Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a VPS sponsorship for a Christian School - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a VPS sponsorship for a Christian School

2»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2012

People who don't know how to compress photos shouldn't be putting them on websites, at least not without the web application being capable of compressing them itself. Lack of knowledge from the content provider is no excuse for a broken website to the viewer.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • tkpstkps Member

@jhadley..... Sir the hosts which were online I just talked through live chat, the ones who were offline I mailed and few chat operators asked me to mail so I mailed them.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited August 2012

@tkps said: Sir Its on wordpress

As far as i'm aware WP Super Cache compresses photos automatically, you should look into that.

• tkpstkps Member

Dear friends

Please don't take it personally, if you can help please send me a PM otherwise just ignore this post and as @jhadley said .... its different for different people some can afford $1000 and some can't even afford $1.

Thanks and sorry if I made you guys angry I didn't mean to do so...also sorry if you feel I am asking for too much.

• tkpstkps Member

@gsrdgrdghd

Thanks for the information, I will use that for compression from here on.
    Just one question sir...will it compress while the uploading process itself ? Or first the original file will upload then it will compress....if this is the case then it will be difficult for us to handle as we'll have to delete the original files manually then.

• LESLES Member

Get a free shared host and Google for a bulk picture converter!

• How about you offload the images to somewhere like imgur.com? They allow hotlinking, and would load up just fine.

The audio file? Just upload it to dropbox in the public folder. You're allowed roughly 100GB of bandwidth through that per month (don't quote me on that though) and so should do just fine.

Then, just find a cheap/free web host, point the domain to that, and hey presto.

Not the most elegant of setups, but hey, it'd work!

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited August 2012

there are many ways to host a church website online for free.
    Google apps gives you free hosting with sites, premium for free for charitable orgs
    Appfog gives you a decent cloud (2GB RAM and 2GB space) for running any custom apps and even wordpress. Storage can be used with dropbox/ box as public files
    amazon gives free ec2 for a year to base yourself
    apart from all this, we have many websites like this who are ready to host a church website for free

So have you thought of similar things before you decided for a free vps?

Thanked by 1marrco
  • @tkps said: people won't know to compress photos which will come from the camera directly

Use a wordpress plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-smushit/) and all is set already

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • tkpstkps Member

I think I have got someone who is willing to help and sponsor us, so thanks everyone.
    And I really appreciate all your help

• FluXFluX Member

In NA and Europe churches and christian schools are very wealthy organizations... that's why most people in this thread are hesitant to give assistance. In my area alone a church has purchased a full ad load for the public transit in the area.

Those initial requirements seem high for what a school needs. You are reluctant to provide your information, so even more to be suspicious about. How does posting a little info publicly, jeopardize your request?

A shared hosting provider would do better for you.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • I have absolutely nothing constructive to add to this thread, but I'd like to say that Right Reverend Doctor Bishop is one of the most bitchin' titles I've ever seen. Typed out like that it's only one character shorter than his equally rad four-name name.

I think if I could just get one more name, people would take me more seriously.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I will gladly sponsor the website adn exchanged a dozen of PMs with the OP. I will however activate it after I get a confirmation from the landline of the school he is working for.

Thanked by 2jcaleb Asim
  • You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

• @tkps said: Yes dear sir, actually the money we are having is used for charitable purpose which is collected through school and Church.

My original comment was not meant to be nice. You wish to reserve money on hand for charitable functions, but your website will be a driving factor at raising future donations, and is such a small fee, the effort you exert trying to receive this as a donation could have been spent doing charitable work instead. So you've just wasted needlessly more funds than you are trying to save.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • tkpstkps Member

As I told you, I am a student of that school and I am doing my bit.

• tkpstkps Member

Our Manager Rev Father Anthony Solomon and Principal Sister Rosilin are taking care of the charitable work.I did my work of handling the website and

I really thank Alex_LiquidHost and Damian as they offered the sponsorship. Just verification is left now :)

As of now Alex_LiquidHost has sponsored us the VPS so thanks a lot sir and I really appreciate your generosity.

• If you think your thread has run its course you might want to ask the mods to close it. Otherwise, you know, LowEndAtheistBaiting.

• tkpstkps Member

yes, Dear Mods, please close this thread.
    I don't know how to request to close the thread :)

• @Soylent said: LowEndAtheistBaiting

no, i prefer to use LowEndInvestigation..

• TazTaz Member

Stop using Dear. Please for Gods sake.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Stop using Dear. Please for Gods sake.

Dear Sir please Sir, don't fun make me sir..

Either way, thread closed upon request.

Thanked by 2klikli Asim
This discussion has been closed.