Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK Recommendation?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK Recommendation?

KishKish Member
edited August 2012 in Providers

Hi,

I'm looking for a UK Linux VPS with cPanel/WHM license (Unmanaged) and require around 1024MB RAM, 25GB Disk / 250GB Bandwidth

Could anyone give us some tips on a reliable provider? We will be hosting few sites with static/html content and 1-2 blogs and also provide hosting for local businesses so need it to be reliable

Budget is not really "Low" but average but maybe can someone shed some light

Thanks

Comments

• Take a look at https://www.onepoundwebhosting.co.uk/

you can get the cpanel license from buycpanel or similiar.

Thanked by 2onepound Infinity
  • XenVZ is awesomely stable, so is TheHostHouse.co.uk.
    Both featured on LEB a while ago. Don't know if they provide licenses though.

@httpzoom is around here a lot on LET, might be able to help you.

• VirtIO might be able to help you out. Although slightly more expensive, we do have automated offsite backups, and a few other nice features.

Feel free to pop up on our live chat if you'd like any information, or just for an informal chat about your needs :)

• +1 xenvz

• I'd recommend httpzoom

• allsimple is very good and stable.

• @ElliotJ said: VirtIO might be able to help you out. Although slightly more expensive, we do have automated offsite backups, and a few other nice features.

Didn't know self promo was allowed...

• you can get the cpanel license from buycpanel or similiar.

Thanks for the recommendation Daniel

@Kish, Have you considered shared hosting instead, it could potentially be better for you if you are just hosting static HTML and the odd blog etc.

Certainly be cheaper for you when you start to add up the cPanel license fee's etc.

• I'm using xensmart.co.uk and bhost.net
    Very happy with both of them.

• Have you checked out EZPZ Hosting?

• @DanielM said: Didn't know self promo was allowed...

The forum guidelines don't state anything about self promotion. It does say something about spam, vaguely, but I do think what I've said is related to the topic.

If I've got it wrong, I'll gladly edit the post and hang my head in shame :)

Thanked by 2Randy jcaleb
  • KishKish Member

@onepound we will also be reselling hosting to local UK businesses as well so we wanted some what bigger control over then reseller hosting and complete whitelabel

• @Kish said: @onepound we will also be reselling hosting to local UK businesses as well so we wanted some what bigger control over then reseller hosting and complete whitelabel

I see, well if you have any questions about about our Xen VPS or require a custom quote just let me know.

• xenvz.
    Never have any downtime with them.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Which ever way you do it I've just checked UK pricing for Cpanel and your going to be much better off getting a license from someone like https://www.buycpanel.com/ unless the provider has a reseller agreement with cpanel.

• KishKish Member
    edited August 2012

Looking at SolaDrive, they have backbone of recent reviews so anyone here want to shed some confirmation?

Linux VPS - OpenVZ Business
    1GB RAM / 2GB Burst
    RAID10 40GB Disk
    500GB Bandwidth
    » Operating System (OpenVZ): CentOS 5.7 32bit
    » Location: United Kingdom (Maidenhead, UK)
    » Control Panel: cPanel/WHM $10.00 USD
    $24.50/Mo (30% Recurring Discount)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

OnePoundWebHosting and Castlegem would be my picks.

Thanked by 2ozfingwe Liam
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited August 2012

+1 for XenVZ, rock solid. HTTPZoom are also pretty good, and although they've not been in the lowend market for that long (although their 'premium' parent company has been going for around 5 years), they are considerably cheaper.

• DeorDeor Member

Have a look at bhost.net. I've been using them for over a year now and they are very good, based on that spec above you will get more for your money.

Dont know if they do cPanel etc, but that doesnt seem hard to pick up for 10 to 15 bucks a month.

The code LEBJULY12 is still working for 15% off recurring discount and if you pay annually you can get another 10% off i believe.

No connection, just a satisfied customer.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • AsimAsim Member

VooServers.com, featured on LEB/LET
    Provides cPanel licences, solid service

• KishKish Member

@Deor prices look unbelievable as compared to many other UK providers but I will give them a go and get cPanel from buycpanel

• KishKish Member

I have chosen to go with ModVPS (Company of HostingZoom/JaguarPC)

Mod-Lin-1024
    50 GB Disk Space
    1 GB RAM Guaranteed
    1536 GB RAM Burst
    2,000 GB Bandwidth
    cPanel/WHM
    $29/mo
    UK

• @Kish said: $29/mo

Thats crazy /troll

• @DanielM said: Didn't know self promo was allowed...

Yes,, Big Tim is the winner for self promo from LEB/LET award last year..

• KishKish Member

Which one?

UK Xen HVM - Mystic
    1GB RAM, 1GB Swap
    30GB Disk Space
    1TB Transfer
    1 IP
    Linux/BSD (chosen after setup)
    UK
    $14.95/mo @ ThrustVPS/DamnVPS

UK OpenVZ
    Guaranteed Memory 1024MB
    Burst Memory 1536MB
    Virtual Cores 4
    Disk Space 30GB
    Data Transfer 750GB
    $11.39/mo @ BHost

• bhost.net are awesome

• urpad

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/urpad-5-72month-1024mb-openvz-vps-in-los-angeles-ca-new-york-city-ny-and-luxembourg/

1024 MB Ram /1250 MB Burst Ram

35 GB HDD
    750 GB Bandwidth
    100Mbps Port
    1 IPv4 Address
    SolusVM/OpenVZ

$5.72/Month, Instant Setup

have one no issue so far..

• I have a dedicated server, so I can prob. give you one for a cheap price, if not I'd suggest bigscoots

Thanked by 1BigScoots