Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Some VPS Company become unstable?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why Some VPS Company become unstable?

Some Are Offline Some even lost All data! The first is MCH now the Hostress (aka GVH)!What can we do?

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

antiycda said: GVH)!What can we do?

Use your head and common sense. Don't buy shit.

• find another provider. do a regular backup for your data.

• that's mean we can't use cheap vps?

@indexia said:
    find another provider. do a regular backup for your data.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

Use a reputable provider that has been around the block and knows what they're doing.

BuyVM/Ramnode/Prometheus/DO/Vultr/Linode (not in particular order), but these are just off the top of my head of provider's that I personally would feel comfortable ordering from atm. There are plenty more I think

antiycda said: that's mean we can't use cheap vps?

No, you can. Just have to find the right provider :)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • sonicsonic Veteran

MCH lost all data ? Please link me to thread about this

• @antiycda said:
    that's mean we can't use cheap vps?

as @Dillybob recommendations. they've a good reputations for long time. and it depends on your 'cheap' means.

• MrVPSMrVPS Member

@antiycda said:
    Some Are Offline Some even lost All data! The first is MCH now the Hostress (aka GVH)!What can we do?

Because they host 600 clients in one node.

Thanked by 1Dillybob
  • @antiycda said:
    What can we do?

Switch to a better provider. Let me know your requirement and budget.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited June 2015

Honestly, if your data is not in three (3) different geographic locations, it is not that important to you.

Bash providers all you want, this is the god honest truth.

@sonic, we had an issue with 3/4 nodes. 1 node had a drive failure in the SSD cache and the other 2 just ate themselves after iptables locked the machine.

Thanked by 2elgs Lee
  • @MCHPhil said:
    Honestly, if your data is not in three (3) different geographic locations, it is not that important to you.

Bash providers all you want, this is the god honest truth.

sonic, we had an issue with 3/4 nodes. 1 node had a drive failure in the SSD cache and the other 2 just ate themselves after iptables locked the machine.

What do you mean by "ate" :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Dillybob said: Use a reputable provider that has been around the block and knows what they're doing.

The easiest way to find this kind of provider is to look on WHT for providers who have the CORPORATE MEMBER tag.

• @raindog308 said:
    The easiest way to find this kind of provider is to look on WHT for providers who have the CORPORATE MEMBER tag.

Never knew about this, will only buy from WHT Corporate Members from now on. Thanks

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • namhuynamhuy Member

@hostnoob said:
    Never knew about this, will only buy from WHT Corporate Members from now on. Thanks

i believe gvh used to have wht corp acc

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Yep, GVH have a Corporate account on WHT.

• MCHPhil said: other 2 just ate themselves after iptables locked the machine.

What?

• @raindog308 said:

@davidgestiondbi said:

@namhuy said:

Yea GVH HAD one was revoked so @XFS_Duke bailed him out for the client data again. Then sold it to @tdale for a quick profit.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • Not buy ridiculous plans from ridiculous providers.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Location matters

• LeeLee Veteran

MCHPhil said: Unless your data is in three (3) different geographic locations it does not exist.

Fixed that for you.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

I noticed that some countries have an exceptional amount of failing companies. It can probably also be associated with the effort required to go through to found a company. Never was I let down by a German AG or GmbH (minimum capital of 50,000€ and 25,000€).

Most LET providers don't even list company details on their website...

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

4n0nx said: Most LET providers don't even list company details on their website..

Which companies? Many LEB/LET providers sole traders who tried earn and pay from own pocket for everything than resell. No money,no business that simple rule.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

fitvpn said: Which companies? Many LEB/LET providers sole traders who tried earn and pay from own pocket for everything than resell. No money,no business that simple rule.

Could publish stuff like name, address, phone # , email address, "about us/me",..

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

4n0nx said: Could publish stuff like name, address, phone # , email address, "about us/me",..

Which purposes? You feel self better if has his names and home address? Call to say Hello?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

fitvpn said: Which purposes? You feel self better if has his names and home address? Call to say Hello?

yes

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

4n0nx said: yes

Probably too much for your $3,25 per month :)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

fitvpn said: Probably too much for your $3,25 per month :)

no

• omg! Such Corporate makes me cry

@davidgestiondbi said:

• $18/3months

i don't think $6/m is cheap. but data was lost...how damn

@fitvpn said:
    Probably too much for your $3,25 per month :)

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Add 5 sold VPS per month and 8 opened cases where you feel something wrong with your disk IO or ping to Zimbabwe too high. Including 2 credit card chargebacks where almost impossible to recover funds and PP takes $18 processing fee for each chargeback from seller over returned amount

• If you bought from GVH that was to be expected, i hope you have backups.