Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 year, 3 month VPN.SH review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 year, 3 month VPN.SH review

2»

Comments

• @Infinity580 said:
    Dont, not even in a fucking decade go to VPN.sh.

They resolving there VPN servers over DNS, it was broken for more as a week. Not a single server was usuable, bullshit.

Which locations are not working for you?

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@Infinity580 said:
    Dont, not even in a fucking decade go to VPN.sh.

They resolving there VPN servers over DNS, it was broken for more as a week. Not a single server was usuable, bullshit.

I personally have had to take some time away from VPN.sh for a while (long story, not the sort of thing for LET), and was only notified of this recently and it's now been resolved.

Just a quick update on how things stand as of posting (some of these are in response to points raised above):

Yes, we're running a promo. If you haven't had an answer to a support ticket, please PM me your ticket ID and I'll get it seen to. Everything at FixedRoute is up to date. One Australia location, one Japan location and one New Zealand location (of which we have more than 1 in each location) have been turned off for a couple of days, and we'll put them back online next week. Everything else is running smoothly, and (other than the aforementioned DNS issue) we've had no issues with the actual service and our locations for quite some time.

I'd like to highlight that this is not a paid review.

If anybody has any issues with the service as of right now, please do contact us via a support ticket, and I can assure you that it will get responded to. I'm currently in the process of moving house, and so response times may be a little slow over the next few days, but rest assured, tickets will get seen to.

• aoleeaolee Member

@4n0nx said:
    £1 per what? Decade? Century?

they offer £1 / year

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

aolee said: they offer £1 / year

Ah thats pretty cheap then.

But this:

tr1cky said: They are still working with the NSA, they didn't reply to my letter about whether they received a NSL.

How can one choose vpn.sh knowing that? O.o

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited July 2015

£1

Is cheap, but consider adding in the 'why isn't this working / check random things / is it worth submitting a ticket' amount of time.

• tommytommy Member
    If you haven't had an answer to a support ticket, please PM me your ticket ID

You said that everytime you back.

Thanked by 2namhuy netomx
  • @Sady said:
    Am I blind to see their ~2-3 months downtime mentioned in your thread when they were buried somewhere & not replying anywhere?

PAID REVIEW, period.

I have been using it last year, such a disgrace. All I get nothing but throwing my $$ to hell. Never ever use this service

• I've used VPN.sh as well as their FixedRoute service.

Tickets go answered/unresolved, I've had billing issues, half of the time (if not more) it just hasn't worked, etc.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend any of their services given my experience. From my perspective, they owe me money since I paid a bill and they never restored my service.

I'm also a customer of SlickVPN.com, and even that raging tire fire of a service is about 1000x better than VPN.sh. At least there's always a server I can connect to with SlickVPN.

There's no cost-based justification for VPN.sh or FixedRoute. You get less than you pay for.

• I have their £1/year 1000GB plan. Works great, as I only need it for browsing some blocked websites and it works well most of the time.

• TheKiller said: and it works well most of the time.

Not really promising... such a service should have at LEAST 99.5% availability.

Thanked by 2netomx TheKiller
  • Do they have India location?

• @Gerrard8 said:
    Do they have India location?

No.

• @TheKiller said:

Edit: They do have India location.

• Is they support dns leak protection?.

• @Trollburn said:
    Is they support dns leak protection?

They don't even support the basic service working as far as I can tell, let alone anything else.

• SpicyPepperSpicyPepper Member
    edited August 2016

The previous review was funded by VPN.sh

• stasistasi Member
    edited August 2016

@KettyMitchels said:
    VPN is used for encryption and to access geo-blocked content

bruh, are you that guy who sends me awesome seo offers for my sites?

• UrDNUrDN Member

It's always fun to read on the index page:

Many websites use your IP address to try to understand more about you, and share this information with other websites. This can result in companies knowing far more about you than you'd like them to.

When this same page leaks information to google and use non-free javascript.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2016
    Thanked by 1jar
  • Fixed.

Thanked by 1jvnadr