Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1GB/2GB VPS for $4/month :O
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1GB/2GB VPS for $4/month :O

gianggiang Veteran
edited August 2012 in General

I saw an offer from BudgetVM on WHT, they offer $48/year for 1GB RAM + 1GB Swap, 4 core E5-2620, 80GB HDD, 3TB BW. Here is a quick test from freevps script:

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
Number of cores : 4
CPU frequency :  2000.135 MHz
Total amount of ram : 1024 MB
Total amount of swap : 1024 MB
System uptime :   5 min,
Download speed from CacheFly: 24.6MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Atlanta GA: 5.25MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Dallas, TX: 14.8MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.52MB/s
Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 7.68MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 7.24MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.56MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 29.3MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 15.4MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 11.5MB/s
I/O speed :  634 MB/s

The offer said port speed is 100Mpbs, but it seems it's 1Gbps :D It's really impressive :D

Comments

• I'm doing serverbear benchmark right now. ;D

• @giang You order vps from which location? :o

• I saw that offer yesterday. It's OpenVZ right? Seems like LA is having better connection to Asia

• Is this OpenVZ with VSwap or burst? They advertise burst, but the details above say swap.

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited August 2012

@concerto49 said: Is this OpenVZ with VSwap or burst? They advertise burst, but the details above say swap

SolusVM said Swap :D

@budingyun said: @giang You order vps from which location? :o

I'm ordering LA location because it got good connection to Viet Nam :D

@Randy said: Good for you to send out spams sir?

Thank you mate. I'm thinking of it =)

@Jack said: Link?

This is not promotional offer, you can find the order link on their website: budgetvm.com ;)

@ErawanArifNugroho said: I saw that offer yesterday. It's OpenVZ right? Seems like LA is having better connection to Asia

Yes, it's OpenVZ :D

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited August 2012

@ErawanArifNugroho Yes, nice ping here from Malaysia to their LA location.

@concerto49 It's OpenVZ with VSwap.

• Great stuff. Been looking for some lower end LEB with VSwap. Looking forward to the serverbears.

• 4.99 for those stats and 3 IPs? Has anyone used or heard of this provider before?

• @Soylent said: 4.99 for those stats and 3 IPs? Has anyone used or heard of this provider before?

Best provider in 1st half of 2012 - US Central (Xen/VMWare/Other): BudgetVM (Enzu)

• So far it's the best price performance ratio I've ever seen.

• This offer is truly unreal...

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited August 2012

@Jeffrey Price from 2 weeks ago: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1180623

I think the current promo is for limited time only.

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

I am sure this offer will becoming a shitty dirt.
    'cause they have to oversell heavily for this price.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • I agree with @dearroy. To sustain a dedicated server from being oversold, you have to come up with sustainable prices. At this price point, especially coming from a big host, how many VPS's do you think they would have to load on the dedicated server to earn profit back? Quite a lot, actually. I am sorry, but this has been proven with both Chicagovps.net $7/Month 2GB Ram VPS's and VolumeDrive's $4.95/Month 2GB Ram VPS's.

Thanked by 2dearroy Inglar
  • I hope not. :(

edited August 2012

@Jeffrey said: To sustain a dedicated server from being oversold, you have to come up with sustainable prices. At this price point, especially coming from a big host, how many VPS's do you think they would have to load on the dedicated server to earn profit back? Quite a lot, actually. I am sorry, but this has been proven with both Chicagovps.net $7/Month 2GB Ram VPS's and VolumeDrive's $4.95/Month 2GB Ram VPS's.

Yep just look at ChicagoVPS miragated those bargain takers to New York and VD's non-response support.
    I am sure BudgetVM will be the follower if they keep doing this.

• @dearroy, I actually own 4 VPS's with VolumeDrive, I get a response to every Email I send out to them for support in less than an hour at most.

@Jeffrey said: I get a response to every Email I send out to them for support in less than an hour at most.

You are trying to persuade me to buy a VD's VPS right? :P
    I usually spotted some post about their poor support in WHT but I myself never have never used thier VPS and Dedicated.
    Maybe i should modify my comment.

• gianggiang Veteran

@dearroy said: I am sure this offer will becoming a shitty dirt.

'cause they have to oversell heavily for this price.

Well, we will see in a month if they oversold or not :D

• @giang said: Well, we will see in a month if they oversold or not :D

Of course it will be oversold. Every provider oversells. The question should be formatted to "Will it be overloaded".

@giang said: we will see in a month if they oversold or not :D

Told William to PM you how many containers they are hosted on that server.sir.:D

• @giang Share with me too. :D

• the new Xen packages seem great too.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

///

• TazTaz Member

Bah, oversell, big deal. Get one of those 512gb ram and raid 10 16tb from @web_host.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

What makes this interesting is that this type of oversell isn't usually accompanied by such high I/O results, even early on. Usually they keep the investment low, and I can't think of a way to hit those numbers without at least pretending to care a little. They have my attention.

• But it's hard to oversell Xen, unless the I/O or network slows to shit.

I might try them out. Everything is cheap.

And dedicated servers with unlimited IPs :D

• TazTaz Member

@jarland write cache ;) @mitgib can explain a helluva lot better than me though.