Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ellipsis Node / Unmetered Bandwidth / Geolocalization / DDoS protection / IPv6 / Save up to 95%!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ellipsis Node / Unmetered Bandwidth / Geolocalization / DDoS protection / IPv6 / Save up to 95%!

... hosts unmanaged virtual private servers via OVH in Montreal. Here are some new offers for late June!

Bandwidth is either metered (burstable to 1Gbps) or unmetered (upgradeable to 100Mbps), your choice.

Sāmkhya  
1Mbps Unmetered or 1TB  
11GB HDD  
111MB RAM  
111MB VSwap  
$111 / year  
$11 / year (90% discount!)  

Logically proper name  
2Mbps Unmetered or 2TB  
22GB HDD  
222MB RAM  
222MB VSwap  
$222 / year  
$22 / year (90% discount!)  

Ethics  
3Mbps Unmetered or 3TB  
33GB HDD  
333MB RAM  
333MB VSwap  
$333 / year  
$33 / year (90% discount!)  

Dictum de omni et nullo  
4Mbps Unmetered or 4TB  
44GB HDD  
444MB RAM  
444MB VSwap  
$444 / year  
$44 / year (90% discount!)  

Atheism  
5Mbps Unmetered or 5TB  
55GB HDD  
555MB RAM  
555MB VSwap  
$555 / year  
$45 / year (92% discount!)  

Formal mode of speech  
6Mbps Unmetered or 6TB  
66GB HDD  
666MB RAM  
666MB VSwap  
$666 / year  
$46 / year (93% discount!)  

Identity of indiscernibles  
7Mbps Unmetered or 7TB  
77GB HDD  
777MB RAM  
777MB VSwap  
$777 / year  
$47 / year (94% discount!)  

Humanism  
8Mbps Unmetered or 8TB  
88GB HDD  
888MB RAM  
888MB VSwap  
$888 / year  

Dialectic  
9Mbps Unmetered or 9TB  
99GB HDD  
999MB RAM  
999MB VSwap  
$999 / year  
$99 / month  
$48 / year (95% discount!)  
$7 / month (93% discount!)

Specs? E5-1620 & E5-1650 servers with SATA RAID 1 HDD. OpenVZ virtualization. Each vps comes with 1 IPv4 address, SolusVM and lots of OS to choose from.

What do you mean by 'unmanaged'? I mean vps/containers aren't entered into without your consent and support isn't provided re: software errors/configuration/bugs/etc. At the same time there are multiple techs standing by and I'm often willing to attempt 'best effort' support.

DDoS protection? OVH's anti-DDoS mitigation.

Unmetered? No overage fees, but your vps will be suspended upon reaching its limit (9Mbps = ~3TB / month and so on).

9Mbps max? Upgrades are available for the following one-time fees:
10Mbps - $1
20Mbps - $2
30Mbps - $3
40Mbps - $4
50Mbps - $5
60Mbps - $6
70Mbps - $7
80Mbps - $8
90Mbps - $9
100Mbps - $10

Extra IPs? $9 / IPv4 / year or $1 / month. IPv6 = free.

Nightly backups? $1 / year.

Is X allowed? See the Terms.

Test IP? http://mtl.ellipsisno.de

Further inquiries? PM or [email protected]. Tailor-made plans (i.e. > 999MB RAM) and subscriptions are available via http://ellipsisno.de/build/. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

Very basic Website you have. Actually surprised how easy it was to navigate and find the packages.

Happy that people still have the simplicity mindset in today's day and age instead of going for a 'themeforest' shit theme. Good work.

• I can't imagine how anyone will pay the "regular" price for these. 1GB ram for $99 a month.. I can buy 5 dedicated boxes from delimiter.

• cassacassa Member

@TheOnlyDK that's probably because it is meant to only being sold with Offers

• @cassa said:
    TheOnlyDK that's probably because it is meant to only being sold with Offers

I didn't go on their site so I don't know what's on there. But if that site has the same info and people don't know about LET will need to pay regular price and that's total ripoff. IF their website has the same or similar plans at lower pricing then this ia not a deal at all. You can't raise the price by 300% then give a discount of 300% (don't judge my math, you understand my logics here), doesn't do anything.

• cassacassa Member

Why is that a rip off, the customers are just stupid then

• Such site. Such plans. Such GoVH

Thanked by 1HostNun
  • mikeimikei Member

@Dillybob said:
    Very basic Website you have. Actually surprised how easy it was to navigate and find the packages.

