Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr Dedicated Cloud - Now with DDoS Protection, 10 Gb/s for Free
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr Dedicated Cloud - Now with DDoS Protection, 10 Gb/s for Free

Hi LET,

I saw that Vultr updated their product page for their Dedicated Cloud with:

Free DDOS Protection
We know how important it is for your instances to stay online even when a malicious attack is aimed at your server. We now include 10Gbps protection from attacks on all VDC instances, free of charge. Our DDOS protection actively monitors incoming traffic for anomalies and automatically blocks a wide range of attacks so that you can continue business as usual. Protection from larger attacks (10Gbps+) will be available soon for a nominal hourly fee.

There's also an entry in their documentation area on the topic, answering a few questions.

As a reminder: their VDC announcement. (Although you might have problems ordering, it apparently has been a too successful launch for them.)

I have migrated a few critical services to VDC since its launch, this new protection is a very nice supplement. It's nice to see Vultr improving their services even more such rapidly.

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB

Comments

• Wow, that's a really bang for buck considering it's free 10gbps DDoS protection!

• All I can say is lol..

See the problem?

• @AutoSnipe - Available/avilablae ?

• tommytommy Member

AutoSnipe said: See the problem?

except typo, no.

Interested in protecting against even larger attacks than 10Gbps?
    We will be releasing protection for up to 100Gbps avilablae as an add on subscription to your VDC

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

10 gbps are fairly often these days, however, the vast majority is still below that, but one thing is missing, how much pps?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Maounique said:
    10 gbps are fairly often these days, however, the vast majority is still below that, but one thing is missing, how much pps?

It's probably the same protection I have from this deal: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1474009

• trvztrvz Member

10 Gbps is also sold at Choopa/Constant as: 10 Gbps / 2000k PPS Protection (+$349.99)

• J1021J1021 Member

AutoSnipe said: All I can say is lol..

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

See the problem?

Are you kidding? Have you seen your own emails?

Words randomly start with capitalise letters for no apparent reason. (Random words, capital letters used after a comma)

Unfortunately I only retain emails for a month, otherwise I'd be able to recall more of your blunders I've had laughs out of.

• @anthonysmith will you move LES (JP?) to a dedicated cloud (and therefore it will include ddos protection)?

• edited June 2015

@kcaj said:
    Unfortunately I only retain emails for a month, otherwise I'd be able to recall more of your blunders I've had laughs out of.

What a ***** . Openly posting IPs then complains its down. No wonder its ddossed

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited June 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    What a **** . Openly posting IPs then complains its down. No wonder its ddossed

Why the customer should worry about IPs being DDoSed when it's provider duty to take care. Do you still work for Evoburst ?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

hostnoob said: @anthonysmith will you move LES (JP?) to a dedicated cloud (and therefore it will include ddos protection)?

I don't think people would appreciate being moved from Japan to New Jersey which is the only dedicated location and will probably stay that way for a while.

:)

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited June 2015

alexvolk said: Why the customer should worry about IPs being DDoSed when it's provider duty to take care. Do you still work for Evoburst ?

Case of security by obscurity? God forbid the IP should be leaked onto the internet. The thought of somebody using it for a forward facing website or IRC bouncer will have them in tears.

EDIT: For the record, I no longer use NanoVZ services. The appalling disk I/O was often the cause of downtime, not null routes.

• Oops didn't notice it was NJ only

• @alexvolk said:

No I don't but its pretty disrespectful to other users.