Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Apps Free - Account Closed - Lost Chromebook Storage offer - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Apps Free - Account Closed - Lost Chromebook Storage offer

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

YellowHummingbird said: Time to move to the awesome MXRoute, I guess :)

Would be thrilled to have you :)

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • @Jar said:
    Would be thrilled to have you :)

And I'd be thrilled to join :) Is it OK if I PM you a few questions?

YellowHummingbird said: Is it OK if I PM you a few questions?

Absolutely :)

• ATHKATHK Member

@comXyz said:
    Not sure what is happening, but YellowHummingbird said his friend deleted the Google Apps account, before I and another Google supporter can be able to help.

Let's wait for another victim, then we will know what is happening.

I was hit with that email yesterday.. Sad :(

• al3xtal3xt Member

@ATHK said:
    I was hit with that email yesterday.. Sad :(

please PM comxyz, he might be able to help you. Seems like google are really going hard on these accounts.

• TheKillerTheKiller Member
    edited June 2015

I don't think every account will be closed. They will be closing accounts which had/has same recovery email in all domains he owns or which has complains etc. Just saying!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • gianggiang Veteran

TheKiller said: I don't think every account will be closed. They will be closing accounts which had/has same recovery email in all domains he owns or which has complains etc. Just saying!

That is really sad if it's true. I got my email on recovery email of many domains, I'm an IT guy. I registered Google Apps free for me, family, friends, company domains... Does Google restrict one person per Google Apps account?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

al3xt said: please PM comxyz, he might be able to help you. Seems like google are really going hard on these accounts.

No, he will not. He was breaking their ToS and they got him, end of the game.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I'm looking to get some mailboxes off Google Apps after reading this thread. Anybody have any experience with MXRoute? Their website says 99% uptime guarantee (kinda low for my needs but possibly workable) but their uptime monitor shows 89% uptime for the past 7 days. Is this what I can expect or is this a one off thing? Anybody using them that can provide some information? Thanks.

• DroidDroid Member

KuJoe said: I'm looking to get some mailboxes off Google Apps after reading this thread. Anybody have any experience with MXRoute? Their website says 99% uptime guarantee (kinda low for my needs but possibly workable) but their uptime monitor shows 89% uptime for the past 7 days. Is this what I can expect or is this a one off thing? Anybody using them that can provide some information? Thanks.

Must be one off. Been with MXroute for a while, and although it's been a bit rocky here and there, it's been for the most part excellent.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@xClone84 said:
    Must be one off. Been with MXroute for a while, and although it's been a bit rocky here and there, it's been for the most part excellent.

Can you elaborate on "a bit rocky"?

• gianggiang Veteran

KuJoe said: I'm looking to get some mailboxes off Google Apps after reading this thread. Anybody have any experience with MXRoute? Their website says 99% uptime guarantee (kinda low for my needs but possibly workable) but their uptime monitor shows 89% uptime for the past 7 days. Is this what I can expect or is this a one off thing? Anybody using them that can provide some information? Thanks.

Did you try Yandex or Mail.ru? They are big players too. And they are FREE.

• DroidDroid Member

KuJoe said: Can you elaborate on "a bit rocky"?

A few times it's been down for 10 - 20 minutes or when Jar had to migrate MX1 to BuyVM, but nothing that can't be handled.

edited June 2015

@KuJoe said:
    I'm looking to get some mailboxes off Google Apps after reading this thread. Anybody have any experience with MXRoute? Their website says 99% uptime guarantee (kinda low for my needs but possibly workable) but their uptime monitor shows 89% uptime for the past 7 days. Is this what I can expect or is this a one off thing? Anybody using them that can provide some information? Thanks.

98% uptime in the last 7 days on MX1 due to the root.lu outage, but new accounts are provisioned on another server that I haven't added to that page. It's been 100% uptime on the Ghost server, I should add that so people can see it reflected there. The Ghost server also has a backup relay in testing phase.

I had problems with DDOS that sent me to OVH, which happened again and they didn't protect it, which sent me to BuyVM. So far it's been great there, but I'm no longer provisioning as many accounts to a server so that I can easily spin up a new one in a pinch within a reasonable time frame. I don't expect to have to though, not anymore. Definitely some rocky points for people who experienced those events though.

• CoreyCorey Member

I am running my own mail server now due to google wanting to charge me $5/mo for google apps just because I'm not using an @gmail.com domain. It wasn't really hard to setup. It definitely didn't take me 100 hours. 10 hours tops with an SSL configuration.

I then moved my business email away from yandex at the same time because they won't let you create abuse@ email addresses.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited June 2015

@Corey said:
    I am running my own mail server now due to google wanting to charge me $5/mo for google apps just because I'm not using an gmail.com domain. It wasn't really hard to setup. It definitely didn't take me 100 hours. 10 hours tops with an SSL configuration.

I suppose you also have filters and forwarding set up, and use a central spam database. Configuring one of the popular open source mail setups doesn't take time. If you want to tinker with it, to add functionality that you hitherto took for granted, it does.

