Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS 6.0 Released
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS 6.0 Released

HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Wasn't expecting it this early on, but here it is :D

Source: http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=102658

How many of you are going to jump right in and upgrade right away?

Comments

• I'm going to give it a few weeks.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I will wait for a few reasons.

1. Probably bugs
    2. module support
    3. Don't need to yet
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Awmusic12635 said:
    I will wait for a few reasons.

1. Probably bugs
    2. module support
    3. Don't need to yet

Those are exactly my waiting reasons as well.

• I'm just going to test it in my other VPS - not even close for production use.

• Is it no longer WHMCS?

• Well thats a bit of surprise wasn't expecting them to launch it like this :P

But will test with developer license or on test server. Not in production for obvious reasons
    its very new will give it some time :)

• wychwych Member

I think I will hold off for a while.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Anybody who does update please report back :) I"m gonna wait for a while.

• only thing they are telling improved theme s*x and cpanel thing. ive used beta and not much new things found

• raider_in_dark said: only thing they are telling improved theme s*x and cpanel thing. ive used beta and not much new things found

I agree with this. We played with the beta and saw a few CSS tweaks in terms of the backend design. Honestly, that's the biggest change I noticed after playing around with it for about 10 minutes.

Personally I would love to see WHMCS re-work their admin area as it takes several tabs to for me to get anything done. If they just re-did the ticket pages and added an AJAX tab to see a minified version of client's services (showing the one they highlighted), it would save me about 5 browser tabs.

• Such upgrade... Much newer...

All I see is two bug fixes and a new theme.

• BruceBruce Member

Automated PayPal Subscription Cancellation is supported

nice!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2015

Gonna start toying with it tomorrow probably. I doubt it's any buggier than most apps usually are. Then again my small client base can survive some minor WHMCS issues. If I cause a problem I just don't bill people. Everyone wins but me :)

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

Upgraded without any (apparently) issue.

https://ginernet.com/index.php

https://ginernet.com/clientarea.php

But, I expected new carts templates and no, I don't see any new cart template...

• jmginer said: But, I expected new carts templates and no, I don't see any new cart template...

Yeah, I too thought new carts were promised in WHMCS v6. What gives?

• Great , But I will wait for few days ..

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

Would give it a few weeks/months.

• Expected more with 6.0

• everyone upgrade tonight and i'll order from all of you. i refuse to order any service that doesnt run 6.0

Thanked by 3jar Nick_A GIANT_CRAB
  • @JoeMerit said:
    everyone upgrade tonight and i'll order from all of you. i refuse to order any service that doesnt run 6.0

What if I run version 0.6?

• JoeMerit said: everyone upgrade tonight and i'll order from all of you. i refuse to order any service that doesnt run 6.0

Please order. Shared hosting 1MB with 10MB bandwidth. $999.99/mo

• @sdglhm said:
    Please order. Shared hosting 1MB with 10MB bandwidth. $999.99/mo

nah 1.99 of the finest 3rd world hosting.

• JoeMerit said: nah 1.99 of the finest 3rd world hosting.

Not from this one. I'll provide you with the link :p

• JoeMerit said: 3rd world hosting.

Also, My feelings got hurt. Please allow me to get some free medical care from our government hospital.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • how did your feelings get hurt ? apparently a lot of butthurt out there arises when I use the term 3rd world and I get flagged for 'racism'.. what race is 3rd world if you dont mind me asking?

Thanked by 3jar k0nsl GIANT_CRAB
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

JoeMerit said: how did your feelings get hurt ? apparently a lot of butthurt out there arises when I use the term 3rd world and I get flagged for 'racism'.. what race is 3rd world if you dont mind me asking?

You're a xenophobe. However, since I understand not everyone can have a reasonable intellectual development, I understand the fact that you cannot see that. Keep being an average mediocre Joe.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2015

@JoeMerit said:
    everyone upgrade tonight and i'll order from all of you. i refuse to order any service that doesnt run 6.0

I find your posts to be increasingly pleasing to me. It works every time, and they still don't see it.

• Traffic said: xenophobe

Yet most of their countries were colonized by Aryans ;)

• I upgraded to v6 and all I can say is that its disappointing, the lack of new features/improvements/bug fixes is just utterly disappointing.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

SIGH watched the preview video and what is the first thing they say.... The most notable new feature is the new responsive theme...... god damn it, what the hell is wrong with developers these days!

edit: just finished watching it, the entire thing is just a new theme with a bit of an improvement to cPanel integration, beyond disappointing so far.