Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want Cheap VPS for game server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want Cheap VPS for game server

HackcraftHackcraft Member
edited June 2015 in Requests

I want a cheap vps for learning how to make a gmod game server. The cheaper the better but I want the server to be able to house 10 people.
If I like the VPS (will be my first) I may get some more money together to buy a faster one for a 32 slot gmod server. (most likely a darkrp server)
I however don't want my account to get suspended if I end up using lots of the resources.
Finally I have a tight budget because right now I just want to see how it works so I don't really want to spend more than £3/month.

I think I will need 1GB of ram min |
30GB hard drive space will be plenty |
1 core maybe enough if it's powerful. |
Bandwidth isn't a big problem, 1TB should be plenty |

Please show me your deals! Ty

Comments

• Hackcraft said: I don't really want to spend more than £3/month.

Increasing will help you.

• HackcraftHackcraft Member
    edited June 2015

You can put prices which are above £3 and I will still have a look.
    Something I forgot to add is that it must be in the EU

• Have a look at my sig for a dedicated X5650 core, 1GB RAM, 40GB disk, 1TB bandwidth.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=22

Either the 1GB or 2GB plan is within your budget assuming you are ok with Linux.

Ant.

• Yes I want linux so I can get use to it

• Mark Turner, is yours in the EU? Also do you do a 2GB version as that one dedicated core looks pretty deadly

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Either the 1GB or 2GB plan is within your budget assuming you are ok with Linux.

Dedicated cores or shared?

edited June 2015

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Dedicated cores or shared?

Vcores so shared

• Hackcraft said: Mark Turner, is yours in the EU? Also do you do a 2GB version as that one dedicated core looks pretty deadly

This offer is in Atlanta, US.

The best way to get 2GB is to just stack two VPS together so you get 2 dedicated cores, 2GB RAM, 2TB transfer, 80GB disk and 2 IPs.

• Looks like I will buy the one from Ant. It needs to be in the EU and Ant's is crazy cheap

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited July 2015

@Hackcraft said:
    Looks like I will buy the one from Ant. It needs to be in the EU and Ant's is crazy cheap

vCore doesn't mean shared, it's virtual cores, means it can be a thread of a core (not a full core). In this case it is shared and be prepared to optimize your box and limit your CPU usage. You know it's shared cores and running a gmod server will use more resources than allowed.

• Ant, if you are there. Will my account get suspended if my server gets full so uses all of the resources it can?

• I use Vultr for hosting a Gmod server when I feel like playing. Even the $5 one will do for 10 people.

If you want DDoS protection, go for an OVH classic VPS

• I think I have heard that ovh suspend your account or was it just Ramnode?

TheOnlyDK said: Dedicated cores or shared?

Shared.

edited June 2015

Ant, will I get suspended if my server uses all the resources for the server you linked?

Hackcraft said: Ant, if you are there. Will my account get suspended if my server gets full so uses all of the resources it can?

Not sure I understand the question, disk space obviously you can use it all, you can use 100% of your ram 24x7 CPU is obviously shared, as a rule anything that averages over 60% CPU use for a full 24 hours is considered abuse but if you need that 24x7 then you really want a dedicated server anyway.

14 day money back no questions asked though if you want to test it, the only exception to that rule is abuse, if you get an abuse report for spam, port scanning (even because you failed to secure your VPSS and got hacked) then that goes out the window.

edited June 2015

Oops, sent you a pm, didn't think you would reply. If I use the cpu for 100% say for 2 hours then the rest of the time it isn't really being used. Would that be counted as abuse?

It's just I worry the server with a few friends on may use up lots of the cpu
    Also is there a way I can limit the cpu usage then?

Hackcraft said: Oops, sent you a pm, didn't think you would reply. If I use the cpu for 100% say for 2 hours then the rest of the time it isn't really being used. Would that be counted as abuse?

No that would be fine, I replied to your PM.

• Ty. I am new to the vps thing so what will the following be used for? Hostname? NS1 Prefix? NS2 Prefix?

edited June 2015

Just put ns1 and ns2 in the boxes, in reality it makes no difference at all, just a 'quirk' of the billing system.

For your hostname that is what you want your server to be called e.g. hackcraft.gmodserver.ninja

• Thanks, I love the hostname!

• Have you got a promotion code I can use?

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited June 2015

@Hackcraft I doubt it as it already has been discontinued past it's worth.
    I am just going to say as a provider I doubt it I don't know about anthony smith but as me as a provider if I offered those prices I wouldn't discount it any further as it has already been discounted way below what it really should have been discounted to.

Thanked by 1vladka24
  • Too late anyway. I got impatient and ordered it!

Hackcraft said: Have you got a promotion code I can use?

To be honest the packages are aimed specifically at lowendtalk/box so rather than mess around with promo codes I just priced them accordingly instead.

• Take a look of our Netherlands 10 GBPS network and 1 GBPS unmetered network on our site

http://constantvps.com starting from 7$ per month

Any quesitons, we are here to answer them, or email us : [email protected]

• We can offer you this. Create a ticket at https://w3hostingservices.com/submitticket.php and we can assist you there.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@MonsteR maybe willing to help for a OpenVZ SSD if its a linux requirement.

• If you can increase the budget abit I can offer you:
    URVPS2

[]1024MB RAM

[]2048MB Burstable RAM.

[]40GB Raid 10 Disk Space

[]500GB Premuim Bandwidth

[]1 Core (3.6GHZ)

[]1 Dedicated IP

Price:

[*]Monthly: $9.99/mo. ($5.99/mo with coupon LET40)
    https://client.mrapidhost.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=11a