Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free DNS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free DNS

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited August 2012 in General

Hi

Anyone know any good free DNS providers?

Thanks

Comments

• PointHQ!

Thanked by 1PacketVM
  • gianggiang Veteran

Hi,

You can take a look at LowEndWiki here: http://www.lowendtalk.com/wiki/free-dns-providers

Or you can use search function on the top left of your screen, this has been discussed many times here already :D

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@ElliotJ said: PointHQ!

Thanks - I was thinking of using them actually.

• AsadAsad Member

ClouDNS.net is great.

Thanked by 1PacketVM
  • PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Gone with PointHQ :) Like the interface.

• Cloudflare!

• dns.he.net

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member
    edited August 2012

I also like the interface of PointHQ. Easy to use.
    If you're in Asia, Zerigo is good also. They have server in Singapore (f.ns.zerigo.net)

• also our DNSbed.com if you know some chinese :p

• AsadAsad Member

@gbshouse Weren't you guys working on a DNS service?

• PointHQ: Why/How is this free?
    They make profit by the "easily upgrade to a paid package starting from just £48 per year for 50 domains." ? Just looks like a lot of work and an awesome site for free :)
    Nice find, thanks.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Yes, we will be available for public registration within few next days.

• AsadAsad Member

@gbshouse said: Yes, we will be available for public registration within few next days.

Cool, well keep us updated!

• AsimAsim Member

@EricCubixCloud they offer 5 domains free and thats enough for most of us!!

• AsimAsim Member

@gbshouse free dns service?

• I recommend dns.he.net

• flyfly Member

i highly recommend hosting your own nsd's.

• This guy made some comparisons among free DNS hosting providers. It is a little bit old, but the information is still valid and he compares a lot of providers. http://www.hostcult.com/2011/06/free-hosted-dns-review-yay-i-think.html

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

+1 fly, one day I'll be bothered to do that but it's better than using other DNS services imo.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@Asim - 2EUR/month per domain, 1000k requests included, additional 1000k requests 1EUR, failover and geodns free of charge

• Rackspace offers free DNS. They have a new control panel now and you can manage the DNS zones from there.

• @carlosg said: Rackspace offers free DNS. They have a new control panel now and you can manage the DNS zones from there.

they provide it for free? or maybe for a lowend price range?

• but you must have server with rackspace before can using their dns.

• @sandbox said: they provide it for free? or maybe for a lowend price range?

Yes, for free.

@tommy said: but you must have server with rackspace before can using their dns.

Not anymore, with the new control panel it's no longer necessary to have any server. I'm using it for some domains now and no cloud servers are running at this moment.

Thanked by 1sandbox
  • awsome thanks for info.

• Namecheap has free DNS hosting.
    If you have vps with linode, I heard their DNS is also good.

• @carlosg said: Not anymore, with the new control panel it's no longer necessary to have any server. I'm using it for some domains now and no cloud servers are running at this moment.

Should note that you still need to sign up with a valid CC# - But that should be no issue for most i guess :)

• @dominicl FreeDNS providers that are any good, hmm, not that many, but here are a few ideas:

• if you really want 100% free then register for CloudFlare (cloudflare.com) and use their DNS without their other services. It's 100% free.
    • ClouDNS - http://www.cloudns.net/ - They have a free option but their paid option is pretty inexpensive
    • I wouldn't recommend Zerigo at all
    • We use DNSMadeEasy - they offer Anycast, and their cheapest service is $30.00 - you can skip eating out once and get that, I highly recommend them.

Best of luck!

• Cloudflare - can't beat 20+ POPs anycast plus turn on/off other features at your leisure

• @bdtech I agree on Cloudflare, they have awesome services and their customer service is top notch!