Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to become the CEO of your very own VPS hosting company in ten easy steps and for under $200.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to become the CEO of your very own VPS hosting company in ten easy steps and for under $200.

subigosubigo Member
edited August 2012 in General

Step #1: Purchase a dedicated server from one of the many of cheap datacenters. Datashack can get you started with something for under $100/month.

Step #2: Get yourself a domain and a PayPal account. Under $10.

Step #3: Get yourself a template from themeforest.com. Under $15.

Step #4. Make sure you use the words "we" and "CEO" as many times as possible when editing the template.

Step #5: Install SolusVM. $10.

Step #6: Install WHMCS. $12.

Step #7: Create a Twitter and Facebook page. Head over to fiverr.com and pay a few people to add thousands of likes to your page and followers to your Twitter. Potential clients will definitely sign-up for your service when they see how many other people are following you. You're legit now. Under $20.

Step #8: Create some $1/month Open-VZ plans and post on LET/WHT.

Step #9: Sell out of plans.

Step #10: Sit back and relax. Be proud of yourself. You can now tell everyone you know that you're a CEO and your business is in high demand.

Bonus step: Now that you're a successful businessman, hit up some forums and pretend to know what you're talking about. Let everyone know that you built your business with hard work and care about your customers. Unlike the other web hosting companies out there, you're in this for the long haul and have a solid business plan.

Comments

• @Jack said: It's actually $9 + $2.25 for the slave... if you go with license pal.

Technically you can do virt on the master too.

• You should put this in a PDF & sell it as a $97 ebook.

• I like this idea. I'm going to try it. I'll register as Ranty2 and come back. Give me a second.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hold on I need a pen

Thanked by 1SDH_TREXTOR
  • @subigo Damn, I might actually put this on our forum :P

Well said.

• Perfect plan! Now everyone can be CEO~

• SDH_TREXTORSDH_TREXTOR Member
    edited August 2012

Can you upload this TUT to Youtube please... jarland got my pen!

Thanked by 1jar
  • Sounds just like what you did!

Thanked by 2TheHackBox Parallax
  • subigosubigo Member
    edited August 2012

@Spencer said: Sounds just like what you did!

I skipped steps 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10 and went straight to getting my dick sucked for being so successful.

• Sounds like what the majority of the hosts that post on LET did, tbh.

Some of them are even posting in this thread!

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

Good thread mayb huon can do it

This sounds like a good plan;-)

• PhoenixVPSPhoenixVPS Member
    edited August 2012

While $200 won't take you very far by any stretch, many have done this.

Then again, what's the point of starting a hosting business for $200, selling OpenVZ for $1 and then what? Where will this leave you? What's the next step? $200 is a day worth of advertising on Adwords, and that if not everyone clicks on your banner/ad.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2012

I'm doing this all wrong, spending tens of thousands of dollars for a COO title when I could have been a CEO for under $200. :(

Thanked by 1SDH_TREXTOR
  • @KuJoe said: change my title

Titles are no good without military experience ;)

@subigo said: Step #3: Get yourself a template from themeforest.com. Under $15.

There are plenty of free templates out there and if you find some obscure sites you'll be less likely to find your theme used by another company versus shopping at the same site (themeforest) that every body else shops at.

@miTgiB said: Titles are no good without military experience ;)

LoL, I changed my post but you're still right.

• @subigo said: Step #3: Get yourself a template from themeforest.com. Under $15.

I have seen Twitter Bootstrap massacred and mutilated on a few web hosting web sites, one of them even posted an offer here recently. We made a WordPress template with Bootstrap at its core that's used on our web site, but after seeing that I feel like I want to vomit and use a different framework.

• @subigo The best thread/posting in recent memory!

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

Ds has no raid so i guess he is not getting RAID

• @subigo @LAKid I agree, way to go, very original.

• BrandonBrandon Member
    edited August 2012

What happened to reselling VPSs?

• I hate resellers, especially share hosting resellers.

• What is wrong with Resellers?

• @subigo said: Datashack can get you started with something for under $100/month.

OVH can even get you started for free!

Thanked by 1klikli
  • Step 11: You can sell your company and clients when you are tired of all these :( Sorry for your clients

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Dang I paid too much for WHMCS.

Also, #4 is a url ha

Thanked by 1klikli
  • Lol

• Darn shame summer is almost over, this guide really could have helped a lot of people.

• You forgot a few key details to succeeding. You must claim that you're the #1 provider, as well as claiming on your homepage: "Proudly powering 528,472 websites"

Using keywords like "premium server grade hardware" (i3 and single 2tb 7,200k drive) and other bold claims as "our support staff works 24/7/365" (but really your phone wakes you up when you get a ticket at 4AM).

Also, if GoDaddy's success is any indicator. Tits. They help sell your product.

Thanked by 3serverbear klikli Randy