Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BoltVM 5 Months Reviews! disappointed...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BoltVM 5 Months Reviews! disappointed...

Hi, i want reviews about BoltVM services in the past 5 months .

im on OVZ Lightning (SSD) VPS - NJ - Lightning 1024.

http://prntscr.com/7ph6ht

in first 3 month, it quite impressive network and I/O. thats why i migrate few website project on this vps. and i say in first 3 month BoltVM look promising for production.

my sites well indexed on google and have bunch of traffic, and im always order additional bandwidth 3TB each month and its cost around $6. im okay with that, my concern is my website going healthly and have good position on SERP.

until in this week i have a problem, vps going to slow steven suspend my vps because load time. i got load time 10s with ram usage 400mb of 1024mb.

before this issues happen, i always monitor this vps using NixStats and only have 2s loadtime with 400mb ram usage.

ok, i says if i got 10s loadtime and i want optimize my vps and i will change webserver from apache to nginx and got loadtime 3s with 500mb ram usage. so steven unsuspend it.

but after 2 days someting going wrong again with BoltVM, im still got 3s loadtime but with 900mb ram usage, its strange. on another production vps its only eat small ram if im using nginx.

so i make test, im stop nginx service and mariadb service and run watch free -m to monitor ram usage, oh crap i got 800mb ram usage without any traffic on my website???

after that my vps is idle and dont have idea what happens. so i open ticket, and ask it and its now not idle, its suspended.

now what i want is i want backup data of my vps and migrate all my websites project. and still steven not replying my ticket. so im very disappointed with BoltVM service.

here the ticket support proof :

http://prntscr.com/7phin2

http://prntscr.com/7phhb2

http://prntscr.com/7phhwo

its been 2 days and steven still not resolve this issues and blame it on virtualizor.

sorry im Indonesian, i cant speak english fluently.

Comments

• badpatrickbadpatrick Member
    edited July 2015

@Steven_F

Looks like he's trying to assist you and has a ticket with the Virtualizor team. I've found soft support painfully slow at times. Sorry you're not happy though with your service hope it gets figured out.

• @badpatrick i hope so, after i post this thread steven just replied my tickets.

he's waiting virtualizor team, its normal its take very long to solve this issues???

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Can I ask what sort of visitor rate you have to need to buy 3TB extra on a regular basis?

Seems to me you may be vastly underpowered, also is your site behind cloudflare?

• SadySady Member

Hope you would at least hide your VPS's IP else you'll be here soon complaining that they're suspending your VPS due to DOS.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2015

I don't understand, they need to consult a third party to determine why a VM is being suspended on their own platform? They shouldn't be using Virtualizor if they don't know how to operate it and investigate problems, or if Virtualizor has enormous bugs like this one...

Thanked by 2alexvolk HostMyBytes

perennate said: I don't understand, they need to consult a third party to determine why a VM is being suspended on their own platform? Not sure whether this is Virtualizor

Sadly virtualizor does do that I have experienced it myself, I forget the odd combination of things, something like unsuspend for BW overuse, update BW amount in virtualizor, unsuspend via whmcs, I cant remember exactly but I have had this myself something gets stuck in the virtualizor side and it keeps suspending over and over again, I reported it months ago.

In the end I created a new VPS, moved the data and terminated the old then updated the vserver ID in the billing side one to resolve it.

• @AnthonySmith but still do you blame customer for that and don't inform about this weird issues to customer? I think that @perennate is correct why provider dont' fix issue on their own as you did it for example.

Thanked by 1nullnull

alexvolk said: @AnthonySmith but still do you blame customer for that and don't inform about this weird issues to customer? I think that @perennate is correct why provider dont' fix issue on their own as you did it for example.

Well I was only really commenting to say that it is a known problem, how a host deals with it is a separate matter :)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

buys 3TB additional bandwidth every month and then doesn't have a backup -_-

also phat lol @ the ticket "it has been 2 days" 15 hours after last response and then "are you ignoring me?" 4 hours later.

Just ask for a dump of your container (?)..

Thanked by 1BensDaMan
  • rokokrokok Member

First, it's unmanaged vps.

Second, there is no backup advertised.

