Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100GB of KVM/Xen storage in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

100GB of KVM/Xen storage in Europe

NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I need some storage within Europe. Don't want OpenVZ and only established providers (3+ years in business, own network, etc...). Any European location will do.

The options which I can think of are:

• XenPower - my preferred option, pretty cheap also
  • Vultr
  • OVH/Ikoula dedi - out of stock/would prefer to avoid

Suggestions? Ideally I don't want to pay more than ~50€/year for this.

Comments

• jaakkajaakka Member

https://backupsy.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=12

KVM Virtualization
    1 vCPU (Intel Xeon L5520/L5630, Fair share)
    512 MB Memory
    100GB RAID 50 Storage Space
    2TB Traffic Limit
    1Gbps Uplink
    1 IPv4

I use this for Windows backup. 40$ per year. Atleast i take comfort that its RAID-50 with backups.

• ehabehab Member

since its for storage why not OpenVZ if you can still request nfs, fuse or other modules beforehand?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@jaakka not in Europe and not their own network. They are a pretty new business too, although not by LET standards.

@bersy doesn't fit my requirements either, just a random OVH provider :(

@ehab security, reliability, isolation... OpenVZ is ok to play and some little tasks, but it's very limited.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

How long to you need it for mate?

@Nekki said:
    How long to you need it for mate?

It's going to be a backup box, so long term. I wouldn't have a problem prepaying a full year.

• ehabehab Member

@Nyr , can you please tell or link me to topics about where/when openVZ didn't offer reliability, isolation!

@ehab said:
    Nyr , can you please tell or link me to topics about where/when openVZ didn't offer reliability, isolation!

I don't even know where to start. Anyway I can't get an OVZ for this even if I wanted since encrypted volumes will be used.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Nyr said: It's going to be a backup box, so long term. I wouldn't have a problem prepaying a full year.

OK - I was going to offer you my Kidichere if it was short-to-medium term use, which I'm still happy to do if you don't mind possibly having to vacate after 9-12 months?

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • ehabehab Member

FYI, if you cant get what you wanted i used on openVZ rsync to push an encfs directory mounted using nfs / sshfs and has been fine. Also tested watching a clip and sometimes its bumpy but its oky.

@Nekki said:
    OK - I was going to offer you my Kidichere if it was short-to-medium term use, which I'm still happy to do if you don't mind possibly having to vacate after 9-12 months?

I appreciate your kind offer, but I have some of them myself :) This is to backup some content hosted at a bigger Online.net box, so I want something with a different provider, just in case.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2015

Nyr said: I appreciate your kind offer, but I have some of them myself :) This is to backup some content hosted at a bigger Online.net box, so I want something with a different provider, just in case.

Fair enough mate, I wanted to do something as a thank you for the OpenVPN script I've used so much, but clearly another Online.net box doesn't help you. I've made a small donation via paypal instead to help go towards getting yourself something decent.

Thanked by 3Nyr Riz inthecloudblog

@ehab said:
    FYI, if you cant get what you wanted i used on openVZ rsync to push an encfs directory mounted using nfs / sshfs and has been fine. Also tested watching a clip and sometimes its bumpy but its oky.

I appreciate your intention, but this data is pretty important to me and I would prefer to pay a bit more if needed than to use some hackish setup.

I will probably go with one of the Prometeus boxes or some small dedi. Anyway I still have two months until a migration is needed, so can wait for some new deals too :)

@Nekki said:
    Fair enough mate, I wanted to do something as a thank you for the OpenVPN script I've used so much, but clearly another Online.net box doesn't help you. I've made a small donation via paypal instead to help go towards getting yourself something decent.

You are awesome, man. It was not needed at all, but thank you for being so kind. I'm happy to know my work is useful to others, feels good :)

• ehabehab Member

first time i see Nekki as a sweet guy

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

@ehab said:
    first time i see Nekki as a sweet guy

Don't get used to it.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Nyr said:
    I need some storage within Europe. Don't want OpenVZ and only established providers (3+ years in business, own network, etc...). Any European location will do.

The options which I can think of are:

• XenPower - my preferred option, pretty cheap also
    • Vultr
    • OVH/Ikoula dedi - out of stock/would prefer to avoid

Suggestions? Ideally I don't want to pay more than ~50€/year for this.

30Eur p,year in NL ok? xen hvm or pv.

Thanked by 1Nyr
    edited May 2015

@AnthonySmith said:
    30Eur p,year in NL ok? xen hvm or pv.

Sold. Either send me an order link or I can open a ticket, whatever it's easier for you :)

Edit: HVM preferred, but PV can do too.

I will put the order through for you in aroud 30 minutes, need to do manual orders for NL HVM. :-)

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

ehab said: first time i see Nekki as a sweet guy

Fuck you.

@AnthonySmith thanks. No hurry at all, whenever you can. I'm going to sleep now anyway.

• ehabehab Member

@Nyr said:
    Don't get used to it.

yeahh :D

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

@Nyr order put through and VPS ready, just pay when you wake up I know your good for it.

Ant.

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • cociucociu Member

@Nyr we can offer you 100 gb in a KVM located in Romania, i know we are preatty new in the bussines (1 year) but we own our DC, we are registereg company , and i can assigurate you will be verry verry safety with us. The price will be 40 eur/year if you are interesed please PM

Thanks all for the offers. I got some very nice and unexpected offers and if it were for me I would have got 3 of them. Nice to know this community still has some very nice and reliable providers doing deals.

@AnthonySmith thank you, got it done.

cociu said: i can assigurate you will be verry verry safety with us

I already got what I wanted, but not really interested in the services of an ISP which publicly advertises how they ignore the law. I would prefer my node not to be raided, no offense.

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2015

@Nyr lol what Law i ignore ? we are located in Romania , can you tell me what kind of law we ignore ? if one law dont exist here ... what can i do ? Never mind , i am glad to see you are find what you search , and for "raided" i am not affraid, we have publish our identity in our webpage so if we brake any Law ... here i am :) Regards

@cociu don't get me wrong, no one really cares about copyright infringement most of the time, but there is a difference between the OVH attitude and yours.

cociu said: if one law dont exist here ... what can i do ?

Don't you have copyright laws down there? DMCA doesn't apply obviously, but you need to comply with the EUCD and looking at your advertisements, you ignore it. Anyway I am not a lawyer, you should probably ask one.

cociu said: and for "raided" i am not affraid

Let me know in some years down the road if you follow this path. You do this now because no one cared to start action against you, yet.

• cociucociu Member

@Nyr i cannot compare our bussiness with ovh , first OVH is verry verry big , second OVH dont have bussiness in Romania , Now you can compare our TOS with Voxility DC (dc from Romania) and you will see shome interesed words. Now if you want understand i am not search for problems , i really invery verry very much in my little bussines so dont get me wrong ... i dont need problems. Until sell shomething i really read the law. And what i tell you ... never mind i just ofert you shomenting and i know is your choise to buy from the isp what you want. Regards

edited May 2015

@cociu I am not going to keep going around circles and this is off topic anyway. Just so you know: Voxility has got servers raided plenty of times, but they don't really care about some lost boxes.

• cociucociu Member

@Nyr ok , the circle is close , you know you Law , we are here i am verry verry shure in what i do. Regards