Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM anti-abuse scripts/software?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM anti-abuse scripts/software?

ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
edited July 2015 in General

Any suggestions for KVM based VPS/VM anti-abuse script/softwares?

Paid is OK too

Thanks!

Comments

• If anyones got a custom/private KVM abuse script - I'll pay you for a copy and keep it exclusive just for me - no distribution.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2015

The problem is performance - I have something for DDoS detection (Inbound), IO detection and BW abuse (Outbound) but the redirect over iptables adds considerable load even on high end systems once your combined KVMs use more than ~500Mbit BW and/or high PPS. Second solution via tcpdump scripts is not fully reliable and of questionable legality in EU.

• wychwych Member
    edited July 2015

IIRC tom (@TinyTunnel_Tom) has one he was working on?

• Yep, still closed currently ironing out a few bugs,

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Hardware firewall for Network/SMTP/DDoS and a few homemade scripts for CPU and I/O abuse?

• KihiKihi Member
    edited July 2015

@William said:
    The problem is performance - I have something for DDoS detection (Inbound), IO detection and BW abuse (Outbound) but the redirect over iptables adds considerable load even on high end systems once your combined KVMs use more than ~500Mbit BW and/or high PPS. Second solution via tcpdump scripts is not fully reliable and of questionable legality in EU.

To lessen the load, another thing you can do is limit the BW of the connection via libvirt. Anything over that limit should be detected by whichever anti-ddos / abuse scripts you have.