Happy that people still have the simplicity mindset in today's day and age instead of going for a 'themeforest' shit theme. Good work.

Still a lot of room for improvement, but the new standard has been set for the industry. Smart use of others' curiosity as well.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

mikei said: Still a lot of room for improvement, but the new standard has been set for the industry. Smart use of others' curiosity as well.

The only thing that pisses me the fuck off is how new hosts buy these 'theme' forest themes and change a couple links and then think it's okay. It's not okay, and a fucking disgrace to the hosting industry. Anything simple / unique is better than pre-paid templates. :D

Edit: Buying pre-made templates shows that you actually care less about your company.

• Yeah anyone considering purchasing I'd strongly recommend it. :O

Thanked by 1HostNun
  • mikeimikei Member

At least, it would be helpful for UX if after purchasing from Themeforest, they would go through style.css and remove 100% of animations )

• @TheOnlyDK there's no need for you to order a vps if you're not satisfied with the pricing. You're welcome to use this thread to link to better deals.

@Dillybob the site doesn't really matter to me. It's a slightly edited Indexhibit template. I don't see it as 'better' or 'worse' than any other either, it's an incidental venue through which vps can be acquired.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited June 2015

@HostNun Good luck with that. You should increase the base price even further to $9999 a month then give a 99.93% discount. That way you can give a bigger discount while getting the same amount of income. And you know bigger discount off the regular price should get you more customers (sarcasm).

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't this be considered as scam/fraud?

PS: I wouldn't buy your server even if it's 1cent a year just because the way you advertise. You have the freedom to name the pricibg of your service but you shouldn't make up any price just for the sake of having a bigger discount to attract customers. Choose a more realistic pricing, even overprice it by 5-10 bucks then discount it back on LET.

PPS: Your unmetered bandwidth isn't even unmetered, you suspended when a customer reach a threshold, that's not unmetered. You can limit the speed to prevent abuse, but cutoff is never the same as unmetered.

Thanked by 1lostinwoods
  • @TheOnlyDK thank you for your opinions and advice. Is there anything else? :)

• A bit expensive as for OVH and OpenVZ.

• @Anna_Parker said:
    A bit expensive as for OVH and OpenVZ.

Really? $12/yr for nightly backups and RAID with DDoS protections. Keep walking

Thanked by 1HostNun
  • @TheOnlyDK @cassa @Anna_Parker the true price fluctuates in relation to certain forum contexts. For example, the regular price will never be $999 on any other forum than LET. :)

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    HostNun Good luck with that. You should increase the base price even further to $9999 a month then give a 99.93% discount.

It's interesting you should say that as the price was $9999 for Ellipsis Node's first offer on LET last February, but the mods deleted the thread.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't this be considered as scam/fraud?

Yes, you are wrong.

PS: I wouldn't buy your server even if it's 1cent a year just because the way you advertise.

& I would never have you as a client!

PPS: Your unmetered bandwidth isn't even unmetered, you suspended when a customer reach a threshold, that's not unmetered. You can limit the speed to prevent abuse, but cutoff is never the same as unmetered.

It's unmetered. There's always a threshold with 'unmetered' offers. The only difference is I choose to suspend the account rather than charge overage fees when the threshold is hit.

• @HostNun said:

Okay. It was deleted for a reason.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited June 2015

Although I've never seen an unmetered account get suspended. I think it would probably be 'physically impossible' for suspension to occur unless the 'Network Speed' option in SolusVM were faulty / broken / circumvented / whatever.

In that sense it could be wrong to suggest suspension might occur at all, but it's mostly a way of conveying the absence of overage fees. Guess I'll consider removing the suggestion next time 'round.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

HostNun said: Unmetered? No overage fees, but your vps will be suspended upon reaching its limit (9Mbps = ~3TB / month and so on).

Can you fix this please, it is either unmetered or not.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited June 2015

@AnthonySmith the contradiction is built into the software:

If someone chooses 9Mbps, I enter 2958 into the bandwidth field (it throws an error if left empty) and set 'Suspend on Bandwidth Limit' to 'Yes' as a safeguard. In theory a suspension couldn't occur if the bandwidth threshold is >= XMbps converted to GB/month, but I was curious to see what would happen. (There have not been any suspensions).

Guess I'll toggle 'Suspend...' to 'No' and you can edit it to say this:

Unmetered? No overage fees. 9Mbps = ~2958GB / month and so on.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Fir enough.