Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

80k Budget PC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

80k Budget PC

iafoblogiafoblog Member
edited June 2015 in General

My Budget is 80k INR, Suggest me a best motherboard & SMPS

My IDEA

Benq xl2420z monitor

G.skill RAM 1600

intel i5 4440

Circle cc830

Ausu z97-A mother board (or) Z97 Gamer pro ? or any other

Corsair CX500 or CX650 which one is best?? or any other

GPU: Asus GTX750Ti ocgb

Comments

• comXyzcomXyz Member

80k USD?

• rds100rds100 Member

80k what? Zimbabwe dollars?

• NO...80k INR

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited June 2015

80k and your getting a crappy i5 and crappy z97 gamer? and a crappy corsair psu..

atleast get a good psu such as XTX XTR

• rds100rds100 Member

According to google

80000 Indian Rupee equals
    1252.143 US Dollar

That's not a bad budget.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

Only about 1200$ USD.. But, that's more than enough for an epic PC.

What are you wanting to do with the PC? Workstation / Gaming / ?

• @Dillybob Gaming

• definitely ditch those corsair psu idea's those things aint terrible reliable.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2015

TarZZ92 said: 80k and your getting a crappy i5 and crappy z97 gamer? and a crappy corsair psu..

atleast get a good psu such as XTX XTR

The Corsair PSU is not the best of the best, but is a good bang for the buck. The i5 is not a bad choice either and the Z97-A is a good motherboard too. Don't give advice if you don't have any idea about hardware at all.

@iafoblog what GPU are you planning to buy? Is the most important piece for gaming. About the PSU wattage, a CX500 should be enough, but you could probably go with a CX600 to have further room to upgrade. It also depends on how much power will your chosen GPU need.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Nyr said: The i5 is not a bad choice either and the Z97-A is a good motherboard too. Don't give advice if you don't have any idea about hardware at all

I know quit a lot and don't talk people down or I will do the same to you.. We can all be nasty so don't try that one.

the i5 is not worth it (£40 difference to the i7 for example)
    Z97-Gamer is a budget board (as is the Z97-A). still i would generally avoid asus products.
    Corsair PSU= Complete crap and higher than normal failure rates

TarZZ92 said: Z97-Gamer is a budget board

You lost me there.

• Nyr said: You lost me there.

look at it's price and general features it's plainly a budget board.

edited June 2015

TarZZ92 said: still i would generally avoid asus product

Oh please... are you serious? Been using this Asus Monitor for almost 4 years and doesn't have one dead pixel...
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236123

Proof:

That's unfair to put Asus down like that tbh.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • Dillybob said: Oh please... are you serious? Been using this Asus Monitor for almost 4 years and doesn't have one dead

we was talking about ASUS MBs as far as monitors are concerned benq would probably be a winner here, I am guessing you purchased that monitor purely because of it's asus badge? because it's no different than some of the Acer/LG offerings (which seem to be cheaper)

• Nyr said: @iafoblog what GPU are you planning to buy? Is the most important piece for gaming. About the PSU wattage, a CX500 should be enough, but you could probably go with a CX600 to have further room to upgrade. It also depends on how much power will your chosen GPU need.

GPU: Asus GTX750Ti ocgb

TarZZ92 said: look at it's price and general features it's plainly a budget board.

No, you are very wrong. Prices in my country (Spain) for LGA 1150 boards:

Budget: ASRock H81M-VG4 R2.0 = 39,20 EUR
    Mid to high end: ASUS Z97-Pro Gamer = 143,61 EUR

TarZZ92 said: as far as monitors are concerned benq would probably be a winner here

Hahaha.

TarZZ92 said: it's no different than some of the Acer/LG offerings

So you are now putting Acer and LG at the same level. So funny-

• Nyr said: Hahaha.

Lol, I laughed at that too, figured someone else would catch it :)

edited June 2015

iafoblog said: GPU: Asus GTX750Ti ocgb

Are hardware prices in India significantly more expensive than in Europe? Get a better card, one R9 280 at the very least.

• Nyr said: So you are now putting Acer and LG at the same level. So funny-

monitor wise. can you not read english?

• FalzoFalzo Member

IMHO motherboard and psu should not be the first concern, as they do nothing at all performance wise... been building pc's for years and have always been fine with budget components in this part.

do pick which features you really need with your mobo, like how many usb3 or pcie etc. - why pay for things you don't need at all? not more than $100 either way.

for sure I wouldn't recommend some unknown cheaperthancheapest psu, but again you wont need 5780 billion watt for a single low end gpu... not more than $100 either way.

try and do a good match regarding performance of cpu/gpu to avoid bottlenecks and choose one or more ssd's wisely as this are things that really do the job. i7 is not always worth it, if you have to pay $50 more on 10% performance-gain? probably not worth it.

• Nyr said: No, you are very wrong. Prices in my country (Spain) for LGA 1150 boards:

Budget: ASRock H81M-VG4 R2.0 = 39,20 EUR
    Mid to high end: ASUS Z97-Pro Gamer = 143,61 EUR

Still both budget prices.. (unless you are poor)

i would expect to pay £200+ for a good board. it's also worth noting even several reviews call the board budget which it clearly is.

• Dillybob said: Only about 1200$ USD

yep, 1200 USD isn't that much, unless it's for a WHT corporate membership in which case it's a sum of money that's going to COLLAPSE THE ENTIRE WEB HOSTING INDUSTRY amirite?

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • Falzo said: i7 is not always worth it, if you have to pay $50 more on 10% performance-gain? probably not worth it.

Don't forget H/T (which people round here often get confused with cores) and bigger cache

edited June 2015

testingtesting said: yep, 1200 USD isn't that much, unless it's for a WHT corporate membership in which case it's a sum of money that's going to COLLAPSE THE ENTIRE WEB HOSTING INDUSTRY amirite?

Worst analogy / comparison I've ever seen in my life. Buying a gaming PC can last you several years, especially nowadays. (even 4-5+). A corporate membership is providing $ to a fraudulent industry that has no BI or QA background checks and you are ultimately aiding and abetting a process that misleads thousands of visitors.

When buying the computer parts, you're supporting companies that will be our future, there is no future with WHT. Move along.

TarZZ92 said: Still both budget prices.. (unless you are poor)

I would say I'm very poor then, since my complete gaming box costs as much as your motherboard, literally.

Anyway, case in point: OP has a budget of $1200, including the monitor. Telling him to pay more than 300 USD for a motherboard is dumb.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Dillybob said: Worst analogy / comparison I've ever seen in my life. Buying a gaming PC can last you several years, especially nowadays. (even 4-5+). A corporate membership is providing $ to a fraudulent industry that has no BI or QA background checks and you are ultimately aiding and abetting a process that misleads thousands of visitors.

Yet you had Premium membership and WHT was aiding and abetting GVH :)

• jmckeag12 said: Yet you had Premium membership and WHT was aiding and abetting GVH :)

I'd rather burn in hell with Jonny and bear than buy a premium membership.

• Dillybob said: I'd rather burn in hell with Jonny and bear than buy a premium membership.

what exactly was the point of your WHT rant? no one is gonna listen

Nyr said: I would say I'm very poor then,

Thought so.

• TarZZ92 said: what exactly was the point of your WHT rant? no one is gonna listen

What exactly is your point of bashing Asus and making an over-generalization that no one believes?

• rds100rds100 Member

For me Asus is good. Better than Asrock or Gigabyte.

Thanked by 2Dillybob Nyr