Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

REPOST: Market crash - Dual E5420 $20/mo, Dual L5520 $29/mo recurring BTC/PP/CC - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

REPOST: Market crash - Dual E5420 $20/mo, Dual L5520 $29/mo recurring BTC/PP/CC

Comments

• tehdantehdan Member

Can you do 2 disks in either of these? SW RAID is fine...

• @tehdan - yes NP

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@MarkTurner said:
    All the ultra low cost deals are Atlanta only.

To bad, I had a vm from a friend that bought a dedi from you in Atlanta and can't sat that I had the best experience with latency from home/work to your Atlanta location.
    Would probably bought one otherwise.
    To be clear, I don't think there are any problems with your network, the latency issues lies somewhere in the ocean. :)

• @Mikho - when was this? Can you PM me your IP

@MarkTurner said:
    Mikho - when was this? Can you PM me your IP

summer/fall last year. sent you an IP in PM

• @mikho - 103ms to that IP

@MarkTurner said:
    mikho - 103ms to that IP

I know, thats what puzzles me. Ping is good and was back then but the Windows RDP I had was barely usable. The screen updates would freeze for a second or two while the server was still working. Annoying at best, pissing me off most of the time.

• @mikho - that sounds like a crappy VPS to me. Someone stuffed too many VPS on too smaller system! Connectivity into the network you are connected to is good and we have many customers on the same network.

@MarkTurner said:
    mikho - that sounds like a crappy VPS to me. Someone stuffed too many VPS on too smaller system! Connectivity into the network you are connected to is good and we have many customers on the same network.

the server was for private use and I rented some space on it. Don't think it ever had more then 2-4 Virtual servers on it at any time.
    ESXi was the virt platform.

If you let me test one for free and it's better this time I will gladly pay for it. :)

• @mikho - I am pretty sure it wasn't network, it sounds like just overloaded server.

@MarkTurner said:
    mikho - I am pretty sure it wasn't network, it sounds like just overloaded server.

I'm not sure what it was but I do take the owners word for it when he said it wasn't overloaded. For what I heard from the owner the connectivity was good from within the States so not complaining at all.

I am tempted but I'm not willing to "risk" $20 at this moment, I have bills to be paid. :)

• mikho said: I am tempted but I'm not willing to "risk" $20 at this moment, I have bills to be paid. :)

I am sure you can offload it easily if you don't want it.

• FredQcFredQc Member

Does someone that ordered one of these today got deployed already ?

Thanked by 1shell
  • JonchunJonchun Member

@mikho

want to play with my delimiter? its the $20/mo that's sitting around doing nothing... i think it still has a mc server running that family used for about 2 days before quitting.

• @Jonchun - what was wrong with the server?

• IshaqIshaq Member

MarkTurner said: @Jonchun - what was wrong with the server?

Nothing. They quit playing the game.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • talsittalsit Member

Damn, I just got the annual E3... Still tempting.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@Fred both of mine were ordered and deployed today

• FredQcFredQc Member

@agoldenberg said:
    Fred both of mine were ordered and deployed today

I ordered just after @MarkTurner posted this offer and it's still pending. And I'm already a client of them... you where lucky I guess.

edited May 2015

@Jonchun said:
    mikho

want to play with my delimiter? its the $20/mo that's sitting around doing nothing... i think it still has a mc server running that family used for about 2 days before quitting.

I have a big project starting on friday that ends friday week after. If you still have the server in two weeks time and I can reinstall the server then I thankfully accept the offer.

• yomeroyomero Member

Oh, so the servers are just that little squares and nothing else? Wow.

And electricity it's free.

And network it's free.

And IPs are free.

I didn't know about that

Seriously, stop with your comments..

Thanked by 2Infinity MarkTurner
  • What are the available locations and test IPs?

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

yomero said: Oh, so the servers are just that little squares and nothing else? Wow.

And electricity it's free.

And network it's free.

And IPs are free.

I didn't know about that

Seriously, stop with your comments..

shut up. they are scrap simple as, you are the type of fool who buys this scrap. and the other things you suggested are quite cheap. but power costs is also connected with the scrap kit (some of it uses a lot of power*)

• Minus the L series
  • xsetxset Member

@markturner are you overhelmed by the number of orders or can you still deliver during the same day?

• @xset - There are no more units left.

• So the cheapest server which can enable HW RAID by adding a HDD is the Dual 5150?

• ReeRee Member

Deals like that make me feel stupid for paying $100 up front for the 5150->5420 upgrade...

• @Ree said:
    Deals like that make me feel stupid for paying $100 up front for the 5150->5420 upgrade...

Take it easy if you need RAID... These special servers have no RAID support.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited May 2015

Ree said: Deals like that make me feel stupid for paying $100 up front for the 5150->5420 upgrade...

But you got a 16GB system with a RAID controller; this is a 8GB system without.

I am not sure what deal you are on but if you are on an annual then you are paying $25/month ($200+$100). This system is $20 + $10 RAM + No HW RAID available = $30. Still $60/year cheaper even if you didn't need hardware RAID.

• XIAOSpider97 said: So the cheapest server which can enable HW RAID by adding a HDD is the Dual 5150?

Yes