Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another good offer from Uncle Sal! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another good offer from Uncle Sal!

2»

Comments

• yea shitty windows7. i was on my bro pc

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Please more traceroutes :) tracert in windows.
    M

• @prometeus I don't get it, you are RIPE LIR - why the hell are you running off PI space then O_o

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I dont think he meant PI when was saying toilet paper :P
    M

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@William said: I don't get it, you are RIPE LIR - why the hell are you running off PI space then O_o

We were using PI before becoming lir, renumbering was not an option, so why not? :)

• Because it is not allowed to use more than 4 IPs per VPS then, but you did still offer it ;)

• Why is it not allowed to use more than 4 IP's on a VPS?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2012

@William said: Because it is not allowed to use more than 4 IPs per VPS then, but you did still offer it ;)

Since when are only hosts allowed to justify IPs usage? :)

• @emilv said: Why is it not allowed to use more than 4 IP's on a VPS?

RIPE says you cannot give more than 4 IPs out of a Assigned PI range to a customer - This is in the RIPE docs.

@Spirit said: Since when are only hosts allowed to justify IPs usage? :)

That's not host specific, that is RIPE :)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2012

@William said: That's not host specific, that is RIPE :)

So client can't justify more IPs usage? Last time (and I admit that it was some time ago) I got form from host to fill for RIPE justificiation.

@William said: RIPE says you cannot give more than 4 IPs out of a Assigned PI range to a customer

VPS customer or end user? (this is not necessary the same as vps customer can resell services from VPS to more clients).

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited August 2012

Only LIRs can accept your RIPE forms. Holders of PI space (i.e. end users in RIPE's terminology) cannot reassign their address space to other end users. But in reality - nobody cares. @William is just trolling :)

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2012

@rds100 said: @William is just trolling :)

I know :)
    Thank you for rest of explanation.

• Do you always go by the book? :D

@William said: Because it is not allowed to use more than 4 IPs per VPS then, but you did still offer it ;)

And were we are offering more than 4 IP out of PI space?

Thanked by 1DeletedUser

@Jack said: Aren't you housing some of Williams Gear for him?

Not as Prometeus :)

• @Jack said: Aren't you housing some of Williams Gear for him?

That does not matter as we use our own IP space.

@prometeus said: And were we are offering more than 4 IP out of PI space?

Hm, i could swear your slider always allowed to select 4+ IPs at VPS orders :/

• @Jack said: Still he is posting stuff that I would class as bad mouthing you in a way..

No, as said in my initial post i WONDERED why they use PI and not PA for VPS, because they are RIPE LIR and it would/is cheaper to use PA (and easier).

@William said: Hm, i could swear your slider always allowed to select 4+ IPs at VPS orders :/

I'm sure to never had more than 4 ip selectable, unless there was some mistake in setting the addons.

The few requests of additional IP addresses we received were approved directly by a RIPE IP analyst since they arrived before we had any assignment windows....

The PI space is used mostly for our own infrastructure and a few nodes, the rest is out of our first PA...

;)