Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FREE - Europe (Lithuania) XEN Based VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FREE - Europe (Lithuania) XEN Based VPS

Comments

• @netrix I bet hundreds VPS were grabbed.

PS. Hundreds views of thread, many comment and no one even cliked "Thanks" button. What a pain, going to suicide - be right back... ;-)))

Thanked by 4elgs netrix rm_ iKeyZ
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited July 2015

Ou

• @Anna_Parker Thanks for posting this!

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Anna_Parker said: Anna_Parker

You're silent hero

• elgselgs Member

Thanks @Anna_Parker. I played with the server for a while, and the overall performance is quite good for a free server. I'm actually interested in the Hong Kong servers on your website. Do you think it's possible for a Hong Kong server to be anything less than $10 a month, with half specs of the $10 one?

• gonggogonggo Member
    edited July 2015

While it's sucks to some US locations, it's quite good for a free stuff. Let the time will tell how good/bad it is.

• @elgs The problem is it's not my site: I am not in any way affiliated with VPSBiT.com, I have just found that promotion on neighbour forum and posted it here. Just ask them from your client panel - they are answering on tickets pretty well.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • ChuckChuck Member

1 Month free only?

• Hey, can anyone tell me the billing software of this site? Thank in advance!

• gonggogonggo Member

@windytime90 said:
    Hey, can anyone tell me the billing software of this site? Thank in advance!

Blesta

Thanked by 1windytime90
  •  wget dl.getipaddr.net/speedtest.EU.sh -q -O- | bash
    -------------Speed test--------------------
    Testing EU locations
    Speedtest from Tallinn, Estonia on a shared 1 Gbps port
        Download Speed: 3.41 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 1.32 MB/sec
    Speedtest from London, United Kingdom on a shared 1 Gbps port
        Download Speed: 4.26 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 6.30 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Paris, France on a shared 1 Gbps port
        Download Speed: 3.44 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 6.39 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Alblasserdam, Netherlands [ generously donated by http://ramnode.com ] on on a shared 1 Gbps port
        Download Speed: 6.83 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 7.94 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Spijkenisse, Netherlands [ generously donated by http://www.freshnetworks.co ] on a 1 Gbps shared port
        Download Speed: 3.86 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 7.90 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Milan, Italy [ generously donated by http://www.prometeus.net ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
        Download Speed: 5.58 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 7.74 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Dusseldorf, Germany [ generously donated by http://megavz.com ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
        Download Speed: 4.13 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 7.06 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Falkenstein, Germany [ generously donated by http://megavz.com ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
        Download Speed: 3.67 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 7.60 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Bucharest, Romania [ generously donated by http://www.prometeus.net ] on a semi-dedicated 1 Gbps port
        Download Speed: 2.68 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 4.99 MB/sec

---------------CPU test--------------------
    CPU: 1 x Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
    Time taken to generate PI to 5000 decimal places with a single thread: 0m16.520s

----------------IO test-------------------
    Writing 1000MB file to disk
    (1,1 GB) copied, 10,3713 s, 104 MB/s
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Chuck said:
    1 Month free only?

No its free every month but you need to claim the SiteCoin every month too.

Steve81 said: The funny thing is that you can claim infinite sitecoin carrots, creating infinite carrots accounts (someone says "mailinator"? :D). Those sitecoin have an expiration date, so after you got a some on a new carrot's account you can just make a payment on vpsbit to have some carrot credits available to pay future invoices.

Technically yes you can get an 'unlimited' number of site coins. But you need a different E-mail for each site coin claim so it's not without effort. It's also against the TOS to do that, and if you are caught the VPS will be terminated.

elgs said: Got one, thanks. What is the carrot USD exchange rate?

US$1 = 10 Carrots.

elgs said: Thanks @Anna_Parker. I played with the server for a while, and the overall performance is quite good for a free server. I'm actually interested in the Hong Kong servers on your website. Do you think it's possible for a Hong Kong server to be anything less than $10 a month, with half specs of the $10 one?

The cheapest HK VPS is $20 /month and includes 1GB RAM. I suppose if you want somthing for less than $10 (say $7?) then the spec could be something like 256MB RAM and 10 GB disk space. But is that really desirable these days? With such small RAM you would not be able to run most OS, including CentOS 6 and 7.

Free VPS registrations have been enabled again! Stock for 32 more. They wont last long though

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Hurry up while the stocks last :)

Also, we have paid plans and the paid VPS will be provisioned on a different than the free ones ;) so don't worry about it. Maintaining quality of service is what we thrive for.

• BlaZe said: Also, we have paid plans and the paid VPS will be provisioned on a different than the free ones ;) so don't worry about it. Maintaining quality of service is what we thrive for.

What datacenter are these on?

Our own facilities in HK and LT. Or rather the DC belongs to our constituent owner/partners

• @BlaZe @randvegeta - welcome aboard!

@Anna_Parker said:
    BlaZe randvegeta - welcome aboard!

Thanks Anna. Actually I didn't expect to see so many orders for the free VPS. Seems LET is buzzing! Wouldn't have registered here if you hadn't re-posted the thread here.

• @randvegeta Hope that's OK and you don't want kill me. ;-)

@Anna_Parker, its ok :p I forgive you :D
    Nice to be here :)

Thanked by 1Anna_Parker
  • ChuckChuck Member

Can someone tell me how it works? It's Free but it shows

Total Due:

50.00 CRT

@Chuck said:
    Can someone tell me how it works? It's Free but it shows

Total Due:

50.00 CRT

Hi Chuck, did you read the page where you have to claim the SiteCoin first?

We give away something called 'Carrot SiteCoins'. 50 Carrots every month. The VPS costs 50 Carrots and since we give away those Carrots, the VPS is technically free.

But you need to claim the Carrots every month and pay for the VPS every month with those Carrots. See the page for instructions:

http://vpsbit.com/free-vps.php

Thanked by 1Chuck

@Anna_Parker

You'de be amazed by how many people have signed up but didn't complete the actual order, presumably because of the CarrotPay hoop they must jump. It's making our system look messier than I'd like haha.

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited July 2015

@randvegeta Yup, I am able to imagine, because in the past (Amiga times, BBS times...) I had similar services. I am very happy that not everybody are able to jump over that simple step. Some people are simply dumbs and don't deserve some things. What's good - it forcing their brains to have some work and this is the way how intelligence is building step by step. But I have noticed some are really resistant to that process. ;-) Sorry to say that, but that's the truth; of course it's just my opinion!

• ChuckChuck Member

Thanks guys. I'm on mobile. It's kinda hard to read them all. I saw FREE VPS. I just skipped everything and went straight to sign up.