Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest 1 Gigabit (dedicated bandwidth) providers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest 1 Gigabit (dedicated bandwidth) providers?

Hey,

Does anybody know the cheapest provider in Europe which offers a 1 gigabit dedicated port?

Thanks

Comments

• RolterRolter Member

I would love to know this as well .

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

Cheapest bandwidth generally comes where HE.net is the main peer in the mix.

On the other hand, the worst bandwidth quality, poor throughput, high latency and packet loss usually also comes where He.net is the main peer in the mix.

• HE.net and Cogent.

@danitfk
    Agreed. Although Cogent is still still slightly better in my experience.

• Cheapest Dedicated probably Cogent/HE at around 70cent/Mbit in major metro areas (from Bucharest to London basically).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2015

@Clouvider said:

Seems like it swaps back and forth. Battle for the worst. Don't count out GTT though, pretty sure they're trying to compete over the worse service title in the last year or so.

• @William said:
    Cheapest Dedicated probably Cogent/HE at around 70cent/Mbit in major metro areas (from Bucharest to London basically).

Doesn't seem like too long ago when $10/mbit was the cheapest you could get (and that was Cogent IIRC)

• The cheapest ones are, as already mentioned, Cogent and HE with 0.5-0.7$ per meg, depending on your negotiation and other circumstances.
    Next to them you'll find Atrato (now Hibernia Networks).

During the last few weeks Cogent is performing poor in Europe with having lots of packet losses and short outages.

I would recommend using Cogent if you're looking into large volume of local area traffic. Cogent's poor part are long-haul connections, but it's worth with inter-country traffic.

• @Clouvider said:
    danitfk

Yes , Also I think HE available just in USA & Canada. I've never seen HE in Europe or Asia

@danitfk nah, you can get them, for example, in London. They, and Cogent, are spamming us with calls every month or so.

Thanked by 2danitfk dediserve
  • J1021J1021 Member

danitfk said: Yes , Also I think HE available just in USA & Canada. I've never seen HE in Europe or Asia

https://www.he.net/HurricaneElectricNetworkMap.pdf

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • @Andrei - is this mostly inbound or outbound traffic? What do you want to do with this port? You want it attached to a server or you want a transit service.

Thanked by 1Admiral_Awesome
  • AndreiAndrei Member

Alright thanks guys I guess I wasn't clear I know about Cogent and peering providers. I mean server providers such as OVH who offer this with their servers.

edited July 2015

If you're looking at 1Gbit/s fully dedicated to you, we can do this in London for £1500/mo to any service with us, Cloud, Dedicated and Colo. We don't have budget providers in the mix though.