Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free cpanel + 1.5GB ram vps = ~$7.5/m !BuyerBeware
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free cpanel + 1.5GB ram vps = ~$7.5/m !BuyerBeware

upfreakupfreak Member
edited August 2012 in Providers

Hi, i came across this offer from 9xhost in WHT
The interesting thing is they offer free cpanel for some plans with unlimited free ssl along with discounts

CPU : Equal Share
GUARANTEED RAM: 1586 MB
Disk Space: 110GB (RAID 1)
Bandwidth: 4000GB/MONTH
IP Addresses: 1 (IPv4)
Free cPanel.
Free Unlimited SSL >> looks like comodo positive SSL

Price = $14.99 / Month (20 % Off Using Code 20VHT, or code 50VHT for 50% recurring off if paid semi-annually)

after semi annual discount it comes to $7.5 with free cpanel and unlimited ssl.

Too good to be true. anyone has any idea about this host? benchmarks/ stories are welcome

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

From his time on WHT thus far I am not under the assumption that it is a scam, but quite possibly an oversight, or more likely a bad business plan. I suppose the possibility of an intentional loss for a limited promotion is also possible.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Stay away from them, he was openly advertising warez and other types of hosting. Had a bunch of his servers termianted a week or so ago for abuse (I think thye were with Securedservers) and other interesting things. Just look through WHT and you might fidn them.

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited August 2012

Update : I assume from their reply to their previous offer at wht, free cpanel is limited for those don't use a discount code. i might be wrong. if anyone wanna try confirm before paying.

• Can't even cover the cost of the cpanel licence at the discounted prices. That's beyond a bad business plan.

• fanfan Veteran

.info? For cPanel I saw infinitie.net offered similar deals which lasts quite a while.

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited August 2012

@fan said: infinitie.net offered similar deals

They offer a 14.95 deal with cpanel, but with 50% discount on it? link please. i am interested if it is infinitie

CPanel Special:

Xpression R7

1GB Guaranteed DDR3 ECC Memory 
    1.5GB Burstable DDR3 ECC Memory
    100GB Raid 10 Storage Space
    100Mbit Unmetered Bandwidth (approx 33TB)
    1 CPU Core
    8 IPv4 Addresses !!!!!!
    8 IPv6 Addresses
    Includes FREE Cpanel and Softaculous !!!!
    FREE Instant Setup
    Only $14.95/Mo for life

• gianggiang Veteran

$14.95 with cPanel, no discount :D

• fanfan Veteran

They offer a 14.95 deal with cpanel, but with 50% discount on it? link please. i am interested if it is infinitie

I agree with @Kenshin that 9xhost's dea;'s too good to be true.

• Do we need cpanel? :o

• @budingyun said: Do we need cpanel? :o

Some of us still needed it :D

• @budingyun said: Do we need cpanel? :o

Some of our corporate applications, extensively use cpanel/whm api to manage privileges and automation. Its either cumbersome to push manual tweak via system administrators or keep writing own scripts ( and the onus of maintainence and upgrading them )

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: Some of us still needed it :D

I also want for easier management but it's not worth of money for personal use. :p

@peppr said: Some of our corporate applications, extensively use cpanel/whm api to manage privileges and automation. Its either cumbersome to push manual tweak via system administrators or keep writing own scripts ( and the onus of maintainence and upgrading them )

For serious purpose, should find serious provider. This one sound fishy. :D

• TazTaz Member

9xhost is a known scammer. He has done same before, I forgot which thread was it, but it was posted on wht.

• AshAsh Member

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: I forgot which thread was it, but it was posted on wht.

This one perhaps? http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1154819

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • TazTaz Member

Ahh yes, the good old firsthosting scam.