Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free or low-end kick-ass cloud hosting alternative to PHP Fog/App Fog
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free or low-end kick-ass cloud hosting alternative to PHP Fog/App Fog

klikliklikli Member
edited August 2012 in General

As PHP Fog and App Fog do not have a persistent file system it's hard to deploy my current applications with them. I am looking for a similar cloud hosting service with tight budget.

Comments

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited August 2012

@klikli said: do not have a persistent file system

Yes and there are the problems i could read online about AppFog

• Confirmed: You can't buy more storage (yet). It's a priority for them, though.
    • An app's instances don't all see the same copy of the filesystem. That's less of a problem than the fact that:
    • Your writable filesystem isn't persistent. AppFog recommend it be devoted strictly to * your codebase, with any static assets being placed on something like S3.
    • Confirmed: They don't provide cron. I attempted to use web2py cron in my AppFog app, but I can't make it work. I haven't tried very hard to figure out why.

Their roadmap states persistent file storage as their top priority

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Windows Azure

• flyfly Member

heroku is pretty sweet, not sure if they're "persistant" filesystems. probably not, as it runs on aws. look into just setting up a LEB / linode or something.