Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS 6.0 Released - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS 6.0 Released

Comments

• @Traffic said:
    You're a xenophobe. However, since I understand not everyone can have a reasonable intellectual development, I understand the fact that you cannot see that. Keep being an average mediocre Joe.

Nice try pal. I have no fear or hate of any group of people.

• wychwych Member

AnthonySmith said: SIGH watched the preview video and what is the first thing they say.... The most notable new feature is the new responsive theme...... god damn it, what the hell is wrong with developers these days!

edit: just finished watching it, the entire thing is just a new theme with a bit of an improvement to cPanel integration, beyond disappointing so far.

Pretty much what we all expected from them. It is however such a shame...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2015

@wych said:
    Pretty much what we all expected from them. It is however such a shame...

Isn't this the first major version release since cPanel bought them though? I'm alright with a release that isn't anything to write home about. Not everyone can reinvent the wheel every few years. I know a lot of people like to talk about what's wrong with it but I don't think people mention quite enough the endless hours it has saved them, the hundreds of days out of each year where there were no known vulnerabilities, and the wealth of orders and invoices that went off without any trouble.

We live in a growing global culture that celebrates complaining. I wish we focused more on the good.

Thanked by 1chickendippers
  • wychwych Member

@Jar said:
    Isn't this the first major version release since cPanel bought them though?

I think so.

I'm alright with a release that isn't anything to write home about. I know a lot of people like to talk about what's wrong with it

True, I just feel all the effort spent on pushing the big Six release could have been invested into the development and then let the general public talk about how great it is.

I don't think people mention quite enough the endless hours it has saved them, the hundreds of days out of each year where there were no known vulnerabilities, and the wealth of orders and invoices that went off without any trouble.

That is what we pay them for ;)

Thanked by 1jar
    edited July 2015

Well, my honest hope is that cPanel has cleaned house and spent more time refining the development standards of WHMCS instead of adding features. I don't know what happened behind those doors all this time, but I know that cPanel has never (in my time using it) had the kind of holes that WHMCS has had, that weren't patched with extreme urgency.

If I can say the same of WHMCS moving forward, I'll be very happy.

Thanked by 1wych
  • wychwych Member

@Jar said:
    Well, my honest hope is that cPanel has cleaned house and spent more time refining the development standards of WHMCS instead of adding features.

>

+1.

Maybe a faster release cycle coming and 6.1, 6.2 etc will bring much more to the table.

• Not sure why everyone is bitching so much. Grated I haven't tried it yet. But from looking at a developer perspective, supporting composer, namespaces, and using a proper API and ORM makes a dev's life a LOT easier with extending it all. Plus the template overrides is pretty cool as well.

Oh and it does seem that it supports auto cancellation of Paypal subscriptions. which has bitten me more than once.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Updated and everything is working fine.

• irmirm Member

Anyone have issues with modules not working or anything? That's what is holding me off the most right now.

edited July 2015

@irm said:
    Anyone have issues with modules not working or anything? That's what is holding me off the most right now.

No problems here. Modules VestaCP, one of the Stripe modules, and FraudRecord. It's up and running on MXroute right now.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

The ModulesGarden "Payment Gatewat Charge" module not run with WHMCS 6.

If active, the client get a error on the checkout process:

Notice: Undefined property: WHMCS\Smarty::$_tpl_vars in vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 738

I've reported the bug to MG.

@ModulesGarden

• SliderSlider Member

@Jar said:
    No problems here. Modules VestaCP, one of the Stripe modules, and FraudRecord. It's up and running on MXroute right now.

What about the solusvm plugin? Haven't taken a look but want to make sure everything works!

@Slider said:
    What about the solusvm plugin? Haven't taken a look but want to make sure everything works!

Ah that I'm not sure. I jumped in early because I only provision on VestaCP for one reseller, and all cPanel for new customers. I've got a bit less riding on it than others.

• Does this update include new admin features / themes?

• inb4 exploits

• SolusVMSolusVM Member, Host Rep

Slider said: What about the solusvm plugin?

Looking at the support system it does not work with version 6. We are looking into it now. Orders go through but custom fields are not populated after creation.

• upgraded with no issues: https://ssl.nanobit.pro/

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Jar said: Well, my honest hope is that cPanel has cleaned house and spent more time refining the development standards of WHMCS instead of adding features.

I hope that too but with that said even if no new features are added specifically on first release I hope they have fixed some of the things that have been broken for 2 years while they were rewriting.

• delta360net said: upgraded with no issues

Our old theme got broke after updating. Is there anything specific to add or remove with 6.0 ?

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

sdglhm said: Our old theme got broke after updating. Is there anything specific to add or remove with 6.0 ?

If you bought the theme from a third party you'd have to wait for them to release a 6.0 compatible version of the theme... if you're using your own custom header and footer it shouldn't be too hard to port over to whmcs 6.0

• As we are looking to build a new cPanel shared hosting platform, chances are we are going to bite on 6.0 normally than we would otherwise tend to do. Going to start testing immediately and pull the trigger on an upgrade once we confirm all of our modules are working.

• SadySady Member

@HBAndrei said:
    If you bought the theme from a third party you'd have to wait for them to release a 6.0 compatible version of the theme

Theme I use has got that today :)

Thanked by 1MSPNick
  • HBAndrei said: if you're using your own custom header and footer it shouldn't be too hard to port over to whmcs 6.0

Actually we were using our own theme. Somewhat similar to new six layout. But few of the functions seems broke with the new update. Thank you for your heads up.
    Our theme developer is currently working on a brand new theme.

• SliderSlider Member
    edited July 2015

@SolusVM said:
    Looking at the support system it does not work with version 6. We are looking into it now. Orders go through but custom fields are not populated after creation.

Thanks for replying here! Is there a way I can get a notice when it does work? I suppose I can just submit a ticket.

• Well how many changes did you expect? I think they already overdelivered in the 3 days they spent on version 6.0

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2015

@Awmusic12635 said:
    I will wait for a few reasons.

1. Probably bugs
    2. module support
    3. Don't need to yet

Remember the issue that allowed SQL queries to be executed through the ticket box? Yeah, I don't want my client data leaked all over the internet.

WHMCS 6.0 = I'll wait to see other poor suckers try it before trying it myself

edited July 2015

@doghouch said:
    Remember the issue that allowed SQL queries to be executed through the ticket box? Yeah, I don't want my client data leaked all over the internet.

That's been nearly 2 years. I'm pretty sure that one isn't coming to bite us again. Besides, you never know whether someone is holding an exploit for 5 that you're unaware of, or whether they have one for 6 and they're waiting for people like you to adopt it later before using it.

You never know what you don't know, and that'll be just as true in 5 years as it is today :)

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2015

True, I'm just going to let it... you know, "mature" a bit more before putting it into production. Besides, I'd have to get my website re-integrated with the template changes.

• That awkward moment when you don't push out your own software updates... LOL