Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS 6

So who tried here? and what it is your feedback about it ? How buggy it is ?

Comments

• Did they change anything other than the design, or will this be basically another template as we all thought?

• @Traffic said:
    Did they change anything other than the design, or will this be basically another template as we all thought?

They've added a couple of new features such as the cpanel control via whmcs.

• MrRapidHost said: They've added a couple of new features such as the cpanel control via whmcs.

Won't that confuse end clients even more? Just wondering...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

MrRapidHost said: They've added a couple of new features such as the cpanel control via whmcs.

So they have made some improvements to the cPanel module which was obviously expected, anything else?

• OsamaOsama Member

A new theme and some bug fixes, but guys what would you expect from them ??

• @AnthonySmith said:
    So they have made some improvements to the cPanel module which was obviously expected, anything else?

• Complete code rewrite
    • Third party libraries now installed using composer

Don't expect some shiny new features in v6, they're trying to make it stable.

• Does any hosting provider installed it already? I'd like to see it. ;)

Really it is a complete rewrite?

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

I'll try on a staging and let you guys know ( unless someone else is already started )

• @BharatB said:
    I'll try on a staging and let you guys know ( unless someone else is already started )

If the license agreement permits, would you be kind enough to make a public staging URL? That way we could all check it out.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited July 2015

and I already found the first exploit :)

Thanked by 1MrRapidHost
  • Anna_Parker said: Does any hosting provider installed it already? I'd like to see it. ;)

On site beta.

• 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

theres a demo here>>>> http://www.whmcs.com/demo/

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
    edited July 2015

Dillybob said: and I already found the first exploit :)

Did you though or are you just stirring the pot?

• SadySady Member

@Dillybob said:
    and I already found the first exploit :)

Time for a video?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Really it is a complete rewrite?

Exactly!

Plus soon they'll introduce signed auto-updates and license pricing based on active client limits.

• alexvolk said: auto-updates

At last.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@alexvolk said:

Signed?

• Anyone who believe it's a complete re-write is so gullible, a full re-write the size of whmcs would take years, every module / plugin needs to be re-written if they've changed framework, newer version of ioncube encoder to support 5.4+.

Their bugcrowd has now got 56 to their name. bugcrowd.com/whmcs/

• We've been running a beta for a while. Seems to be stable and a nice upgrade to the client area.

Licensecart said: Anyone who believe it's a complete re-write is so gullible, a full re-write the size of whmcs would take years

To be fair though, they have not released any significant work for at least 3 years, so its not impossible that is what they have been doing, at least that would be a good explanation.

• @Licensecart said:
    Anyone who believe it's a complete re-write is so gullible, a full re-write the size of whmcs would take years, every module / plugin needs to be re-written if they've changed framework, newer version of ioncube encoder to support 5.4+.

Their bugcrowd has now got 56 to their name. bugcrowd.com/

Some code rewrite started since cPanel acquired WHMCS. It doesn't take years to rewrite if you've enough developers and not family members like in Blesta.

Bugcrouwd shows that WHMCS interested in fixing and paying money for reported issues.
    Blesta's family members are not interested in fixing bugs and instead blaming people!

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

AnthonySmith said: To be fair though, they have not released any significant work for at least 3 years, so its not impossible that is what they have been doing, at least that would be a good explanation.

Not sure if a complete rewrite is good or bad news. Knowing the code quality of the team at WHMCS this might only mean having to fix the same bugs again, but in the new version.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • LeeLee Veteran

Tried it on a local install today with a copy of a smaller database of client records installed, no issues so far but I would be lying if I said I had "stressed" tested it. Couple of oddities in the template but nothing serious.

• @Traffic new delelopers was employed by cPanel. Code rewrite was needed to make it stable and efficient for adding new features.

Thanked by 1Traffic
    edited July 2015

Sady said: Time for a video?

Uploading one about how hostingcon is a violation of our human rights. Will post soon.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2015

@dillybob - How about sticking with the topic and giving some evidence of this exploit you have found or are you just trying to impress the other children and failing again?

Thanked by 1TheKiller
    edited July 2015

Lee said: How about sticking with the topic and giving some evidence of this exploit you have found or are you just trying to impress the other children and failing again?

I'll make a video about the exploit in WHCMS soon too. Chill.

• @alexvolk said:
    Traffic new delelopers was employed by cPanel. Code rewrite was needed to make it stable and efficient for adding new features.

Didn't know that. Glad they took that path.