• For those signing up to the 128MB VPS, looks like its cheaper to use NEWSITE2012 advertised on the landing page rather than the code above as that gives 3.50GBP off (I.e more than half price).

OP: might wanna mention that...

• @DanielM said: Cogent etc

For me to it's mostly Cogent over Europe ;(

• @Jack said: 1 8 ms 8 ms 10 ms 10.93.144.1

Why is it 10 ms to your router o_0

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited September 2012

@thehackbox

That not a router its a UBR also know as a cmts

• JacobJacob Member
    edited September 2012

Manchester, cool. Melbourne are pretty pricey.

• @Jack said: I'll try it with wired connection in a sec :)

It's your CMTS pal :) i get the same

C:\Users\DanielM>tracert 87.237.57.4

Tracing route to www.melbourne.co.uk [87.237.57.4]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    15 ms    14 ms    12 ms  10.5.116.1
      2    13 ms    10 ms     7 ms  live-geam-1a-ge311.network.virginmedia.net [81.9
    7.114.118]
      3    12 ms    11 ms     7 ms  know-core-1a-pc111.network.virginmedia.net [81.9
    7.112.81]
      4    17 ms    20 ms    34 ms  leed-bb-1a-ae1-0.network.virginmedia.net [195.18
    2.178.145]
      5    58 ms    13 ms    11 ms  leed-bb-1b-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253
    .187.186]
      6    11 ms    16 ms    13 ms  manc-bb-1a-as2-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253
    .185.193]
      7    15 ms    17 ms    15 ms  tcma-ic-1-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [212.43.
    163.226]
      8    13 ms    14 ms    19 ms  melbourne.edge-ix.net [212.121.34.74]
      9    15 ms    14 ms    13 ms  melbourne-fw1.tur.melbourne.co.uk [77.240.7.194]

10    19 ms    29 ms    21 ms  www.melbourne.co.uk [87.237.57.4]

• Have the new panel for controlling the vps launched?

• mtr -rw is your friend

• @Jacob said: Manchester, cool. Melbourne are pretty pricey.

We don't like to cheap out :)

@craigb, that coupon code will get a VPS provisioned in our usual Gosport location, also a rock-solid system :)

• Awesome service, been with EVORACK since many months

• dataegdataeg Member
    edited September 2012

Not so nice providers for non UK customers

Rank Description IPv6 Peer
    1 Cogent Communications X AS174
    2 Tinet SpA X AS3257
    3 Internet Connections Ltd AS34270
    4 ClaraNET LTD X AS8426
    5 Custodian Ltd. AS50300
    6 ENTANET International Limited AS8468
    7 UK-2 Ltd AS13213
    8 Data8 Limited AS199066
    9 YAMMER EUROPE LIMITED AS198883

• dannixdannix Member
    edited September 2012

Unfortunately the code is only working for monthly bill cycle. As already mentioned by @craigb NEWSITE2012 code gives a better deal, same for the LEB2012NEWSITE advertised on LEB http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/evorack-2-49-128mb-xen-vps-in-uk-4/ few months ago.

Withing EU VAT is additionally charged.

@Jonny_Evorack any chance for nice yearly VPS128 deal?

• @dataeg

They have claranet and tinet both have good connections in EU. cogent is crap in most countries