I suppose it all depends on one's requirements. I'm all for bashing the big corporate, and DIY, but none of the available tools has anywhere near the powerful fine grained control that Gapps has developed over the years..auto categorization of messages, sub categories, advanced filters, advanced user access control, integration with office apps..

Just for the sake of curiosity, which's your favorite poison?

• CoreyCorey Member

Droidzone said: I suppose you also have filters and forwarding set up, and use a central spam database. Configuring one of the popular open source mail setups doesn't take time. If you want to tinker with it, to add functionality that you hitherto took for granted, it does.

I suppose it all depends on one's requirements. I'm all for bashing the big corporate, and DIY, but none of the available tools has anywhere near the powerful fine grained control that Gapps has developed over the years..auto categorization of messages, sub categories, advanced filters, advanced user access control, integration with office apps..

Just for the sake of curiosity, which's your favorite poison?

I actually don't get any spam so I've found no need to use a central spam database. If I start getting spam I'll set that up.

I'm using mozilla thunderbird as my client and it has filters and whatnot if I want to use them. I have all the functionality I used with gmail.

• @Corey, what do you use on the server?

• comXyzcomXyz Member

If it happens to me, please save my life @Jar

@Nyr said:
    No, he will not. He was breaking their ToS and they got him, end of the game.

What ToS is it?

• comXyzcomXyz Member

OK guys, I can't help you guys if you don't send me Administrator info of the account that Google is going to close it. Trust me or not, it's up to you guys.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Mxroute is great. I don't currently use it, but I have used it recently and in the past andwoukd not hesitate to use it or recommend it. @Jar cares and it shows in the quality and value of the email service. Also check out Rackspace, or a reseller ;)

• ATHKATHK Member

Response from GA rep

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for reading this message. I have more details about the reason why this account is being purged.

First, I want to confirm that the email sent is from Google Apps, and the reason why this account is being deleted is that it was garnered in a dubious manner. That is a violation of the Terms of Service, and I have no further details to share.

This account has to abide by the instructions in the sent email messsage, and you should create a new trial account with a different domain name. You could delete a domain name from the secondary domains you have in the current account, and make it primary for the new one.

Important, of course, is the migration process, and I explained I can guide you with our tools, or contract a third party to perform it. To create a new trial account with an available domain name you can go to www.google.com/a.

Because a trial account is for up to ten users, you need to setup billing to allow the users you need over this trial limit. I can offer the price of $3.57 per month/user, which is a great discounted rate for the first 14 months.

This case will remain open awaiting for your comments, and to continue assisting you.

Sincerely,

Oscar
    Google for Work Trial Support

• SpiritSpirit Member

comXyz said: What ToS is it?

Illegal reselling things you're not allowed to resell by google TOS? Do you need me to quote this part from ther TOS? :)
    My personal opinion is that this happen mostly because people like you and several other LET members with their fancy websites dedicated to illegal resale of this what you're not allowed to resell.
    Some small individual sale was never problematic, but many of you became too greedy and sooner or later this will ruin things for everyone (as much as it didn't already).

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@Spirit said:
    Illegal reselling things you're not allowed to resell by google TOS? Do you need me to quote this part from ther TOS? :)

Yes please.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I think I bought my domain from @comXyz. Should I be worrying? I did not get such email, but this has my most used email accounts.

• @ATHK said:
    Response from GA rep

Hello Daniel,

That sounds pretty nice of them. Would you be able to tell me whether you submitted a case in the Google Apps Help form, or did you know somebody directly?

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@Radi said:
    I think I bought my domain from comXyz. Should I be worrying? I did not get such email, but this has my most used email accounts.

If in the future you have the same problem, please contact me asap.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

comXyz said: Yes please.

How about:

https://www.google.com/apps/intl/en-GB/terms/premier_terms_ie.html
    3.6 Restrictions on Use. Except to the extent expressly permitted in this Agreement or otherwise agreed by Google in writing, Customer will not, and will use its reasonable endeavours to make sure a third party does not: (a) sell, resell, lease, or the functional equivalent, the Services to a third party; (b) attempt to reverse engineer the Services or any component of the Services except as permitted by law; (c) attempt to create a substitute or similar service through use of, or access to, the Services; (d) use the Services for High Risk Activities; or (e) use the Services to store any Customer Data that is controlled for export under Export Control Laws.

Thanked by 4Spirit erkin NeoXiD Dylan
  • BruceBruce Member

hopefully any Gapps bought from an individual will be OK. maybe just the ones who sell in bulk that have come to the attention of google

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@rm_ said:

3.6 Restrictions on Use. Except to the extent expressly permitted in this Agreement or otherwise agreed by Google in writing, Customer will not, and will use its reasonable endeavours to make sure a third party does not: (a) sell, resell, lease, or the functional equivalent, the Services to a third party; (b) attempt to reverse engineer the Services or any component of the Services except as permitted by law; (c) attempt to create a substitute or similar service through use of, or access to, the Services; (d) use the Services for High Risk Activities; or (e) use the Services to store any Customer Data that is controlled for export under Export Control Laws.

@Spirit is it what you were talking about?