Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aurimas Rapalis, the Owner of Hostinger was murdered on 30th of last month. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aurimas Rapalis, the Owner of Hostinger was murdered on 30th of last month.

Comments

• Do we have anyone from Lithuania here who could verify the traslation/news article? To me it seems a bit strange that the names of a victim and an offender are really similar. Maybe it is has to do something with conjugation in Lithuanian language, I dunno..

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited June 2015

@Nekki said:
    Who were you previously?

Jon Nuggets.

Got a good feeling about that assumption..

• bersybersy Member

heachhog said: Do we have anyone from Lithuania here who could verify the traslation/news article? To me it seems a bit strange that the names of a victim and an offender are really similar. Maybe it is has to do something with conjugation in Lithuanian language, I dunno..

@time4vps

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@TarZZ92 said:
    probably longer than you... but people need to learn to treat others with respect and not use a fear type system which you seem to endorse.

Guess I worded it wrong. It is not me people should be afraid of. There are other members who will enjoy taking the time to dig up everything about someone. Just for "fun" and those people that will lay everything else aside only to come after you. Those are the people you should be afraid of, because they have nothing to loose but you will loose everything.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

ATHK said: Got a good feeling about that assumption..

Seems too aggressive to me, plus I don't think he'd blow his cover like that.

• loose everything.

laxatives?

Thanked by 2Droidzone iKeyZ

@ricardo said:
    laxatives?

Whatever floats your boat. :)

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

They were at one point the #1 malware hoster AS[1].

That's true. However, I must say - how many free hosting companies do you guys know that have their own AS?

It was purely a relative number. They were not the destination for criminals.

They developed their own panels and systems (as @rahulks noted)

@KuJoe we both know you and them are not operating at the same level. They have tens of brands, some of which are paid and some of which free. Millions of clients to which they have the right to email - and for which they have paid virtually nothing (that's only from their "free resellers").

If you've never heard of them it's because they did NOT link all their brands together.

He created an empire from the scratch. Stop being jealous and show some respect.

• mikho said: . Those are the people you should be afraid of, because they have nothing to loose but you will loose everything.

i do realise some people waste their time like that yes. but that does not change what i said ^

• classyclassy Member
    edited June 2015

WOW, 000webhost has been around for a LONG LONG time and it's one of the better free webhosts out there. It actually has sentimental value to my youth..

But the owner is 17? ANd now he got murdered? Jesus christ, what a fucking slap in the face

EDIT: Well, hostinger == hosting24 then, right? I didn't actually check anything I read it in this thread

EDIT2: just saw the brands on hostinger.com - major wtf

Thanked by 2Mark_R Traffic

@TarZZ92 said:
    i do realise some people waste their time like that yes. but that does not change what i said ^

So you still consider me making threats? I take that as a compliment. :)
    It's good that you never met me in person as that is far from the truth. I don't need to make threats.

Thanked by 1mcharga3000
  • mikho said: So you still consider me making threats

not at all. i was simply stating the spread of fear is wrong. everyone has the same rights and rules here. (unless you are a cc employee/staff)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

It is not really the spread of fear though is it, it is asking someone to consider their behavior.

• erkinerkin Member

Lays in peace.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

mikho said: Especially when that person is not around to defend himself.

I don't believe that.

@perennate said:
    I don't believe that.

Nice of you to only quote half of what I said.

• luissousaluissousa Member
    edited June 2015

How come no one ever heard anything about this from Hostinger's websites or brands?
    They shall honor their founder/creator.

• If he's 17, how old was he when he founded Hostinger etc?

• Completely off-topic, @luissousa LowEndBoss?

Thanked by 1jar
  • vedranvedran Veteran

@alaningus said:
    If he's 17, how old was he when he founded Hostinger etc?

As someone pointed out, 000WebHost has been around for a long long time, so about 7?

I doubt he was the founder

• NekkiNekki Veteran

drazilox said: Completely off-topic, @luissousa LowEndBoss?

He's better than everyone else.

• heachhogheachhog Member
    edited June 2015

@alaningus said:

I think that it is the offender that is 17 years old, Aurimas Rapalis is 31. I would really like to have some clarification here, I spoke with Aurimas maybe 3 months ago.

Thanked by 1alaningus
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2015

@Traffic I'm not jealous in the least. #1 malware AS in the world? 90% of all Steam phishing sites? If I wanted to allow phishing, spamming, or other activity like that I would be sitting on piles of money right now. Heck, if I didn't manually screen and be extremely selective about my clients I would be making more money off free hosting than I do at SD.

You are right I don't know all of the brands but it doesn't change my opinion of them based on what I do know and I would never want to be like them or operate at that level if it required sacrificing my ethics and values.

• @alaningus said:

He was 9 years and 2 months old.If i am correct.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep
  • @KuJoe said
    False. There are responsible and competent free hosting providers out there (like myself).

Joe D your shared hosting is simply brilliant

• LeeLee Veteran

Dillybob said: I have an old account here that has several thousands of posts and I forgot the login details to it so this is my new one.

Have you managed to find this yet and let the Mods know? Kind of odd to forget about an account that has thousands of posts, that would indicate a significant amount of past involvement.

@Lee said:
    Have you managed to find this yet and let the Mods know? Kind of odd to forget about an account that has thousands of posts, that would indicate a significant amount of past involvement.

All lies. Thats my opinion since I've yet to see any proof.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

mikho said: All lies. Thats my opinion since I've yet to see any proof.

Not lying... The account is @Nexus

I even emailed you guys 9 months ago via technical support to see if I can get my login details back and you guys still never responded. @Lee likes to stir up as much trouble as me.

• Lee said: Kind of odd to forget about an account that has thousands of posts, that would indicate a significant amount of past involvement.

Or a significant amount of imagination.