Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostress, please stop spamming
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostress, please stop spamming

loydloyd Member
edited July 2015 in General

Dear Hostress Staff,

In the last two weeks between ultra-aggressive repeated invoice payment reminders and various blog-like messages I received way too many emails from Hostress plus ONE! legitimate email invoice.

You are supposed to provide unsubscribe option in all unsolicited emails, which is nowhere to be seen.

Sorry, our world does not revolve around you. Start a blog.

Regards
GreenValueHost Customer

Thanked by 1linuxthefish

Comments

• Chris taught them well.

• @loyd said:
    Dear Hostress Staff,

In the last two weeks between ultra-aggressive repeated invoice payment reminders and various blog-like messages I received way too many emails from Hostress plus ONE! legitimate email invoice.

You are supposed to provide unsubscribe option in all unsolicited emails, which is nowhere to be seen.

Sorry, our world does not revolve around you. Start a blog.

I can almost guarantee the hike in unpaid invoices by customers disgusted by spamming. It works exactly the opposite as you intend. Jon from GreenValue left us alone, so we were happy to keep paying for our unused dormant VPSes.

Regards
    GreenValueHost Customer

• loydloyd Member
    edited July 2015

@KwiceroLTD said:

It's funny you posted that :) I really don't care about Hostress and their growing pains, this was only friendly reminder about good manners. On my end the solution is simple, not pay the said invoice and flag Hostress emails as spam and TB will move the future ones to Spam folder automatically. Which many people will do.

• spamcop.net

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2015

If you have an invoice you should cancel your service. Marking the emails as spam when you legitimately have a service and they have a legitimate reason to email you is a really crappy thing to do.

Just because they're not popular right now gives you no excuse to be a jerk. The time you spent making this thread could have opened a ticket.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • loydloyd Member
    edited July 2015

@Jar said:
    If you have an invoice you should cancel your service. Marking the emails as spam when you legitimately have a service and they have a legitimate reason to email you is a really crappy thing to do.

Spamming customers is really crappy thing to do in the first place. I did not start the disrespect and I have no idea they were not popular, but I am not surprised. What I did here is called a backlash and it's my constitutional right, while spamming is a criminal offence.

Did not mark anything as spam and did not report to SpamCop, not my style. As I said above, this is only friendly public reminder about manners, not a grievance. You can take a hint or you can get all defensive, your choice. If you decide to mitigate, please don't send any explanation or apology emails.

• SpamCop will be your best defense against these guys. They don't take kindly to 'spamvertised' sites. They'll contact the host of the site that is being spamvertised (even if not the same as the email sender) and the email sender.