Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Support/Updates price increased 100% - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Support/Updates price increased 100%

Comments

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited May 2015
  • @Licensecart said:
    I'm going to post it here for you. This is a scam, I highly suggest you don't click the link.

Headers:
    All I can say is hope no-one clicks it and falls for it and this is what happens when your billing system provider has a database leak.

This is just a standard Marketing campaign link to track click through's, it just redirects you through to the standard WHMCS Order system at the end of the URL, which if you copy directly into your browser goes to the standard location.

The fact it has only gone to people with an Owned License makes it seem even more valid.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Well WHMCS in terms of advancement and features might actually have been going backwards since 5.x so I hope they double the regular monthly price as well and start hiring some staff to do some actual work, start implementing popular 2+ year old requests, and adding more provisioning modules instead of releasing skins, removing bar charts and making ever harder to read and more useless line graphs

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@leapswitch said:

Edited the post

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • SnickertasticSnickertastic Member
    edited May 2015

They better make whmcs v6 from scratch if we going to have to pay $100.00 year for supports and updates

• BruceBruce Member

extend for several years. save yourself hundreds. thats one way to do it

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

$99.95/year is still cheaper than if you pay monthly and you are not required to pay $99.95 if you do not want to (of course no updates or support, but they aren't putting a gun to your head and making you close up shop if you don't pay it).

Basic math will end this thread.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2015

@KuJoe said:
    $99.95/year is still cheaper than if you pay monthly and you are not required to pay $99.95 if you do not want to (of course no updates or support, but they aren't putting a gun to your head and making you close up shop if you don't pay it).

Basic math will end this thread.

Lol, Have you used Owned License ?? Suppose, you're running version 6.0.1 & your license's support & update pack has expired. WHMCS released 6.0.2. If you update & then want to login to Admin Panel, it would not let You logim unless you enter a Active License (Either Leased Or Owned with Update Pack Active) :-P

• BruceBruce Member
    edited May 2015

once v6 comes out, you either stick with v5 or accept the rollercoaster of updates every month for a year.

never a month without update

Version 5.0.0 Release Date: 7th October 2011
    Version 5.0.1 Release Date: 14th November 2011
    Version 5.0.2 Release Date: 24th November 2011
    Version 5.0.3 Release Date: 14th December 2011
    Version 5.1.0 Release Date: 11th May 2012
    Version 5.1.1 Release Date: 15th June 2012
    Version 5.1.2 Release Date: 6th July 2012
    Version 5.1.3 Release Date: 3rd December 2013
    Version 5.1.4 Release Date: 12th March 2013
    Version 5.1.5 Release Date: 15th March 2013
    Version 5.1.6 Release Date: 23rd April 2013
    Version 5.1.7 Release Date: 16th May 2013
    Version 5.1.8 Release Date: 23rd July 2013
    Version 5.1.10 Release Date: 3rd October 2013
    Version 5.1.11 Release Date: 18th October 2013
    Version 5.1.12 Release Date: 20th October 2013
    Version 5.1.13 Release Date: 25th October 2013
    Version 5.1.14 Release Date: 21st November 2013
    Version 5.1.15 Release Date: 27th November 2013
    Version 5.2.0 Release Date: 1st February 2013
    Version 5.2.1 Release Date: 12th March 2013
    Version 5.2.2 Release Date: 14th March 2013
    Version 5.2.3 Release Date: 28th March 2013
    Version 5.2.4 Release Date: 23rd April 2013
    Version 5.2.5 Release Date: 16th May 2013
    Version 5.2.6 Release Date: 23rd July 2013
    Version 5.2.7 Release Date: 26th July 2013
    Version 5.2.8 Release Date: 3rd October 2013
    Version 5.2.9 Release Date: 18th October 2013
    Version 5.2.10 Release Date: 20th October 2013
    Version 5.2.11 Release Date: 25th October 2013
    Version 5.2.12 Release Date: 25th October 2013
    Version 5.2.13 Release Date: 21st November 2013
    Version 5.2.14 Release Date: 27th November 2013
    Version 5.2.15 Release Date: 23rd December 2013
    Version 5.2.16 Release Date: 21st January 2014
    Version 5.2.17 Release Date: 25th March 2014
    Version 5.3.0 Beta 1 Release Date: 27th September 2013
    Version 5.3.1 Beta 2 Release Date: 4th October 2013
    Version 5.3.2 Beta 3 Release Date: 23rd December 2013
    Version 5.3.3 RC 1 Release Date: 14th January 2014
    Version 5.3.3 RC 2 Release Date: 28th January 2014
    Version 5.3.3 Release Date: 5th February 2014
    Version 5.3.4 Release Date: 18th February 2014
    Version 5.3.5 Release Date: 20th February 2014
    Version 5.3.6 Release Date: 25th March 2014
    Version 5.3.7 Release Date: 13th May 2014
    Version 5.3.8 Release Date: 9th July 2014
    Version 5.3.9 Release Date: 26th August 2014
    Version 5.3.10 Release Date: 16th September 2014
    Version 5.3.11 Release Date: 17th December 2014
    Version 5.3.12 Release Date: 25th February 2015
    Version 5.3.13 Release Date: 28th April 2015

edited May 2015

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Lol, Have you used Owned License ?? Suppose, you're running version 6.0.1 & your license's support & update pack has expired. WHMCS released 6.0.2. If you update & then want to login to Admin Panel, it would not let You logim unless you enter a Active License (Either Leased Or Owned with Update Pack Active) :-P

My advise is not trying to cheat the system. If you play by the rules you're WHMCS will continue to work just fine if you don't pay for support/updates (although not advised for security reasons).

