Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TrentaHost Support - Abysmal - Stay Away
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TrentaHost Support - Abysmal - Stay Away

Joshua80Joshua80 Member
edited June 2015 in Reviews

Hi all,

I am going to be reviewing a few hosting companies that I have used previously, currently and any that I use in the future. I have a lot of different services with a number of different web hosting companies.

I don't believe TrentaHost actively advertise their services on LET due to the prices of their VPS services but I used them around a year ago and their DDoS Protection was decent and had affordable shared packages. Their support was never good, but I used to get a reply once every 4-8 hours, which was manageable for me at the time.

Bearing in mind, on their website, it states that they have 24/7 support:
http://i.imgur.com/SDHQRh9.png

The following occurred during the start of may:
http://i.imgur.com/slxBCAP.png

I admit to being slightly rude at times by saying "hurry up!" etc but I'm sure you understand my frustration of not having any support, then when I do finally receive it, it's a no, when they have previously whitelisted for me in the past. Regardless of whether or not they whitelist IPs, waiting excessive times for support when it is advertised as 24/7 is unacceptable. At least they refunded me quickly after they first responded, without arguments. Then again, they can't exactly argue it.

This host is clearly run from a bedroom and checked up on once in a blue moon. I strongly suggest staying away from them.

Thanked by 1NexHost

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited June 2015

How'd ya know that they ran it in a bedroom?
    It could've been something prettier... for example:

• KupolKupol Member

They advertise 24/7 support, but there is no SLA on the support. So I don't understand why you cry for getting your answer later.

• @Kupol said:
    They advertise 24/7 support, but there is no SLA on the support. So I don't understand why you cry for getting your answer later.

Regardless, it's not 24/7 support.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Kupol said:

Then what exactly do you believe "24/7 support" means?

• edited June 2015

@joepie91 said:
    Then what exactly do you believe "24/7 support" means?

Unless they were reading his support ticket for 24 hours a day for 4 days before making a reply, he has a point. Regardless of what support they say they offer, I think anyone would be pissed off with 3-4 day replies or whatever it was.

• @W3HostingServices said:I think anyone would be pissed off with 3-4 day replies or whatever it was.

Did you even read the post??? It was clearly stated 4-8 hours...not 3 - 4 days lol

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited June 2015

A Company that cannot manage any of their own servers. and relies on third party companies to manage their stuff. Leaving clients stuff down for days without a response and massively overcharging people.

They also fabricate stats to make their company look better.

Based on my own experience.

Thanked by 1Joshua80
  • @OnraHost said:
    Did you even read the post??? It was clearly stated 4-8 hours...not 3 - 4 days lol

Did you read the post? It "used" to be 4-8 hours, he submitted a ticket on the 6th and didn't get a reply until the 10th.

• @Umcookies said:
    Did you read the post? It "used" to be 4-8 hours, he submitted a ticket on the 6th and didn't get a reply until the 10th.

He showed us one ticket that took that long. That doesn't necessarily reflect all tickets...though I am not saying it's any excuse. I'm just saying it was one that was shown...could be a fluke?? probably not, but neither of us have a full background on the entire matter to judge entirely .

• jmckeag12 said: They also fabricate stats to make their company look better.

Care to back up that claim?

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited June 2015

@Traffic said:

There is a thread on WHT where they claim to have 50 + servers I don't believe this. Since I have people who constantly tell me otherwise and they have less then 3 cPanel Servers I believe this to be 1. I'll dig it up for you.

Example 1: http://webhostingtalk.helloresource.com/showthread.php?t=1296900&p=8810835#post8810835

• @OnraHost said:
    He showed us one ticket that took that long. That doesn't necessarily reflect all tickets...though I am not saying it's any excuse. I'm just saying it was one that was shown...could be a fluke?? probably not, but neither of us have a full background on the entire matter to judge entirely .

It certainly doesn't, in fact he got a reply to his refund request immediately. However this was the ticket that finally pushed him over the edge with his service. Which is the issue at hand, hence why I spoke up when you called someone out for pointing the response time out.

@OP you'll find unless they broke a SLA regarding support then people won't be entirely sympathetic. However I wont argue that response time sucked.

Thanked by 1Joshua80
  • I have also used them previously, the support times were always around 12 hours for me, some cases longer. They only have one dedicated cPanel server. 50 servers is absolute codswallop.

Thanked by 1Joshua80
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@W3HostingServices said:
    codswallop.

Excellent.

Thanked by 1W3HostingServices