Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

60% OFF Blowout SALE! @ Cloud At Cost .
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

60% OFF Blowout SALE! @ Cloud At Cost .

Just got this email 25 minutes ago .

`Cloud At Cost System Message:

06/19/2015 10:46 AM
Server Sale! ​60% off All Servers.
CloudAtCost is pleased to announce additional server capacity has been added to our infrastructure.

We are giving all customers 60% OFF today Only.

(Also note you can still migrate to CloudPRO for FREE)

QTY is limited.

Package: All Servers

Discount: 60% OFF ONETIME

Coupon: NOLAVI

Order Here: http://www.cloudatcost.com
`

Comments

• ehabehab Member

i didn't read good reviews about this provider.

• What locations are on offer?

• rahulksrahulks Member
    edited June 2015

ehab said: i didn't read good reviews about this provider.

I myself have one of their "Developer 1" VPS for 6 $ per year, and its good for that price , I am getting near 200 mbps uplink where only 100 mbps is promised on their website...

• overclockwise said: What locations are on offer?

Canada....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thanked by 1overclockwise
  • cassacassa Member

I'm not running really much on my CAC vps, but they are good for me :)

• they have these every week, nothing special

• The coupon code you entered was invalid.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Has a VPS over 6 months for now, no problem. Best price :) Not OVH

• toirdaprr said: The coupon code you entered was invalid.

it works fine here :)

• I've had their "Developer 3" instance for a couple of months. No doubt that this is a budget service so you need to set your expectations appropriately. A few things that I'd say after a couple of months:

• The box is slow. Take a look at the IO line below.
    • The network is slow, but stable. See the network speeds below

That being said I've experienced no downtime that wasn't my own fault and have successfully used this box as a PBX server routing several hours of VOIP calls through the box. I've had no issues, no significant packet loss and no dropped calls.

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5520 @ 2.27GHz

Number of cores : 1

CPU frequency : 2266.747 MHz

Total amount of ram : 490 MB

Total amount of swap : 953 MB

System uptime : 13 days, 15:02,

Download speed from CacheFly: 7.35MB/s

Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 1.43MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 2.42MB/s

Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.92MB/s

Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 227KB/s

Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 3.87MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 957KB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 1.93MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 1.82MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 14.1MB/s

I/O speed : 26.7 MB/s

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2015

Lol are people really treating DowntimeAtCost as legit here now or am I losing my mind? I guess it is a good way to simulate poor performance and downtime in your infrastructure ;)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

Jar said: Jar

Everything worth money, $5 yearly for 512 KVM not asking for sky rocket :)

Canadian net already very slow, OVH ping 250 Ms from Montreal to Ottawa :)

• @Jar said:
    Lol are people really treating DowntimeAtCost as legit here now or am I losing my mind? I guess it is a good way to simulate poor performance and downtime in your infrastructure ;)

You could sell LET users sand in a desert if you gave them a 60% off coupon

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited June 2015

They have these every week, nothing special. Wait for 99% off.

• cassacassa Member

@Jar said:

For the price it's okay, I paid 14 dollars for it like 2 years ago. I don't say it is really good, it's just okay. I'm wondering for how long this will stay online though.

• Which control panel you use?

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

cassa said: I'm wondering for how long this will stay online though.

That's why I don't order.

Technically, as each month goes by up to the ∞th month, the price paid per month would approach 0.

Not viable :)

Thanked by 1cassa
  • TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited June 2015

DC: Kitchener, ON, Canada

Panel: PanelAtCost (their own panel, ugly but works)

Virtualization technology: VMware (that's what everyone says and what shows up at boot via VNC

Windows Avail: YES, trial win 2008/2012, and (probably hacked) win 7

Network: highest I've seen was 900+Mbps down and 300+Mbps up. YMMV

Disk IO: Standard is 20MB/s, their support claims at 60MB/s, but noone can hit that. And yes this is SSD (according to SupportAtCost).

Hope this helps people who wants to pay a little for a piece of "cloud"(AtACost).

My personal experience, had their services since 1.5years, lots of issues here and there but overall for the price it's pretty good. It IS slow, it goes down almost every month at the beginning of the month, but for a couple of bucks per lifetime (ofcoz until they run out of money) it's a nobrainer. And yea 60% off every week, nothing special.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

TheOnlyDK said: Disk IO: Standard is 20MB/s, their support claims at 60MB/s, but noone can hit that. And yes this is SSD (according to SupportAtCost).

I guess they mean SSD=SuperSlowDisks?

Well for testing I guess it's nice, but for the same price or cheaper you can get a more reliable and better service at XVMLabs and with the same guarantees.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited June 2015

@Traffic said:
    Well for testing I guess it's nice, but for the same price or cheaper you can get a more reliable and better service at XVMLabs and with the same guarantees.

If you can get XVMLabs it's hundreds times better than this. This is probably the best for people who are new to unmanaged VPS to play around with or developers who want to experience different things (like stress testing since it's VMware + their support won't have time to care). Normal case it's an idle server, best case a development server, definitely not a production server (someone has to pay me even to consider using it as a production server).

For you Minecraft people, they have an image that's CentOS with Minecraft loaded. Buy this server for your kids XD

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

TheOnlyDK said: If you can get XVMLabs it's hundreds times better than this.

XVMLabs offer Canada located VPS outside OVH? :D Guess their OVZ cannot be compared with KVM or VMware

• @fitvpn said:

Question(s): Would you rather a OVZ that's fast and usable? Or a VMware that's slow and goes down often (like once a month)? And would the location matter if it's not usable?

Like I said go for the one that fits your need, many people will be fine with CloudAtCost, but not everyone.

Thanked by 1lostinwoods
  • elgselgs Member

Panel: PanelAtCost (their own panel, ugly but works)

I actually like their control panel, simple and elegant.

• elgselgs Member
    edited June 2015

I have 5 life time servers. The disk and network are pretty slow, but still work consistently. They have FreeBSD. Their servers may not be good for performance demanding production servers, but I think they are great for me to be replication backup servers. Also don't count on their support. Their support are generally slow and not helpful.