Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

... / OVZ / Unmetered BW / Geolocated IPs / DDoS protection / IPv6 / from $1
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

... / OVZ / Unmetered BW / Geolocated IPs / DDoS protection / IPv6 / from $1

HostNunHostNun Member
edited May 2015 in Offers

... provides unmanaged virtual private servers via OVH/Montreal and Fiberhub/Vegas.

I'm pleased to announce the new addition of geolocated IPs (US) at the former location, along with a transition into unmetered bandwidth! All plans come with SolusVM and lots of OS to choose from. IPv6 is available upon request.

EDIT: I'm going to bring back the 'try a vps for a dollar' promo from the first sale.

I would like to give LETers the chance to try a VPS at $1 for 7 days. If you're satisfied, upgrade to a yearly subscription at the end of the week. If not, I'll refund the dollar.

Ontology  
2Mbps Unmetered  
22GB HDD  
222MB RAM  
222MB VSwap  
$2.22 / 22 days  
$12.22 / year

Pascal's wager  
3Mbps Unmetered  
33GB HDD  
333MB RAM  
333MB VSwap  
$3.33 / 33 days  
$13.33 / year

Time-lag argument  
4Mbps Unmetered  
44GB HDD  
444MB RAM  
444MB VSwap  
$4.44 / 44 days  
$14.44 / year

Basic action  
5Mbps Unmetered  
55GB HDD  
555MB RAM  
555MB VSwap  
$5.55 / 55 days  
$15.55 / year

Sensible world  
6Mbps Unmetered  
66GB HDD  
666MB RAM  
666MB VSwap  
$6.66 / 66 days  
$16.66 / year

Truth is always in the middle  
7Mbps Unmetered  
77GB HDD  
777MB RAM  
777MB VSwap  
$7.77 / 77 days  
$17.77 / year

Aesthetics  
8Mbps Unmetered  
88GB HDD  
888MB RAM  
888MB VSwap  
$8.88 / 88 days  
$18.88 / year

Moving rows paradox  
9Mbps Unmetered  
99GB HDD  
999MB RAM  
999MB VSwap  
$9.99 / 99 days  
$19.99 / year

Who are you?
A modest host with a growing number of clients from LET and elsewhere. My name is Matt and I was lured to LET by @severian a couple years ago and have not been able to escape yet I've been selling vps and shared hosting in one form or another since 2013 and 2003 respectively.

What do you mean by 'unmanaged'?
I mean vps/containers aren't entered into without your consent and support isn't provided re: software errors/configuration/bugs/etc. At the same time there are multiple techs standing by and I'm often willing to attempt 'best effort' support.

Node specs?
A mixture of E5-1620, E5-1650, X3470 & E3-1230 processors with SATA HDD. RAID 1 in MTL, no RAID in LV.

DDoS protection?
OVH's anti-DDoS mitigation in MTL and basic protection (10Gbps / 2Mpps) in LV.

Unmetered?
It's a shared 500Mbps port (burstable to 1Gbps). No overage fees, but your vps will be suspended upon reaching its limit. 9Mbps = ~2958GB / month.

9 Mbps max?
Upgrades are available for the following one-time fees:
10Mbps - $1
20Mbps - $2
30Mbps - $3
40Mbps - $4
50Mbps - $5
60Mbps - $6
70Mbps - $7
80Mbps - $8
90Mbps - $9
100Mbps - $10

Unmetered in LV?
No, it's 222GB, 333GB, 444GB, etc. Contact support if you need more bandwidth (free upgrades may appear).

Backups?
$1 one-time fee for daily backups.

Extra IPv4?
$9 / IP / year.

Can I pay monthly?
Yep, it's $3.33 per month for every plan.

Is X allowed?
See the Terms.

Test IP/files?
MTL: 192.99.214.79
LV: 72.46.130.53

Gateways?
PayPal and BitPay are accepted with a 7 day money back guarantee.

Thanks for your interest.

Comments

• NomadNomad Member

I think you meant to say @Serverian?

• comXyzcomXyz Member

HostNun said: Unmetered?

It's a shared 500Mbps port (burstable to 1Gbps). No overage fees, but your vps will be suspended upon reaching its limit. 9Mbps = ~2958GB / month.

I'm confused.

So the VPS will get 9Mbps unmetered connection, or 500Mbps with 2958GB bandwidth connection?

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member

Hmm, I remember receiving an email sometimes ago, saying you will close the business, no?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@sirmbhe said:
    Hmm, I remember receiving an email sometimes ago, saying you will close the business, no?

No. Try actually reading the email, dummy.

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member

@Nekki said:
    No. Try actually reading the email, dummy.

At that time they're sending this kinda email, so.. yeah.. dummy me

https://vpsboard.com/topic/6908-hostnun-brand-closing-consolidating-into-ellipsisnode/#entry92196

• NekkiNekki Veteran

sirmbhe said: At that time they're sending this kinda email, so.. yeah.. dummy me

Dummy you indeed...

