Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DataShack.net. Is it good or bad? Please post your view
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DataShack.net. Is it good or bad? Please post your view

I want to buy some dedicated here but found not review about this service, please help!

Comments

• BradBrad Member

Personally have never tried them, but they appear to be decent.

There's also Dacentec that may be of interest, that is if you're looking for low end servers.

Thanked by 2dacentec vaotam
  • I had a dedi there for more than a year. Fast ticket response the few times I needed it, very little downtime and generally a smooth ride.

Thanked by 1vaotam
  • armindsarminds Member, Host Rep

Too delayed responses from sales team, and most inquiries were ignored. I found @dacentec here and in other forums they were extremely fast in responding to inquiries, deploying the server and very friendly and easy to deal with.

Thanked by 2dacentec vaotam
  • @vaotam I can offer a 10% discount on anything from DataShack priced greater than or equal to $49. The discount applies to additional IP addresses too.

Thanked by 1vaotam
  • @arminds said:
    Too delayed responses from sales team, and most inquiries were ignored.

DS support is hit and miss. Sometimes I'll get a series of super fast responses within minutes, other times it takes a lot longer. If they ignore your question, try repeating it in different words.

Their prices are very low so I doubt they want to spend a lot of time in pre/sales negotiations. If you want cushy support, it generally comes with a price!

Thanked by 2arminds vaotam
  • RurikoRuriko Member

Datashack have good tech support since they reply fast. They even replaced my broken HDD within 6hours

Thanked by 1vaotam
  • vaotamvaotam Member

More review please !

• sinsin Member

The server I had with Datashack was awesome, delivery time was about 1 day (I ordered on a Sunday evening and got it Monday afternoon) and support was really quick, always replied with help in 2 to 8 minutes or so.

With that said, I think Dacentec is the better deal right now and their support is also extremely good.

Thanked by 1vaotam
  • They're in Kansas so all servers come with premium Wizard of Oz connotations.

Thanked by 1vaotam
  • BensDaManBensDaMan Member
    edited July 2015

Tried them about 12 months ago, the network was terrible, massive packet loss (50-60%) for hour long periods at a time, sometimes multiple times a day, and the support, well, those fuckers couldn't care less.

Certainly don't recommend Datashack to anyone, for anything.
    Using them for production? Heh, thats a good joke, I'll write that one down..

Thanked by 2HostNun vaotam
  • vaotamvaotam Member

Keep update !!!

• not the best of networks http://bgp.he.net/AS25861#_peers

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Its WholeSale internet, check my thread on them

tl:dr, had to PP reverse them after server broke and support was "helpful".

Stay as far away as you can

• @hawc said:

tl:dr, had to PP reverse them after server broke and support was "helpful".

I had to do a chargeback with the first server I ever got from them ~2 years ago after they deployed something different than I had ordered and refused to do a refund as per their terms... Left a bad taste in my mouth, but time has gone by so I'm trying to forgive and forget. Maybe history doesn't always repeat itself?

Their addons (extra HDD, etc.) seem a bit pricey for the quality of hardware offered and the market they're in, but if you only need the default config, it may be worth a shot.

• sinsin Member
    edited July 2015

Speaking of Datashack/Wholesale - did anyone else manage to order one of Wholesale's $10 servers they put up yesterday (there was also a $15 Quad)? They sold out quick, I got notified they were back in stock this morning so I quickly ordered one...says it's a Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 250GB Harddrive, 100mb unmetered, and 1 IP for $10/month. They aren't listed on their website anymore so I dunno if it was just limited stock or what.

-edit- Just received my server...Looks like they gave me 5 IPv4 (instead of the 1 that was listed) and a Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz for $10/month - not bad :)

• vaotamvaotam Member

So datasack is wholesale ?

• notgodnotgod Member

datashack is wholesaleinternet company.

i am sure, just different bands.

last times i have try, but not god

1. network has big question
      other company 100M port can use 99Mbps, her just 4M,
      yeah, you are not see error, just 4M, big overseller

2. very old hardware.
      i order the storage servers. tested used > 5 years disk.

so has cancel and can't review,

here just cheap, but use not good for we......

• @notgod said:
    datashack is wholesaleinternet company.

i am sure, just different bands.

Yes, this is what it says when they send an invoice:

[...]

Thank you for choosing DataShack as your internet services provider! We appreciate your business.

An invoice has been created for services from Wholesale Internet. Please find the details below.

[...]

• MarkGMarkG Member

The company is solid, servers work fine and people at the company do a good job. All is good at DataShack.