Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clouvider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Clouvider

So earlier this month I needed a new VPS for one of my DNS servers. I havent been following LEB community for some months now so I started looking for a provider that could fill my needs for this task.

I stumbled upon an offer from Clouvider.co.uk on WHT but I'd never heard of this provider before so I sent them an email on a sunday asking few questions before I would buy from them. To my surprise they responded within minutes and we kept emailing all day until I had my questions answered.

I decided to sign up with their 1GB SSD VPS plan, the server has been performing very well and no issues whatsoever. The support response and quality is one of my best experiences if not the best yet since I started to use LEB 3 years ago.

Anyway, today I recived a package in the mail, which was odd because I didnt order anything hehe. Inside was a welcome letter, information sheet about their datacenter, my receipt for the services and a 8GB USB stick. A very pleasant surprise from the nice people at Clouvider. First time I receive something like this from a provider. :-)

Below is a picture of the package, thanks again everyone at Clouvider!

Comments

• cassacassa Member
    edited June 2015

@Clouvider Do all people get this? :P

Thanked by 2Clouvider lifehome
  • jhjh Member

It's a nice idea but I'm surprised they budget for it on the cheapo packages sold on this forum.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

Thank you very much for the kind words @emilv! Glad you enjoy the service. It's always a pleasure to know that the Customer is satisfied.

Emil is a kind of Custoner that's a treasure for every business. it's a pleasure working with him:)!

Edit (I was too slow).
    @cassa, @jhadley LET is among many sources of Customers for us, we always do our best to treat our Customers equally, no matter where are they coming from. :)

Thanked by 2cassa emilv
  • rds100rds100 Member

inb4 free pocket lamps :)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited June 2015

They totally didn't pay for the USB stick with the US$28.34 you pay every month for your whole 1GB RAM and 500GB bandwidth.

//EDIT: No wait, SSD is US$36.2

facepalms

Thanked by 1rm_
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

4n0nx said: US$28.34 you pay every month for your whole 1GB RAM and 500GB bandwidth.

For one of his DNS servers, no less.

Thanked by 14n0nx
    edited June 2015

@4n0nx said:
    They totally didn't pay for the USB stick with the US$28.34 you pay every month for your whole 1GB RAM and 500GB bandwidth.

//EDIT: No wait, SSD is US$36.2

facepalms

Oh, I wouldn't forget about those 55% off for life cloud discounts that we put here on LET and on WHT, among other forums. This actually reminded me that it's time to post a new offer thread here! Thanks @4n0nx!

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • wychwych Member
    edited June 2015

Its just bribery! ;)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    edited June 2015

rm_ said: For one of his DNS servers, no less.

I don't understand this judgements on other people. I don't think OP asked for opinion regarding his setup, did he ? :)

@wych Nah, that's after the order was placed, and wasn't promised before :-).

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Clouvider said: Oh, I wouldn't forget about those 55% off for life cloud discounts that we put here on LET and on WHT, among other forums.

Ah ok. I guess that's ok for 100% SLA..

• Brilliant idea, and very personal. Might be a bit awkward when a customer enters the white house as their 'address', haha. Well done @Clouvider.

Jono20201 said: Brilliant idea, and very personal.

Thanks!

Jono20201 said: Might be a bit awkward when a customer enters the white house as their 'address', haha.

That could be pretty interesting :-)

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited June 2015

I think it's a nice touch, as much as driving cost down is a good thing for the consumer, I work with loads of hosting packages and would forget most of them. Being a little different/memorable for 50p may well be worth it.

// added
    I am fairly environmentally conscious though, I'd certainly offer an opt-out of receiving any paper.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • I think that is a good gesture from a provider. They want to show, how much they really care and appreciate their customer

The reason people have some kind of "negative" comment is because it is a very rare occasions on LET. (The one I remember is Dr. Server free drink offer, a while ago.)

As much people, too long too focus on LE* price, sometimes they forget how big is the world outside LE*. There are a lot "Bigger company - non one person company and or summer hosting" who willing to do such thing and hassle just to show how much they value their customer. And that's how a company, operate. Not only, focus on profit, but also the customer. And with USD 7 or lower, you need to cut some corner.

That's how it is. There's a price, there's such quality.

Cmiiw. Just saying my own opinion.

Tl;dr. Well done @clouvider

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • trvztrvz Member
    edited June 2015

I wouldn't entrust a company with my servers who don't even care about their own website.

Thanked by 2J1021 GIANT_CRAB
  • erkinerkin Member

A very gentle approach from @clouvider .

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Fair play @clouvider

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • wychwych Member

Clouvider said: @wych Nah, that's after the order was placed, and wasn't promised before :-).

I kid, I kid...!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Great way for doing business, reminds customer of their friendliness and good service.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited June 2015

That's actually pretty cool.

Edit: while it does seem more expensive compared to some other providers, with their coupon code you can get a 512MB VPS with 100% uptime SLA and backups for £5/mo. That's pretty good, although I'd still rather go with someone like Ramnode (and no automated backups) because I'm a cheapo.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

wych said: I kid, I kid...!

I know ;-)

• And this is how I stopped seeing @Clouvider as yet another UK provider.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Great offer! I'm wondering how many customers would have got this package and the effort @Clouvider put in to send this.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Traffic said:
    And this is how I stopped seeing Clouvider as yet another UK provider.

Same. Loving your brand is important. If you don't, your customers won't either. Good to see that they do.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Grimley
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2015

That is certainly refreshingly different. It made me visit their site for the first time.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Still a stupid name though.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2015

@Nekki said:

I have to agree with that however it's a good demonstration of using marketing the right way to keep the customer and make them feel like a good decision has been made.

Whilst it's easy to say that getting snail mail is perhaps a pointless exercise in hosting it still makes you feel valued. They are not asking you to do anything with it, just welcome you.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • LeeLee Veteran

In fact I may just have a look for an offer and sign up for something and check it out. Not because I want a pack and free toy, but because they just made me notice them in a way most others have not.

I was going to be looking for another UK VPS for my Laravel projects next week so well timed.

• @Nekki said:

I always read it like "cloudiver" :P

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

Pay me 18 Pounds per month, and I will send some books to your mailbox ;)