• HostNunHostNun Member

@Nomad septimius severus tbh

@comXyz 9Mbps but you can upgrade it from 10-100Mbps for a small one-time fee.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited May 2015

I received a PM from @mikho asking if Ellipsis Node has a billing system in place or if it is an 'email me' kind of service.

my main concern is that users here has flagged your offer thread already and before I or another mod/admin moves/deletes it I wanted to check with you

For the concerned flaggers, I'm using http://www.simpleinvoices.org atm and I've edited it slightly to suit my needs. I will eventually transition into something else, but I'm satisfied with SI for now. One thing I like about it is that I can set invoice recurrence values to anything I want, hence '$9.99 for 99' days and so on.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

To clarify; @HostNun posted in the thread about closing the brand HostNun (found here )that the new brand Ellipsis Node would use email as communications method and somewhere in the future add a billing solution.
    The rules here on LET clearly says:

You must have a website with a proper ordering system. "Email me to get this deal" does not count.

The question was raised and answer was given. Issue turned into a "non-issue".

• HostNunHostNun Member

@sirmbhe I had not seen that thread until now for some reason, I've responded.

• HostNunHostNun Member

@Nekki said:
    Dummy you indeed...

So, ready to make an order, @Nekki?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@HostNun said:
    So, ready to make an order, Nekki?

I don't do VPS anymore, all dedi'ed up now. I do appreciate your weirdness however, I'm still not entirely certain this isn't some marvellous social experiment.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited May 2015

I don't see why it can't be. After my first ... offer was deleted because it was 'not descriptive enough', I sent this to @mpkossen to see if he would re-publish it:

Ellipsis Node is interested in the hypertextual distribution of ellipses in concert with VPS provisioning. The excitement is intensified in the act of supplanting the VPS plan names (formerly ellipses of varying lengths) with philosophical concepts selected at random. The goal is to create a layered series of juxtapositions concerning elliptical representation, philosophical concept, and Virtual Private Server.

I was told that "such text is exactly why [other threads I had made here were] removed as well". At least your uncertainty hasn't culminated into a flagging/deleting meltdown yet. :)

• souensouen Member

Your synopsis is too complex for the intergalactic audience. May I suggest announcements be made in both High Ellipsian and Serverspeak, to better facilitate discourse and commerce?

Unmetered plans, tempting.

Thanked by 2HostNun shrubbles
  • TrafficTraffic Member

@HostNun said:
    I was told that "such text is exactly why [other threads I had made here were] removed as well". At least your uncertainty hasn't culminated into a flagging/deleting meltdown yet. :)

The only problem I can personally find with your last posts is your new name. SEO-wise, I mean...

It looks like there's a worldwide conspiracy against your cause. :)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited May 2015

Overall, I like either your old approach (hostnun) and the new one (reminds me the artist that used to be called Prince - or is it Prince again?

I will try the new (?) service, my small hostnun vps (I do not remember the excact name of it!) is working really great for several months now, as a backup server for mails (up 78 days, since the day 1 of the setup). So, very happy!

Thanked by 1HostNun
  • HostNunHostNun Member

@Traffic ha, interesting, I hadn't ever tried that search string before.

• HostNunHostNun Member

I've edited the offer to bring back the 'try a vps for a dollar' promo for those who are on the fence.

To take advantage of it, simply order any vps and you'll receive an invoice for $1. I think you may be pleasantly surprised, but if it turns out the service is not what you were looking for, simply cancel at the end of the week and the dollar is yours again.

• HostNun said: I was told that "such text is exactly why [other threads I had made here were] removed as well". At least your uncertainty hasn't culminated into a flagging/deleting meltdown yet. :)

Hey, I'm not that bad. I'm just trying to make sure everybody's on the same line here and your offers are clear to everyone. Your writing style often doesn't help with that and we're well within our right to make remarks to you about that and/or remove your offers. "Less is more" simply doesn't apply to offer threads, nor does making language more complicated than it should be.

• Just an additional note: I'm not going to order from you because your site is A) shady, B) unclear, C) changes color every time, D) doesn't work properly, and E) doesn't contain your damn company name.

• roykemroykem Member

Hi,

So i may try ur service for 1USD a month or after 7days there will be another invoice?

• HostNunHostNun Member

@roykem there will be another invoice after 7 days if you choose to keep the vps. If you choose to cancel, you can have the $1 back (or leave it as a donation, up to you).

Thanked by 1roykem
  • HostNunHostNun Member

Update: I've changed the default amount of bandwidth included with 'Moving rows paradox' from 9Mbps unmetered to 9TB / month burstable to 1Gbps.

9Mbps Unmetered  
    9TB Bandwidth
    99GB HDD  
    999MB RAM  
    999MB VSwap  
    $9.99 / 99 days  
    $19.99 / year

Thought it might be preferable for those who don't want to pay one-time upgrade fees, but want to be able to use the shared port in full.

• Maximum_VPSMaximum_VPS Member
    edited May 2015

Redacted

• HostNunHostNun Member

@Maximum_VPS hi, is there something I can help you with?

• HostNunHostNun Member

@mpkossen you are of course within your right to delete and censor freely and it's hardly surprising, but what do you mean by "D) doesn't work properly"?

Is there something broken with the order form? Or a page not loading? I hadn't noticed any errors and no one else has brought anything like that up yet either.

• HostNunHostNun Member

@roykem I forgot to say, if you choose to renew the vps after the 7 day trial, the first $1 you sent will be discounted from the next invoice.

This is all sort of disorganized right now, sorry to all interested parties for this thread. I'll make everything more straight forward in the next one.

Thanked by 1roykem