Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is the most exotic location you have seen for VPS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where is the most exotic location you have seen for VPS?

2»

Comments

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Ole_Juul said: )now that's really exotic)

I think the high price has to do with high inflation and the way the government controls the currency exchange rate.

https://www.google.com/#q=1+VEF+in+EUR

dat cut in 2013 o.o

• 4n0nx said: I think the high price has to do with high inflation and the way the government controls the currency exchange rate.

I'm still no server expert, but it seems to me that what they're charging is 10 times what you'd pay in even expensive countries. Venezuela isn't really poor (average income over 17K per capita) and they've got good internet infrastructure. There's something weird going on there.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Ole_Juul said: There's something weird going on there.

Yeh like I said its the currency thing. A while ago I read that the black market prices are about a third so that "only" makes $566 per quarter already. The actual value of the currency is probably much less. :)

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Greenland

• fitvpn said: Greenland

Cool. There's the Greenland Connect cable which connects with Iceland and Newfoundland, so they're not left out in the cold. I also found shared hosting from iniNova, but I bet the servers are in Denmark.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited June 2015

Greenland > Danish autonomous territory

Also biggest island in the World :)

• fitvpn said: Greenland > Danish autonomous territory

I actually read and write Danish, but even then I can't find any useful information on the data centre there. I just spent the last half hour looking. lol The relevant company is Tele-Post, but I see they're listed as not being carrier neutral so I guess that's why I'm not seeing any servers for rent. The closest VPS is going to be Denmark, which is not very exotic.

• Still waiting for the moon.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @sdglhm said:
    Still waiting for the moon.

Too much latency, except for locals.

• Ole_Juul said: Cool. There's the Greenland Connect cable which connects with Iceland and Newfoundland, so they're not left out in the cold. I also found shared hosting from iniNova, but I bet the servers are in Denmark.

OVH France actually.

• William said: OVH France actually.

Exotic as hell.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited June 2015

Traffic said: Too much latency, except for locals.

Ping to Bangladesh still not a very well :P

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2015

Personally, a virtual server that I was able to purchase was in Azerbaijan. This can be considered 'exotic'. There are many exotic locations for hosting, but payment or availability may not be suitable.

• Mexico

• sinsin Member

Sealand

• MrXMrX Member

sin said: Sealand

Didn't go so well last time they tried.

• Does monaco have a hosting service? on one of the megayachts? or vatican city?

• MrXMrX Member

badgertalk said: Does monaco have a hosting service? on one of the megayachts? or vatican city?

Last I checked, Monaco Telecom did not offer VPS. I believe they do colocation, though.

• MrX said: I believe they do colocation, though.

So, unlike some other locations, it could still happen.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2015

Multiple ISPs in MC offer colocation - Starts at around 6000EUR/rack with 10Mbit BW and 3kW power. (Living/Business) Space is worldwide most expensive in MC.

Vatican has a small DC but does not offer any services to private/business, only church internal (Radio Vatican and the Popes website for example) - Most of these services are hosted in Rome and have VA IPs, probably due to space limits.