Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS ALWAYS flags me for fraud - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS ALWAYS flags me for fraud

2»

Comments

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Then we manually validate those info and then simply remove those documents after 6 mo.

@Taz_NinjaHawk Why do you need to keep such sensitive data for 6 months?

• If you need fake canadian passports we get tons of these each week, not even the embassy was able to tell directly if they were real or not and had first to cable it to CA for a check of all data on them... so yea, not that hard it seems.

• Automatic flagged by maxmind bro.

• @Taylor said: Why do you need to keep such sensitive data for 6 months?

6 mo is just there just in case we receive CC chargeback for fraudulent payments. Most likely, provider will not receive chargeback/cc complains when it comes to fraud payment after 6 month. Just a basic precaution. Plus, those files are not even stored online.

• @regs , many whmcs clients are now using maxmind due to the promotion and partnership with whmcs - I too had the same issue / MaxMind will mark you as fraud if it sees your IP futher away from your billing address , as our corporate address is in Las Vegas / same issue - dont know if there is config option for that. (distance threshold)

Dave

• regsregs Member
    edited September 2012

I think i figured out what the issue is, I am trying to work with a particular host to try to resolve it.

• @regs: did you chargeback at them? Could be they flagged you and now you're shitlisted.

• @cosmicgate

no, nothing like that; all I will say is that being nice and using emoticons in emails will get you flagged for being fraudulent lol

• He is listed in fraudrecord. Nothing major. It would be one of those things that requires manual review.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@William said: If you need fake canadian passports we get tons of these each week, not even the embassy was able to tell directly if they were real or not and had first to cable it to CA for a check of all data on them... so yea, not that hard it seems.

So you ask for them papers ? Does it help ?
    I am a customer of yours and used 2 fake identities without being asked for any proof.
    Not that i dislike it, but I am curious if you catch many frauds that way.
    M

• Yes/Yes.
    And that you got through means simply we where not suspicious at your signup.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

Everyone stay away from M . fruad<3

@Taz_Ninjahawk. i have to disagree on that. any host can fell for fake IDs not just kiddiehosts. it just that how much skill that is taken to produce the fake IDs.

Check hostgator's blog there is a fake singaporean ID. it looks really legit brsides the "batman"

• @Randy said: Check hostgator's blog there is a fake singaporean ID. it looks really legit brsides the "batman"

Batman is Singaporean?

• edited September 2012

@Randy, he is Javaneese. Same as me :p
    bin Suparman : Son of Suparman

• @Randy now I understand why HG is hackable. They let something like that browsable

• I think it's probably MaxMind that's flagging you a lot of us use it, but I turned that feature off since so many people have Cell phones it's not reliable anymore.

• @FRCorey said: I think it's probably MaxMind that's flagging you a lot of us use it, but I turned that feature off since so many people have Cell phones it's not reliable anymore.

i guess you mean even fruads can get themselves a cell phone

• No, people move but keep their phone numbers, it's called local number portability. I still have a Texas phone number but live in Colorado.

• @FRCorey said: Texas phone number but live in Colorado.

You fraudster!

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @FRCorey said: think it's probably MaxMind

Can verify it is not maxmind that got him flagged but FraudRecord.