Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 days old 128 mb vps selling
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

3 days old 128 mb vps selling

tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
edited August 2012 in General

hi,

i recently bought a 128mb vps with no brust from chicagovps (last friday). 12$/year

play/mess with it a few hours, as a noob i got a conclusion 128mb vps not a good choice for me even for messing/learning

i ask for a refund, but no chance, cant get my 12 bucks with an answer "unfortunately not"

dont have any problem with the vps, its responding good for me

if its ok i want to sell it here cos i am not able to set it in good use.

ill send the ip and login information of the vps to the buyer.

i dont know if chicagovps guys like this idea but i ll give it a try

chicagovps your vps may be rock solid but your customer service sucks...

selling for 10$

thanks.

Comments

• Did you ask them if you are allowed to sell your VPS?

• no :/
    i asked refund they dindt helped.
    i wont use vps, i thought i can sell it,
    if i ask them they may answer tomorrow :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2012

You should not do this as you will be liable for what the "buyer" will do under your name. If the transfer is ok with host, fine, otherwise you are simply inviting abusers.
    M

• @tridinebandim said: if i ask them they may answer tomorrow :)

Got problems with that?

• @joodle said: Got problems with that?

nope just dont want their late, ignoring and short answers, "unfortunately,not" "no" etc.

i asked if its ok to sell vps to someone else, probably they ll answer with a "no its not"

• @tridinebandim said: nope just dont want their late, ignoring and short answers, "unfortunately,not" "no" etc.

i asked if its ok to sell vps to someone else, probably they ll answer with a "no its not"

Why don't you use the VPS for a small site or something, or a backup server

I think is good to learn, transfering to ppl you dont know is not good, give to a friend or something.
    M

Thanked by 1klikli
  • klikliklikli Member
    edited August 2012

@tridinebandim said: play/mess with it a few hours, as a noob i got a conclusion 128mb vps not a good choice for me even for messing/learning

And that's the lesson. 128MB is more than enough to host your wordpress blog, download your torrents offline, and run your own secure proxy. Combined.

• infact i bought it for learning and using it for my blog

i am not a experienced linux user, i dont know if its low mem or scripts not functioning correctly, i face with problems with minstall, and some other scripts, i googled for hours for problems i faced. i solved some of them coudnt solve some and i gave up.

simply, cant i have a money back guarantee for 3 days

• @klikli said: And that's the lesson.

absolutely :)

i am sure you learned quite a bit in this time.
    If you dont manage the first time, try again :)
    Install hostinabox template if you cant setup from command line.
    Alternatively put up debian and go with ehcp.
    M

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited August 2012

afaik about chicagovps, money transactions are oneway.
    they are known to give rude/+short replies if you ever ask back $, whatever be the case
    the service is however solid and discounts are substantial, hence it is still ok.

in your case, since they dont have a refund policy and no obligation to allow a transfer. Considering this is no mistake by the provider, it would be a goodwill gesture from the provider which CVPS dont generally give a damn

My advice : 128MB RAM VPS can do a lot of things, esp for a vps newbie. It is always good to start learning with a low memory machine, so you tend to learn optimization. Running a blog with 32GB RAM is no fun, but with 32MB RAM it is quite a feat. so just dont give up so easily

If chicagovps want my input on this,
    When a user upgrades / buys addon for an existing VPS, please make it prorated until the next billing date, so your users are transparent with your billing. I lost overpaid $2 once and i still feel it was unfair.

Thanked by 2NanoG6 tridinebandim

@peppr said: I lost $2

Ewww... boooo...
    M

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • klikliklikli Member
    edited August 2012

Have you tried out the low end script? It's a dead simple kick-ass solution to host your blog without (much) technical knowledge:)

• or use Maxexcloo Minstall script. I use it for my vps :)

• earlearl Member
    edited August 2012

@ErawanArifNugroho

He did mentioned he tried minstall.. maybe he is more a cPanel/shared hosting kinda guy..

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Ah.. sorry. Maybe my eyes didn't read it all :D

• minstall gave problems at nginx about ssl, and nginx didnt start, i slve the ssl problem by chance deleting an xxx-ssl.conf file after searching a few hours, than installed php, dindt worked and couldnt make it work, i gave up after a while...

i dont know which one but i got problmes with one of lowedscripts too

maybe its me the problem... :)

• Do you use the latest version of Minstall? v2?
    I'm having that problem too, so I just use the v1.

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • yes it was v2, i ll try v1 thanks erawan

• Don't give up if you've got time to play around and tweak stuff :)

• If CVPS will let you transfer it I will take it off your hands for the full $12

• thanks shard, i am waiting for the ticket answer

edited August 2012

I still think: dont give up yet ! Dont let the machine beat you :) Says the person who was troubleshooting for hours to find out the problem was a faulty sata cable...
    M

Thanked by 2tridinebandim klikli
  • :) i am not giving up Mounique thanks,

i like black screen and to learn new things. i have another vps that have 1024 ram but hosting my sites. i configured it using webmin, virtualmin, i wasnt planing to play with it but i think i ll continue with it..

• sell to mr Arif, he will buy it :_) he loves to buy VPS. Maybe a dollar?

• they allowed me to sell vps, i send a message to @shardhost but its not online a while i think.

anyone wanna buy a 128mb vps?

• $5

• PM

• What exactly were you trying to install on your VPS that you ran into problems with?

128Mb should be more than enough, especially when using a minimal Debian OS. You won't learn how to do anything if you don't keep trying. If you mess up, reload the OS and start fresh.