I'm running image hosting & few sites on the vps and never had any major issue - yes I'm also experienced IP change but *fortunate not having problem with virtualizor.

Hands down for boltvm price and performance.

Next August will be my first year using boltvm and I'm gonna renew it for another year :)

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2015

Buy Oversold OpenVZ VPS

Complain at LET

lol

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I haven't checked LET, so sorry about not replying to this thread faster.

I'd like to clarify, we weren't ignoring you. I saw the ticket, but I was waiting for something before replying. We were not ignoring you.

As @badpatrick and @AnthonySmith have said, we're trying to get this resolved ASAP working with Virtualizor. Unfortunately, it really is out of our hands completely. Their software is extraordinarily buggy and every time we try to get them to provide some support, it requires ~24 hours of back and forth. I did offer to re-create and terminate the old VPS for you (we can migrate over the data for you, it's just a simple clone, sorry if I wasn't clear, I was at the doctor with a family member so I did rush the reply a bit). Just confirm in the ticket, and we'll take care of this.

Unfortunately, @perennate, I was not aware that Virtualizor knew of the problem. In the past, clients would prefer that we quickly just re-create their VPS, so I've never had a chance for them to investigate.

@AlexVolk - How about you try our service before you go around and bash it every chance you get? I'll even give it to you for $0.01 your first month. Just shoot me a PM.

Next time (if) your load spikes, I'll try and grab you the process list so you have a more clear idea as to what's causing it. Usually it's more about triage, because you're affecting other clients, so we shut you down.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Steven_F said: Their software is extraordinarily buggy and every time we try to get them to provide some support, it requires ~24 hours of back and forth.

Out of curiosity, if it's buggy why don't you switch?

Thanked by 1J1021
  • @Awmusic12635 said:
    Out of curiosity, if it's buggy why don't you switch?

We're working on our own panel. Unfortunately, there were a bunch of unexpected delays. I don't know exactly when, but I should have time to finish it before July is out. There really isn't too much left client side, but admin side there's a lot to be done.

• Not like an OpenVZ panel is hard to do, come on.

• @William said:

If you want a buggy piece of software, sure. We're taking our time and doing it right.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @AnthonySmith one of my website is gallery website, every pages have 20s images and each image filesize is around 500kb-5mb. im not use cloudflare, all optimize is on vps side including cache.

@Sady IP has been changed, boltvm move to CC ip block range.

@4n0nx yeah my stupidity i dont have backup, i mean 2 days after incident happen and still not resolved.

@rokok im running image websites too, my stupidity i dont have backup.

@Steven_F thanks for replying my ticket and offer clone vps to backup my data. in period 3-4 month your service is really good, but in this week its like nightmare for me.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • My sincerest apologies. I was definitely not clear! You're all set and back online. Hopefully the next 8 months will be as good as the first 3 - 4. As a token of our apology, next time you need an additional TB of bandwidth, it's on the house.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @Steven_F I searched the support tickets for any ticket with boltvm but couldnt find any.

@AnthonySmith, you had reported the bug a while back to Alons and a fix was issued as well. Did you face any issue after your report and our fix ? We would be happy to look into any such bugs. We try and fix bugs as they are reported.

Please let us know and I will have an engineer on it ASAP.

• NdhaNdha Member

@andiklive wohhh pasti blog AGC nih bro, pasti diatas 5 digit tuh earningnya :p

Klu si @rokok mah blog AGC coli & bokep semua..

i use boltvm lightning too for my AGC blog, use Easy Engine HHVM + Incapsula with min 10k PV but never order add BW..so i'm really happy with boltvm..

virtualizor said: @AnthonySmith, you had reported the bug a while back to Alons and a fix was issued as well. Did you face any issue after your report and our fix ?

No, but I also did not suffer it for the first 6 months either so that does not say alot.

• @Steven_F thanks steven, vps online and yesterday just backup my data.

@virtualizor oh really, i dont know. steven says that he waiting virtualizor team to solve this.

@Ndha kagak gan, earning ane masih cupu. ajarin dong gan... :)

agan @rokok btw contentnya apa nih, articles, images apa videos. pengen belajar juga nih... hehe :D

• @Steven_F please reply to the PM