Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud Hosting That Is As Cheap As OVH's VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud Hosting That Is As Cheap As OVH's VPS?

owenowen Member

I need to find a wicked cheap hosting company for my video game hosting business. VPS really doesn't help us too much and cloud would be so much easier to customize. Anyone know someone that's incredibly cheap but good?

Comments

• What are you looking for in cloud? HA? Per-hour billing? The one in my signature has lots of locations and good pricing.

• owenowen Member

Looking for an easily scalable company. Something that let's me buy 2GB for under $10 lol
    (gotta compete)

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited July 2015

@owen said:
    VPS really doesn't help us too much and cloud would be so much easier to customize.

Errr.. can you explain your definition of what the difference is between VPS and cloud hosting

• You'll be hammering the CPU and probably Disk pretty hard as a GSP a VPS might not be ideal
    I'd personally look into a cheap dedicated server to get you started. What sort of games are you looking at hosting?

• owenowen Member

@Umcookies said:
    You'll be hammering the CPU and probably Disk pretty hard as a GSP a VPS might not be ideal
    I'd personally look into a cheap dedicated server to get you started. What sort of games are you looking at hosting?

Minecraft, Garry's Mod, etc.

• UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited July 2015

@owen said:
    Minecraft, Garry's Mod, etc.

Had a feeling that would be the case, you'll definitely want dedicated resources. Not only to keep your customers happy but to keep yourself from getting booted off of the node. In my experience Gmod servers can be very taxxing on the CPU's, I'd often wake up to find my server had been maxxed out over night and was sitting at 100% usage for hours.

Do you have a budget in mind? For ~$30 dacentec has some very nice servers with dual disks.
    Delimiter might still have some X5150's for $60 per quarter (20/mth).
    Kimsufi / SYS are the usual targets for a start-up host such as yourself.

• bersybersy Member

iwstack, dedify

• HackcraftHackcraft Member
    edited August 2015

I have my self been looking at HostHatch because if you need to you can buy ddos protection at any time for your server (but it's $5/month extra). They do kvm and openvz, however if you want 2GB ram from them it will cost $14/month but they use Intel E5 3.5GHz+ Cores.
    Their $7/month deal looks good if you want to start out with one server.
    However I don't know how much better the kvm version would be over the openvz if at all.

Has anyone here used them?

EDIT: OOOOh The $7 openvz has a 1024 MB vSwap, so you have 3 cores and 2gb ram because of the vSwap

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2015

DediCore/Abusive Cores might be an option?

I'm not sure its a "cloud" solution you need, more a scalable VPS.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Hackcraft said: because if you need to you can buy ddos protection at any time for your server (but it's $5/month extra).

That the sole reason? $5/month gets you not just one but two RunAbove 2GB KVM boxes, and those are DDoS protected 24/7 (not to mention come with their own IPv4 address each).

• See my signature for our latest VPS series. We can meet your budget requirements and offer dedicated vCPU allowances (6.25% of the entire processor), they come with OVH DDoS detection and mitigation too.

• @wych said:
    DediCore/Abusive Cores might be an option?

I'm not sure its a "cloud" solution you need, more a scalable VPS.

I just love the AbusiveCores website... especially the CPU images labelled "ABUSE ME 100%" :p

• @Caroleen_Smith said:
    I am using the cloud server now, but it is not VOH's. I think the cloud server I use is OK now. I do not the VOH's price, so i can not say the lowest or not.

wat

• @owen said:
    I need to find a wicked cheap hosting company for my video game hosting business. VPS really doesn't help us too much and cloud would be so much easier to customize. Anyone know someone that's incredibly cheap but good?

Iwstack is really excellent. Otherwise, you can go with Runabove Steadfast (2GB instance/9$)

• Check out Atlantic.net cloud VPS.

• i prefer atlantic.net cloud servers. #runabove Worst kind. Suspension without Activation. Shame on them. A company without SLA

• Declare cloud