But seriously, if you're complaining about paying $8.33/month for WHMCS then you need to redo your business plan and ask your parents for a raise in your allowance.

Bruce said: never a month without update

Your list says otherwise. :P Luckily not all of those updates are security updates so you can go a while without having to update unless something specifically is broken for you that an update addresses.

Thanked by 3Lee mikho mpkossen
  • BruceBruce Member

@KuJoe said:
    Your list says otherwise. :P

yeah yeah, couple of months without update. think I made my point though. updates are worth paying for

Bruce said: updates are worth paying for

I agree 100%, I mis-read your post so ignore my comment. :)

@KuJoe May I know the system to Make My License working after I update WHMCS ? Don't tell Me like this "Don't Update it" because none will justify business with security. So, Update is the Most Important Part.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

KuJoe said: Luckily not all of those updates are security updates so you can go a while without having to update unless something specifically is broken for you that an update addresses.

Security updates should be completely free of charge. It is not a new addon or a new spec of the product. It is about fixing a hole that the product had in the first place, when client bought WHMCS. So, if price is just for tech support and normal updates, that should be OK. If it includes security fixes, then, even 1$ of paying is unacceptable...

• cociucociu Member

still cheap solution ...

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    KuJoe May I know the system to Make My License working after I update WHMCS ? Don't tell Me like this "Don't Update it" because none will justify business with security. So, Update is the Most Important Part.

No, I will not tell you how to violate the license agreement. That's just silly.

• WilliamWilliam Member

>

@KuJoe May I know the system to Make My License working after I update WHMCS ? Don't tell Me like this "Don't Update it" because none will justify business with security. So, Update is the Most Important Part.

The license check is quickly patched on any WHMCS version.

• WHMCS probably will be offering free or really cheap licenses with the limit of active clients.

@William said:
    The license check is quickly patched on any WHMCS version.

Couldn't understand it. Can you elaborate ? When I bought My License two years ago, I was a fool who thought that I may not have to spend any money further. But, that dream came to reality when My Support & Update Pack got expired. I asked them & they told Me to renew. I had to pay additional $44.95 fir 1 Year More though I own My Owned-xxxx License :/ I think this should be around $20-$25 not increased to $99.95 :/ Because I paid them much money when I was in startup.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Couldn't understand it. Can you elaborate ? When I bought My License two years ago, I was a fool who thought that I may not have to spend any money further. But, that dream came to reality when My Support & Update Pack got expired. I asked them & they told Me to renew. I had to pay additional $44.95 fir 1 Year More though I own My Owned-xxxx License :/ I think this should be around $20-$25 not increased to $99.95 :/ Because I paid them much money when I was in startup.

Hes referring to reversing the code and nulling WHMCS I believe.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2015

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: I was a fool who thought that I may not have to spend any money further.

Going back two years, was that when they introduced the support pack or was it in place before that?

@Lee said:
    All I see here is some scare

It was in Place before I bought My License but they didn't have any clear explanation. Till today, there is no explanation that I have to renew expire pack to use updated WHMCS :/ What do you mean by Lifetime License ? Doesn't that mean that you wouln't have to pay anything to use that License ? But, it is not that.

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: What do you mean by Lifetime License ? Doesn't that mean that you wouln't have to pay anything to use that License ?

That is exactly what it means. If you do not pay the yearly fee your WHMCS will continue to work but you will not be able to get support or updates. You are paying for a lifetime license, not lifetime updates/support. Are you seriously upset because you're paying $3.75/month (soon to be $8.33/month) for a WHMCS license that allows your company to be in business and earn income? Did your business plan not take into account you having to actually spend money to be a company?

@KuJoe said:
    That is exactly what it means. If you do not pay the yearly fee your WHMCS will continue to work but you will not be able to get support or updates. You are paying for a lifetime license, not lifetime updates/support. Are you seriously upset because you're paying $3.75/month (soon to be $8.33/month) for a WHMCS license that allows your company to be in business and earn income? Did your business plan not take into account you having to actually spend money to be a company?

I've No problem either :-D But, I was thinking two years back. If the 100% Price increase was drastically took place 2 Years back, then what could I do ! However, still I find WHMCS Cheaper elsewhere than $8.33 Per Month. So, I might think twice !

• LeeLee Veteran

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: but they didn't have any clear explanation

Sigh...

• shanodeshanode Member

Just to address the "It's a Scam Email"

• Owned Licenses include 1 Year Support & Updates access with the initial purchase. After the first year, support & updates access can be optionally renewed to maintain access at a cost of $99.95 per year.

http://www.whmcs.com/order/
    Below Packages.

• rds100rds100 Member

I don't think this price increase will break the bank for anyone with an owned license. It's not a big deal, really.
    The more interesting question is what other price changes we will see in the future - for both WHMCS and cPanel license prices.

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited May 2015

If anyone wants to save money, you can extend your support multiple times right now at the rate of $44.95/year.

Just go to my services -- > View details --> Extend Now.

I just paid $44.95 twice right now and got my license support extended until 2017.

Did it for both my owned licenses.

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited May 2015

Stopped using WHMCS when they shafted all their resellers a while back. I was quite happy with the license provider was using until WHMCS turned around and decided no more resellers.

Decided I don't want to be dealing with a company that's willing to pull the rug out from under the feet of their own resellers, if they're prepared to do that to their long term partners then what does that say about what they'd be prepared to do to their customers.

I see they've re-instated their reseller programme since, mind you this was before the Cpanel takeover/merge.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Going to move to Blesta.

I just need to spend $100 to $200 for custom design which will be cheaper then WHMCS annual upgrade and it will be easy to give a same look of whmcs.

Thanked by 1Licensecart