Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zone SG reopened on Ikoula Public Cloud.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Zone SG reopened on Ikoula Public Cloud.

IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
edited June 2015 in Providers

Hello guys,

A short message to inform Ikoula customers i missed by pm interested in deploying a vm in singapore, zone is reopened.

Network team is working on a looking glass i'll give you more details soon.

I will answer any question here or by pm.

Have a nice day

Comments

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

Hello.

You are using Singtel right?

Thanks!

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2015

Hello, i write that down and tell you in the evening.

• ziditzidit Member
    edited June 2015

Is centos 5.x or custom iso available?

Nope (centos 7) but the ui allows to upload any iso as soon as it is available on a url.

• ziditzidit Member

@Ikoula said:
    Nope (centos 7) but the ui allows to upload any iso as soon as it is available on a url.

That's mean iso uploading isn't possible until you add this feature. And when?

• wychwych Member

@zidit just use a public hosted ISO link.

@zidit wych is right just use a mirror.

@deployvm yup we are using singtel.

Thanked by 1wych
  • smile93smile93 Member
    edited June 2015

This is great, I will spin an instance in SG to test.

@Ikoula too bad, they have already de-activated my last account. That account still have credit balance..

Mail sent, hopefully they will reactivate that account before SG is running out again.

• tommytommy Member

but remember only 10 mbps :)

• roykemroykem Member

Would love to see it 'tho. ;)

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited June 2015

Nice i might give the SG one a try if its up.

edited June 2015

@smile93 if sales takes too much time to respond leave me a pm with customer account ID i will do what i can.

@masterqqq please do so and ask me if you have any question.

Hello,

The coupon code CP50CCP2015 has been reactivated until 31th of august.

This code allows you to spend 50€ in Ikoula public cloud.

Enjoy !

• @Ikoula after separate mails to support, sales, then support, my account is finally activated.

I have tested the SG location, find out the default network is on 10 Mbps, any upgrade on that network will cost a lot of monthly fixed fees. Most of the other providers, give better speed but charge according the actual bandwidth transfer.

After find out this, I have requested to terminate my account since it is still hard to replace my current providers, DO and Linode.

Other than that, your support and sales are not interconnected. You have to mail to different channel to get reply. They will not internal route your ticket but just rejected it. This is greatly reduce the problem solving time. This is partially my laziness to check their website to get the correct mail. Usually, I just reply the related mail to get help but their from mail address may not be useful.

Good luck on your cloud business.

• ziditzidit Member

Can i have looking glass/test ip for singapore?

• roykemroykem Member

@smile93 said:
    Ikoula after separate mails to support, sales, then support, my account is finally activated.

Lucky you, mine never been activated.. so i guess i better skip their SG from my wishlist.

Good luck.

• @Ikoula said:
    Hello,

The coupon code CP50CCP2015 has been reactivated until 31th of august.

This code allows you to spend 50€ in Ikoula public cloud.

Enjoy !

How do i avail this? I just registered an account using that code and it shows 0€ balance

Hello,

@zidit yep it is up http://lg.sg.ikoula.com/

@roykem we dealt this by pm.

@upfreak if you used the code during the order it is enabled but unfortunately you can't see it until first bill (it is applied on the bill when it is generated) send me a pm with account ID if you want me to double check.

Thanked by 1upfreak
    edited June 2015

Hello,

The question concerning network speed has made me think about it.

So i wanted to add something that might not be clear in our offer.

If you want to switch speed from 10 to 100 you can do it without having to pay 100 mbits for a all month !

You can roll back to 10 mbits anytime and thanks to API you can script this.

I'll be happy to answer any question.