Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSNodeBox.com - Xen VPS 512 - Detailed UnixBench / ServerBear Benchmark Results
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSNodeBox.com - Xen VPS 512 - Detailed UnixBench / ServerBear Benchmark Results

PhoenixVPSPhoenixVPS Member
edited August 2012 in Reviews

These are the detailed UnixBench results. Thanks to @serverbear for providing this great bench-marking suite.

Package: VPS 512
Virtualization Platform: Xen PV
CPU: 4 Cores (8 Threads)
Memory: 512MB
Swap: 512MB
Disk Space: 24GB
Bandwidth: 200GB
IP Addresses: 1 (more available upon request)
Network Connection: 100MBit

You can find the complete benchmark here: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2012/08/19/P2TnIhg3BdFkvNp4

Thank you.

Comments

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

VPS only--- please read the requirements, dont post blindly

• Personally, I'd say this is in the offers, but that's just me.

• The program is for VPS only.

@HalfEatenPie - it's not really an offer, it's more of a quid pro quo: people help us spread the word, they get paid. I'm sorry if this has bothered anyone.

• @toratekdotnet said: @HalfEatenPie - it's not really an offer, it's more of a quid pro quo: people help us spread the word, they get paid. I'm sorry if this has bothered anyone.

its not allowed in LET .

• @Randy I have read the guidelines. Also I did not post any affiliate links, specifics or VPS plans. I am within the guidelines, but if the moderators feel that this is not appropriate then I am sure that they will take this post down.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2012

good luck

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @HalfEatenPie Here is my take on it: why pay for example Google a boat load of money for ads (it's not like they don't have enough) when we can pay folks that actually need the money. And yes, we have been eyeballing a spot on lowendbox.com for ages now to place an add, but it's always sold out. Personally I don't like it either how it sounds, because it makes us look cheap, but the program is solid and we pay our partners every single time down to the last cent.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

that has nothing to do with this. and yes this thread bugs me . when its not allowed its not allowed.

This is not a VPS Offer.

• @Randy This is actually not an offer of any kind. Basically we're reaching out to the community for help and at the same time we're giving something in return.

• Yes, what i am saying, this is NOT Allowed

• @Randy like I have said before, if the moderators think that it is inappropriate, they will remove this post.

edited August 2012

I'm not saying this isn't allowed (I think this is a legitimate way to go if you can spin it right), I'm just saying I'm feeling iffy about it.

@toratekdotnet: What I'm feeling iffy about is that this is basically a referral program. (I haven't done any referral programs so my views can be skewed) This just feels like a plug for your referral system, which is why I think it falls under offers instead of general (it may not be hosting you're offering, but its something that will earn you more customers). Now if you just started with a topic like "I have this idea" and bounced ideas off of people without linking to your company, I'd say it'd be fine as a general topic (but that's just my opinion). I mean even the title looks like an offer title.

Just my really tired/sleepy two cents. I'm sure you provide amazing services and definitely want to look into ways to reaching out to other customers, but I do think that's not a good way to do it.

But hey then again I could just be an angry old man.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @HalfEatenPie Well, from my tired and sleepy eyes to yours :) I am open to suggestions on how to spread the word. We have never done a referral program either before, and since I am the owner of this business (it's me, Marc), I had an uneasy feeling about it that it might attract the wrong people. What made me decide to do it was when I saw how Adwords was basically cheating us out of our money. I don't want to start a discussion about that, suffice to say that we are exploring other avenues. Coupons and special offers only take us so far. This community has inspired us to create a 256MB VPS package that's permanently priced at $6.95 / month, despite the fact that I don't think that a customer can do much with it. That's why when we had the offer last time it was for a 512MB VPS. Anyway, I am all ears and open to suggestions, because we have big plans and we want to bring even faster KVM VPS servers in the near future.

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
    edited August 2012

@toratekdotnet: haha sorry if I came off as kind of a dingbat. As a person who's starting up I can definitely say we all have the same problems with advertisement. We want to do something new, something interesting, something that is totally revolutionary.

Personally, I ignore almost every single ad on any website. For VPSes/Hosting/etc. (as a person who constantly posts here without stop really and annoys the hell out of everyone) I just talk with providers and if they're active on this forum I give them a shot (and if they're exceptional in their services with that first VPS then I move on to multiple with the same provider or something else). Obviously that could be too much time investment with not enough return, but honestly, I don't know.

