Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LAUNCH SPECIAL - HostBrew, LLC | 50% Recurring | SSD OpenVZ | Bitcoin Accepted | 10 Day Money Back G
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LAUNCH SPECIAL - HostBrew, LLC | 50% Recurring | SSD OpenVZ | Bitcoin Accepted | 10 Day Money Back G

Welcome to HostBrew, LLC

Web Hosting Brewed to Perfection

OUR GUARANTEE

10 day Money Back Guarantee, if you are not happy we will make it right or provide you a full refund within 10 days. After 10 days, we have a pro-rated Cancellation & Refund Policy.

ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS

10% off Quarterly Billing

HOST SYSTEM SPECS

Dual Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2 CPU

128GB Reg/ECC Memory

RAID 10, LSI controlled

Samsung Solid State Drives

1 Gbps Network Uplink

LET SPECIALS

50% off, recurring.

Use coupon = LAUNCHLET

Special is good until June 14, 2015.

Note: We know this makes the pricing extremely low. People may be worried about over commitment and that's valid. Our goal here is to get exposure, over commitment would defeat that.

1 vCPU

512MB Guaranteed RAM

512MB VSwap

10GB SSD Drive

512GB with a 500Mbps Network Uplink

Web price $3.75

Special price $1.87

Order Here

2 vCPU

1024MB Guaranteed RAM

1024MB VSwap

20GB SSD Drive

1024GB with a 500Mbps Network Uplink

Web price $7.50

Special price 3.75

Order Here

3 vCPU

2048MB Guaranteed RAM

2048MB VSwap

40GB SSD Drive

2048GB with a 500Mbps Network Uplink

Web price $14.00

Special price $7.00

Order Here

See our ServerBear Benchmarks! (tested with 2048MB Guaranteed RAM)

UnixBench

UnixBench (w/ all processors) 2391.6

UnixBench (w/ one processor) 1035.1

IOPS

I/O Seek Test (No Cache)

ioping -RD

19656 iops, 76.8 mb/s

min/avg/max/mdev = 0.0/0.1/0.6/0.0 ms

I/O Reads - Sequential

ioping -RL

5354 iops, 1338.4 mb/s

min/avg/max/mdev = 0.2/0.2/1.7/0.0 ms

I/O Reads - Cached

ioping -RC

626977 iops, 2449.1 mb/s

min/avg/max/mdev = 0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0 ms

DD

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=1M count=1k conv=fdatasync

1.38826 s, 773 MB/s

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

1.16905 s, 918 MB/s

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=1M count=1k oflag=dsync

2.14123 s, 501 MB/s

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=64k count=16k oflag=dsync

6.90629 s, 155 MB/s

FIO

Read IOPS 22709.0

Read Bandwidth 90.8 MB/second

Write IOPS 155982.0

Write Bandwidth 623.9 MB/second

Our systems are located in Buffalo NY, in the famous ColoCrossing facility. Future locations and providers are in the works.

We accept PayPal, any major credit card and bitcoin.

We would love to answer questions. Please ask away.

Comments

• @HostBrew in the famous ColoCrossing facility with 100% Blacklisted i.ps?

• @toirdaprr preaching to the choir, I was tasked once upon a time with mitigating abuse for ColoCrossing.

• Good luck with sales!

• Signed up yesterday and already had 3 downtimes of a couple minutes each.

• @NodePing

We have not had any downtime from our end. Would it be possible to share your results?

• @NodePing I have provided a full refund. If you are able to provide your results I would love to investigate further.

• @HostBrew I've sent a PM with the probe results.

• Thanks @NodePing for providing that.

An abuser was sending out a DDoS. It was quickly mitigated however caused some latency for about 20 mins.

• I have investigated this further as I found it very strange. I only provide 500mbps links so that if someone miss behaves it does not take down the node itself. That being said there is no reason why any network issues should have existed other than from the offending VM. After reviewing NetFlow, I found @NodePing VM IP in the top senders. I had rushed to provide a refund while resolving the outbound attack within our Money Back Guarantee policy.

This was caused by an open recursive DNS server that is installed by default on the image from OpenVZ. I plan to in the near future manually test and edit, if needed, each image to make sure this is not a problem within the future.

I do apologise to @NodePing. There was a much simpler solution to all of this.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@toirdaprr said:
    HostBrew in the famous ColoCrossing facility with 100% Blacklisted i.ps?

Our outbound mail filtering system is working wonderfully and as of this morning has resulted in spamhaus removing half of our escalations. :)

• darkdark Member

does HostBrew offer basic help,like direct admin panel or free panel like vestacp etc set up,security set up,firewall etc?

• @dark - We do offer some basic help, primarily with a migration to HostBrew. Anything beyond would be for professional services.

• darkdark Member

Thanks and Bufalo,NYC area sounds a very optimal place for general low latency for area of US and Europe,will try consider it in the future to see possible use one someday..ColoCrossing ever heard the fame,but never tried,does there any shared download speed test yet?