Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why France? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why France?

2»

Comments

• raindog308 said: And nuclear energy is very renewable for all intents and purposes because we won't run out of the source materials for thousands of years...by which time we can probably mine them on the moon or the asteroid belt (unlike oil).

By that time we'll probably be on fusion.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • UrDNUrDN Member

raindog308 said: But electricity is cheaper there, no...?

France usually has the highest prices for everything in Europe but when it comes to electricity it's just on the average.

raindog308 said: You make it sound like electricity is actually very expensive but the perception that it's cheap is due to clever government hoodwinking.

I think it's because today people outside the country still think that France is what it used to be with the philosophers of the Enlightment age, the human rights... It's very easy for the government of France to hijack the heritage of French history.

The reality is that the French government is trying to be the leader of the tyranny in Europe. Education is very weak, incompetence and corruption are everywhere. It's a plutocratic government that works exclusively for the lobbies.

I have friends working in universities and laboratories where the administration and even his own "scientists" colleagues have zero clue about what they're doing. When it comes to I.T the few good schools are completely corrupted and the only thing they teach you is how to wear a suit to prostitute yourself in front of Microsoft. Smart people are usually those who have succeeded in forging their own education and have left the country.

In order to survive in this country you have to be dishonest, cheat taxes and people otherwise there is no way to go. This results in a nauseating atmosphere.

raindog308 said: And nuclear energy is very renewable for all intents and purposes because we won't run out of the source materials for thousands of years...

How do you renew nuclear waste? In this case there's no reason to not use coal since there's still plenty of it.

Thanked by 1alaningus
  • @UrDN said:

You could be describing the UK !

Seriously it can't be that bad (neither can the UK)

• UrDNUrDN Member

@alaningus said:
    Seriously it can't be that bad (neither can the UK)

I've been always optimistic but every experience I had was worse than expected. It seems that the UK is a competitor in the race to global dictatorship.

• Altough electricity is cheap in France compared to some other European countries, internet is controlled a lot on illegal activity (not sure if applicable to OVH, Online etc) by the ISPs.

• rds100rds100 Member

TheLonely said: Altough electricity is cheap in France compared to some other European countries, internet is controlled a lot on illegal activity (not sure if applicable to OVH, Online etc) by the ISPs.

Amazing how much shit lives on OVH's network. I wouldn't call that controlled.

• @UrDN said:
    It seems that the UK is a competitor in the race to global dictatorship.

lol - we'd never make it past the semi-finals!

• alaningus said: lol - we'd never make it past the semi-finals!

Britain has a CCTV camera for every 11 people. :)

• So the argument of nuclear power ovh uses in France must extrapolate to BHS (?). Fak I lost my sleeping pill

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

inthecloudblog said: So the argument of nuclear power ovh uses in France must extrapolate to BHS (?). Fak I lost my sleeping pill

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_pricing#Price_comparison

pls

• BHS actually feeds from Hydroelectric and Geo Thermal - THere are 2 nuclear reactors in Quebec but compared to Hydro/Geothermal their power feeds are rather small.

OVH France is easily 90%+ nuclear.