Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best virtualization for hosting companies ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best virtualization for hosting companies ?

Hi ,
What is your idea about it ? which virtualization is better for hosting company and why ?
which virtualization is used big companies ?

Comments

• MarkGMarkG Member

SoluVM is low cost and integrates well with whmcs but needs lots of programing after installation.

• Starting summer business?

Thanked by 2lifehome bersy
  • @MarkG SolusVM is not a virtualization. Virtualization types include OpenVZ, KVM, and Xen.

@alimosavi The best virtualization for your hosting company will be the one that you're most familiar with. If you know nothing about KVM, there is no reason to start a KVM hosting company - that's a recipe for disaster. On the flipside, if you know a lot about OpenVZ, start by running OpenVZ and branch out from there.

Thanked by 2stallion alimosavi
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jamaica said:
    Starting summer business?

He better hurry...it's already July.

• alimosavialimosavi Member
    edited July 2015

@raindog308 said:

Yes

I used Citrix Xenserver , it was good but i try to find best

• Did you just actually answered that. Congratulations with your business.

I suggest you to use virtuozzo from Odin. It's one of the best ;)

Thanked by 2alimosavi adxn
  • None don't use any that way less to screw up and break down.

• virtualbox

Thanked by 1ronaldgrn
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited July 2015

I think it needs said: OpenVZ is not a form of full virtualization it is simply a fancy jailed shell. None of your resources are virtualized, you utilize all your resources directly from the host node including storage, network, cpu, memory, etc. So if you were being specific and really wanted to know what options are out there, KVM, XEN, VMware, HyperVM and VirtualBox.

Edit:
    I guess if you want to be literal you could call openvz, "Virtualization on the OS level, a.k.a. containers virtualization" per https://openvz.org/Introduction_to_virtualization but this is not full virtualization by any means which you see from the other technologies.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2alimosavi vpsGOD
  • We used Xen for a while but switched over to KVM as they were being supported by RHEL/Centos.

• bersybersy Member
    edited July 2015

Try Windows, 8/10 comes with Hyper-V preinstalled.

TheLinuxBug said: HyperVM and VirtualBox.

Did you mean Hyper-V?

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • +1 for KVM , It's a good choice because this virtualization has a lot of management tools.

Proxmox, Virtualizor, SolusVM, ....

Thanked by 1alimosavi
  • VMWare vSphere for sure

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

Citrix Xenserver is very easy to install and using it with Xencenter is the best for new comers to virtualization word