Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ebay money back option - on theese scenarios.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ebay money back option - on theese scenarios.

I know that the money back option is working on Ebay, if you get a fake product, or some other crap.

But what about:
Batteries that has one rating on them, and if you test them, the mAh is way lower then the rating on the battery. Can I then ask for my money back, if the seller is not willing to refund?

What about flash light that is rated at x Lumen, but only produce X Lumen that is much lower then the rating?
Etc, I did buy some 3000 Lumen flashlights, but they are weaker then a 900 lumen flashlight with the same battery, fully charged.

Can I ask for my money back then?

I have ordered smart chargers for batteries, so I can also test the actually mAh (discharging), ordered three different types, so if all three gives around the same result, it's a correct result.

I have ordered a Digital LCD 100,000 Photometer Lumen Luxmeter 3 Range Lux Meter Light Tester WFE to test my flashlights. It will easy tell me what the actually lumen is on the flashlight.

Or do you have to take your losses if you buy crappy products like batteries and/or flashlights on ebay?

Comments

• wychwych Member

Try it and let us know :)

Thanked by 3myhken Rob92 TheKiller
  • myhken said: What about flash light that is rated at x Lumen, but only produce X Lumen that is much lower then the rating? Etc, I did buy some 3000 Lumen flashlights, but they are weaker then a 900 lumen flashlight with the same battery, fully charged.

If you can prove it to them well enough...

myhken said: I have ordered a Digital LCD 100,000 Photometer Lumen Luxmeter 3 Range Lux Meter Light Tester WFE to test my flashlights. It will easy tell me what the actually lumen is on the flashlight.

I wouldn't take that as 100% valid proof if I were eBay.

However, they may take that as enough proof to refund you.

• myhkenmyhken Member

Have to wait to the testing equipment is coming. But I have sent a messages to the sellers of the products, telling them that I will test, and I will ask for a refund, and/or give negative feedback if the rating is way off.

• Are you buying the smart charger and photometer from eBay?

• myhkenmyhken Member

@alaningus said:
    Are you buying the smart charger and photometer from eBay?

Of course :D But I have seen lots of tests before I did go for what I ordered. And to be sure, I ordered three different types, so one of them has to be right. And if all three is showing the same, then I can conclude.

• myhken said: Of course :D

In Sri Lanka, we have a proverb. Asking divination from theifs mom.

• Don't forget to correlate different wavelengths with human perception. I was just thinking that you might want to make this scientific rather than just taking a bunch of measurements.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • SadySady Member
    edited July 2015

Yes you should have refund, I purchased a Samsung 2A charger which was listed as "geniune" & it ended like crappy & lowest end Chinese one having ~850mA. After a message , seller did refund.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • myhkenmyhken Member

@HarrisChou said:
    Email the service with proof attached, then ask for refund with product returned.

Often do I have to pay more in shipping back to the seller then what I paid for the items, specially if it's from different sellers. I have to pay at least £5-20 to send a package back to the seller, and maybe I have paid around the same for the product.