Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Support/Updates price increased 100%
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Support/Updates price increased 100%

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Just received this from WHMCS -

As a customer of WHMCS, we want to sincerely thank you for choosing our software to run your business. If you're like us, you know great billing software that automates your operations is one of the critical success factors of any business.

We are writing to you today to announce a price increase for the Support & Updates service associated with your Owned License.

Support & Updates is an optional service which grants you access to the latest software updates for WHMCS and the ability to contact our technical support team whenever you need them.

Next month, WHMCS will introduce its first price increase in over 8 years for the renewal cost of Support & Updates. The price for a 1 Year renewal will increase from $44.95 to $99.95. At the same time, we will also be introducing the ability to renew for 6 Months at a cost of $59.95.

Between now and 22nd June 2015, you can extend your current support and updates agreement for an additional 12 months and take advantage of today's pricing of $44.95. Click here to renew now »

We are making a significant investment in both staff and behind the scenes technologies as we look to enhance the capability and automation WHMCS provides, and significantly accelerate the speed with which we're able to deliver changes. We look forward to demonstrating the benefits of these changes over the coming weeks and months.

We appreciate your business and look forward to successfully assisting you with automating your operations and providing you with features that help drive your business, and provide you with expert technical support in times of need.

Even though it is a 100% rise, I don't think $100 / year is a lot for a software which automates your business. They should really use the extra funds to make it better.

Comments

• berkayberkay Member

Question is: will they?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

No :p. Let's go to Blesta.

Thanked by 1martip07
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

$100 per year will make owned licenses more expensive than some leased licenses -

http://whmcs.com/resellers/

• @leapswitch said:
    I don't think $100 / year is a lot for a software which automates your business.

That's literally nothing. Yet, people will still complain. Mostly those with business models already doomed to failure . . . so pretty much 90% of the market.

Thanked by 2leapswitch vimalware

@Microlinux said:
    That's literally nothing. Yet, people will still complain. Mostly those with business models already doomed to failure . . . so pretty much 90% of the market.

True, but I think most such hosts won't have owned licenses.

• BruceBruce Member

for those not great with maths, it's a 122% increase

increases happen, but 122% is shit. really shit

Thanked by 1stallion

@Bruce said:
    for those not great with maths, it's a 122% increase

increases happen, but 122% is shit. really shit

Its actually 122.358% to be exact :p :D

Thanked by 2stallion vimalware
  • xaitmixaitmi Member

I have two owned licenses. Although it's not much, it does make a little dent in the wallet at the end of the year. But I definitely wouldn't ditch WHMCS over a price increase. :(

Thanked by 1lucast
  • RizRiz Member

It'll be interesting to see where the money goes in regards to improvements.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I will definitely sell My One if it's True and will go for a Leased License !

• MSPNickMSPNick Member

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    I will definitely sell My One if it's True and will go for a Leased License !

You got a owned license? How much?

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@MSPNick said:

Yeah, I run My Own License on My Portal. I bought it back in 2012. Haven't thought to sell it. Let Me get the official email from WHMCS. I would think then.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Yeah, I run My Own License on My Portal. I bought it back in 2012. Haven't thought to sell it. Let Me get the official email from WHMCS. I would think then.

Shout me.

• mycloudmycloud Member

It is time to start LowEndWHMCS.

• BruceBruce Member

clearly WHMCS v6 will not be released until after June 22

June 22 is an odd date

• I still want to see what will look the ordering process in whmcs6, if they will add only some themes I will switch to hostbill.

• LicensecartLicensecart Member
    edited May 2015

I'm going to post it here for you. This is a scam, I highly suggest you don't click the link.

Headers:

Received: from SH-DC-01.SH.LOCAL (10.0.10.1) by SH-DC-01.SH.LOCAL (10.0.10.1)