I'm sure how companies advertise are considered a trade secret (hell its technically a science), but one thing that's really been working for many providers here is to have a client base who would recommend your services if someone else was just looking for it.

Even without an affiliate code.

If I really like a service with a provider, damn right you'll see me promote them.

But that was back when I was still a consumer.

So I can't really give you a 100% "this will work" idea, but that's what I'm thinking is something any provider can do.

Edit: Reading back, I'm horrible at writing right now (in general it seems, I should totally proofread). But you get what I mean.

• krokro Member

I think this thread Is good, I wouldnt have known otherwise. Thanks

• @HalfEatenPie I absolutely get what you are saying and I agree. While advertising is a science, big budgets help as well. I was a consumer as well at some point, and I've been a Linode customer as well, so the benchmark and standards for me are set pretty high. And I am the same way, if I like a product I will recommend it (that's how I got my entire family to buy Hyundais for example when the economy went bust). Getting reviews from customers is though, mostly because everyone is busy. So far we where lucky enough to be reviewed on WHT once: http://tinyurl.com/wht-vpsnodebox

So I went back to the age old idea: everyone -likes- loves money and I wanted to give people and incentive to recommend us. After all, the incentive system is an age old idea.

The way I see it is that lots of providers are trying their hand at hosting, and me thinks that this is one reason why I see so many OpenVZ offers, because it is extremely easy to set up. Then they try to compete by undercutting the competition, but there is a saying: "Live by the price, die by the price." And by the time they figure this one out, they're already out of business.

The bottom line is that you can get a VPS anywhere. But consistency and good service?... Why do you think Linode for example has been so long in business now, and they had pretty humble beginnings.

Anyway, this whole discussion gave me an idea about starting a website to help advertise small providers. Maybe it will catch on, maybe not. Because we are not really competing with each other, as we are to small to matter, but we are trying to take on the big boys.

• @kro You're more than welcome :)

• @toratekdotnet: That's definitely reasonable and honestly I'm sure no-one's really wants to invest much into advertising (haha to save more money). But yes I agree with you there. I just disagree on the general referral programs but I'd be interested to know how it does pan out for you.

• As one of the more outspoken members of the community, and also a representative of a VPS company: I'm fine with the thread. Good idea!

Thanked by 1EricCubixCloud
    edited August 2012

@Damian said: As one of the more outspoken members of the community, and also a representative of a VPS company: I'm fine with the thread. Good idea!

You're just jealous of my good looks.

• @HalfEatenPie said: @Damian said: As one of the more outspoken members of the community, and also a representative of a VPS company: I'm fine with the thread. Good idea!

You're just jealous of my good looks.

wut?

• @Randy said: wut?

Its a joke.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • you must add a ":)" behind its a joke indicator

• edited August 2012

Register Create an account with us . . .

To register please place an order

https://portal.vpsnodebox.com/register.php

• PhoenixVPSPhoenixVPS Member
    edited August 2012

@EricCubixCloud It's fixed now:) Sorry about that. We had it disabled a couple of days before we decided to go ahead with the program, but now it's fixed. Again, no order is necessary to sign up. Thanks for noticing do, I appreciate it.

• While there is probably nothing against the rules on a technical basis, your pricing is well over LEB/LET limits for even the smallest plan, so it is really just bad taste in my opinion to post yourself here.

And those falling for this snake oil, it took 18 months for any of my affiliate members to reach cashout, of which 2 have.

Thanked by 2Infinity qwerty6666
  • PhoenixVPSPhoenixVPS Member
    edited August 2012

@miTgiB We do have a plan specifically for LET members, it's the VPS 256 plan and it's $6.95. We also have a permanent offer just for LET members for our VPS 512 plan that is $7 (coupon code LOWENDBOX). I am not surprised by your response do.

• flyfly Member

They don't think it, Be like it is but it do

• @toratekdotnet said: We do have a plan specifically for LET members

Which you posted Aug 13th, making this post not within the 14 day guildline. You can spin it any way you want, this is an offer to join your affiliate program

@toratekdotnet said: I am not surprised by your response do.

Can you try again, I do not understand this at all.