Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any hosts in UK or EU willing to sponsor the development of a php proxy script
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any hosts in UK or EU willing to sponsor the development of a php proxy script

titanicsaledtitanicsaled Member
edited May 2012 in General

Hello all,

For the past few weeks a friend and I have been developing a php proxy script as an advancement to my previous proxy script (titanicbrowsing).

I currently have sponsored shared hosting from @Jeffrey at chromiumhosting.com which has been brilliant and I've been meaning to write a review, but unfortunately it doesn't have the latency and speed that I need to develop the script efficiently because of the distance from the UK to America.

I was wondering whether any hosts in the UK or in the EU that could offer me sponsored shared hosting or a VPS to develop the script on with negotiable terms ( for example - I advertise the host as the recommended host to run the script on once it has been released)

Script info -

This script uses phproxy as its base but has been substantially modified to get rid of a lot of their bad code that breaks the layout of many web pages. I will soon be implementing full youtube support in this script using youtube's original player instead of replacing it with a generic flash player like glype does. The user interface of this script has been redesigned from the ground up to make it as minimalistic and as simple to use as possible for the user.

Browser Support

Internet explorer support is quite patchy at the moment because it has special needs :L but most webpages display properly in google chrome. Our aim is to get this script fully functional in google chrome before the relevant adjustments are made to suit internet explorer. At the moment, we only plan to support the most current browsers at launch but we do have plans to implement backwards compatibility for those that are still living in the stone age.

The Future

We haven't really decided how we want to release this script yet (open source/licence based/hosted solution). And we haven't even thought of a name for the script yet.

If anyone has any suggestions (or ideas for a name :P) then please comment!

I look forward to hearing from you.

ps I can provide interested hosts with a demo url of the alpha version of the script

Comments

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

What kind of resources do you need?

• If its a VPS then only enough resources to install nginx or lighttpd and a ftp server.

If its shared hosting then less than 1gb disk space and less than 20gb/month bandwidth

Obviously a VPS may need a little more bandwidth because it needs to update etc.

Thanks for your interest.

• I've had a great response via PM. Thanks to the providers that have seen the light in our script!

I will post a link to a live preview of the script soon for those interested.

• WilliamWilliam Member

If you can use Austria message me, i have some VRS SMART or something for you for a mention or similar

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

We got a brand new node in Vienna, waiting to get filled. You can PM me if you are interested in that location.

• WilliamWilliam Member

Interesting, test IP? Vienna is rare :p

• Wow, thanks for the great response. I have already sorted some space with prometeus and httpzoom. That will give me and my friend enough testing and development space for now. I don't want to waste lots of hosts resources so I won't take you all up on your very kind offers. If I need your services then I hope you won't mind me dropping a PM in the future.

I will definitely be listing you all on the scripts main website when it gets released as a token of appreciation, but the main spots will be reserved for the hosts that are currently providing me with sponsored service

Thanks once again! I will post an URL of a "working" demo soon

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Sure: 212.69.166.173

I forgot to mention - it is one of our locations for shared / reseller hosting, we do not sell VPS on there. But the OP mentioned that he can use shared hosting as well,so posted :P

Thanked by 1ozfingwe
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member

Glad I could help @titanicsaled :)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

@liam said: I think @ozfingwe also offers Vienna

Yes he do. One of my favourite VPSs! :) It's a pleasure to deal with someone who know his work.

@LiquidHost said: Sure: 212.69.166.173

It seems like you meet @ozfingwe too? :P

Thanked by 1ozfingwe
  • thank you @Spirit :)
    oz.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Getting back a dead thread... any news with this script?

• RootRoot Member

@netomx said: Getting back a dead thread... any news with this script?

@AsadHaider said: @titanicsaled ?

More information at w3Nexus Development Blog and in @titanicsaled's related thread: Unnamed php proxy script - Public demo/alpha testing

• The last post on the blog was a long time ago. I've put the development on hold for a little while because i have a lot of work on on my plate at the moment. It's not going to become a dead project though because I will be continuing development soon.

• RootRoot Member

@titanicsaled said: The last post on the blog was a long time ago.

One month and 6 days doesn't seem like that long ago to me.

Repository has been set up!
    Posted 23 July 2012, 7:22 pm in Misc

@titanicsaled said: I've put the development on hold for a little while because i have a lot of work on on my plate at the moment. It's not going to become a dead project though because I will be continuing development soon.

I look forward to seeing the project evolve as you find more time to work on it. :)

• @Root said: One month and 6 days doesn't seem like that long ago to me.

It is to me! I like making constant progress

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

danke!

• AsadAsad Member

@netomx said: muchas gracias!

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @titanicsaled what's wrong with hosting this in the US?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

It's an old thread, but he lives in the UK so it's easier to develop with a faster server, closer to you.

@Zen said: Developing isn't magically faster the closer the server is to you :)

I think I know that. I wouldn't say the US has a high ping from the UK either, depending on where in the US your server is..

@Zen said: You don't understand my point at all :)

Possibly because I'm terribly tired too..

• @vpsnodebox

Nothing really for someone running the script, but for me it was a big pain because when I want to test a change I've made to the script I upload the whole thing via ftp. FTP transfers suffer from a much larger time delay when the server is far away so it was really painful having to wait for the FTP transfers to upload.

With my UK server the entire script is uploaded in <5 seconds.

It is also much better for me to test the script with because I can tell if my code is making the load time slow down. I also test many different websites with each change so testing is a much quicker process for me.