with Microsoft SMTP Server (TLS) id 15.0.1076.9 via Mailbox Transport; Fri,
    22 May 2015 19:46:56 +0100
    Received: from SH-DC-01.SH.LOCAL (10.0.10.1) by SH-DC-01.SH.LOCAL (10.0.10.1)
    with Microsoft SMTP Server (TLS) id 15.0.1076.9; Fri, 22 May 2015 19:46:56
    +0100
    Received: from server.Company.co.uk (ip-address) by SH-DC-01.SH.LOCAL
    (10.0.10.1) with Microsoft SMTP Server (TLS) id 15.0.1076.9 via Frontend
    Transport; Fri, 22 May 2015 19:46:56 +0100
    Received: from sender52.critsend.com ([62.210.129.207]:46157)
    by server.Company.co.uk with esmtp (Exim 4.85)
    (envelope-from nicolas@critsend.com)
    id 1Yvry7-0004Ja-1b
    for [email protected]; Fri, 22 May 2015 19:46:51 +0100
    Received: from sender52.critsend.com (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
    by sender52.critsend.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id D43E6B84CFD
    for name@Company.co.uk; Fri, 22 May 2015 18:46:45 +0000 (UTC)
    DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=simple/simple;
    d=messaging-master.net; i=@messaging-master.net; q=dns/txt;
    s=critsend2; t=1432320405; h=MIME-Version : Content-Transfer-Encoding :
    Content-Type : To : From : Subject : Reply-To : Precedence : Sender :
    Date : Message-ID : List-Unsubscribe;
    bh=XMUVmiKGodnBMWmENL0IYIYcFWu8Ml8CjTE+/2FHxS0=; b=Aw1uymI1gGowPN94YL0gXw3V1XW0i9p45yl6GcA7H67+jcfnLnQhVswWztAbuyb+oGGzLpBQWcwaXQ5pVqqy9sDDWE5HU0hG43B4h6MYe/Ss2gYi5v2OioFltuhnWokmOHXRyXx7pVmjLknOhO1p7GbE6GlMTF1OUabQAieW4o4=
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
    Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8"
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: {Disarmed} Support and Updates Price Increase
    Reply-To: [email protected]
    Precedence: bulk
    Sender: delivery@critsend.com
    Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 18:46:45 +0000
    Message-ID: 4+paas3tc3bkacafcf2eaqlyqt4tgoniscci7pakwr5qz6q46dmjn66nmqzoqav4cnsujz3dnhbbg2yczypd255rs4hxjeyxhikfxmgvdddjhiwmhs7rrpgarino2nduske66af7wfbpcv4iir+6082@critsend.com
    List-Unsubscribe: unsub--4+paas3tc3bkacafcf2eaqlyqt4tgoniscci7pakwr5qz6q46dmjn66nmqzoqav4cnsujz3dnhbbg2yczypd255rs4hxjeyxhikfxmgvdddjhiwmhs7rrpgarino2nduske66af7wfbpcv4iir+6082@critsend.com
    X-Company-MailScanner-Information: Please contact the ISP for more information
    X-Company-MailScanner-ID: 1Yvry7-0004Ja-1b
    X-Company-MailScanner: Found to be clean
    X-Company-MailScanner-SpamCheck: not spam, SpamAssassin (not cached,
    score=-1.196, required 5, BAYES_00 -1.90, DKIM_SIGNED 0.10,
    DKIM_VALID -0.10, HTML_MESSAGE 0.00, MIME_HTML_ONLY 0.72,
    RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_H3 -0.01, RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_WL -0.01, SPF_PASS -0.00,
    URIBL_BLOCKED 0.00)
    X-Company-MailScanner-From: [email protected]
    X-Spam-Status: No
    Return-Path: [email protected]
    X-MS-Exchange-Organization-Network-Message-Id: 80017ef5-b71b-4ff3-88dd-08d262d6d01d
    X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthSource: SH-DC-01.SH.LOCAL
    X-MS-Exchange-Organization-AuthAs: Anonymous

I've removed my client's information as I saw it when helping him.

The url goes to:

All I can say is hope no-one clicks it and falls for it and this is what happens when your billing system provider has a database leak.

@Licensecart said:
    I'm going to post it here for you. This is a scam, I highly suggest you don't click the link.

Headers:
    All I can say is hope no-one clicks it and falls for it and this is what happens when your billing system provider has a database leak.

Mike,
    Even the WHMCS 6.0 email had the same headers. [email protected] appears there as well as the t.critsend.com links.

• @leapswitch said:
    Even the WHMCS 6.0 email had the same headers. [email protected] appears there as well as the t.critsend.com links.

WHMCS have a short link domain called go.whmcs.com

WHMCS use Enom for domains

This domain critsend use:

Name GANDI SAS
    Whois Server whois.gandi.net
    Referral URL http://www.gandi.net
    Status clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
    Important Dates
    Expires On April 30, 2016
    Registered On April 30, 2009
    Updated On March 10, 2015

WHMCS would have wrote a blog post: http://blog.whmcs.com/

or on twitter: http://twitter.com/whmcs

• BruceBruce Member
    edited May 2015

@Licensecart said:

licensekey=Owned-cXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

whos key is that? yours or your customers?

@Bruce said:

That is my key. Can you please remove it from the post :)

Thanked by 1stallion
  • @Bruce said:

Someone on WHT I copied that link to Chris (WHT Mod) but a lot of people think it's real because of a V6 email and there's a Nick on the WHMCS team, but I won't believe it until I see it on their blog and tweet.

If it is real they have really drank too much power and heading down to Hostbill and it's good for Blesta.

• BruceBruce Member

the email I received includes my whmcs license key. so it's either genuine or their DB has been leached

• @Licensecart +1 Blesta

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • @Bruce said:
    the email I received includes my whmcs license key. so it's either genuine or their DB has been leached

Not sure how long you've had yours but Hostgator allowed hackers into WHMCS's server before so that's what I thought it was. But a lot are saying it's 100% legit so if it is they have technically killed WHMCS.

• @century1stop said:
    Licensecart +1 Blesta

Blesta ? Never again! Stay away from Phil and his reseller @Licensecart!

edited May 2015

@alexvolk said:
    Blesta ? Never again! Stay away from Phil and his reseller @Licensecart!

Again are you that stupid. Phil manages SolusVM, you mean Paul. I've bolded it for you. And I'm not the only distributor there's BuycPanel or LicensePal. And I couldn't care less if you hate me I'm not here to please you.

• @Licensecart BuycPanel or LicensePal just sells license.

What you do here trying to "make" Blesta shit number one in every thread!

WHMCS indeed dying, that's a reason why they're increasing prices.

and you're stupid that didn't understand last time what everybody said to you.

• BruceBruce Member

@alexvolk said:
    Stay away

why? dodgy?

edited May 2015

@alexvolk said:
    Licensecart BuycPanel or LicensePal just sells license.

What you do here trying to "make" Blesta shit number one in every thread!

WHMCS indeed dying, that's a reason why they're increasing prices.

and you're stupid that didn't understand last time what everybody said to you.

Ovs they sell licenses like me, I'm not here to do anything can you tell me which threads I've tried to do what you said. Come on spit it out please.

PS not going to ignite your flame war, you can do what you please I came here because myself and a client thought it was a scam and reported it to WHMCS to try and help others. Not to help you, not to argue with you, I've got better things to do.